Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mido's a no no

on his day a very good player

but hes the sort of player that if o'neill was to take over the spurs job, mido would be the very first player to be shown the door

hes too inconsitent, and some of his performances this season have been appaulling,

and for barton theres no specualtion because he said he had no interest in moving earlier on in the season, the journalists wouldn't stop speculating because a deal could already be sorted would they? they would tell us about as its there job

hmmmmm

sounds very familiar with someone who has just left Birmingham B6, but I bet I'll get slated for saying that !!!!

not really, because angel's attitude was fine as Martin O'Neill commented on

lee hendrie's the one you could draw comparision with, or maybe baros

but not angel

when i said he would be the first out the door was because of his attitude rather than performances, hes very lazy, tempermental and a bad example for youngsters to follow, hes just not the sort of player you would expect martin o'neill to keep in his team or try and sign in the future

^ I've heard that Madrid & Barca are both interested & i've heard figures from £10million to £20 million :shock:

Is this the same 'Zigic' Harry Redknapp took on trial at Pompy for a few days and decided he was 'too slow' for the premiership?!

Olijniekiteski or howver you say it can do first.

Hows he getting on with his loan ???

I beleive he's been making all his payments and the bank are happy , MBNA have already sent hima letter to say he's been approved for a top up loan with a 4 month payment holiday , should he wish it

a cheeky bid for Zigic anyone?

On Revista de la Liga yesterday I heard Zigic's name in connection with Real Madrid :shock:

Whenever Real Madrid aren't doing as well as they'd like or even suffer one little defeat on their way to the League title their friends in the media start trying to unsettle other teams with this kind of rumour, and in this case Madrid recently lost to Racing so it's time to get bitchy again.

Zigic doesn't move his arse very much but in the same way that they said that Puskas had a left foot "like a glove", Zigic has a head like a glove.

He would be nice as cover. He's no Carew though. More like a mobile lamppost.

EDIT: And he is certainly slow, although with those long legs he covers the ground quicker than it seems.

to the SWP doubters, thats the reason we should sign him, shades of his days at man city when he played regularly

when he's confident thats the sort of quality he produces, he was immense in that half and has been in quite a few games recently

if he carries on producing performances like that, he will be well out of our reach if MON decides to go back in for him in the summer

excellent tonight I agree and his form seems to be getting better

however

I do not think chelsea will sell or that he will want to leave

dead int he water that one, with us buying youg and Maloney they fill the gap he would have played in

MON said he was going to look over things and could possibly go in for him, even though he has young

as he said in press conference as well he was trying to sign both

but anyway i agree i don't think they would sell him now

they've played him more regularly and hes started to produce good performances, the only chance we have of signing him is if ricardo queresma goes to chelsea

although we might sign him actually, as thats realistic :roll:

i'd like us to sign jagielka

hes like the right sided barry as he can play right back, right mid and central mid, a very handy player to have

but i think we would be priced out of it tbh, if sheff u stay up that is.

if they went down, warnock would let him go for a decent price, he would recognise that jagielkas been loyal for quite a while now, and would probably repay that loyalty by not trying to hold on to him against his wishes.

Even Tevez is looking a bit more like it tinight

I thought Tevez played really well tonight. Great goal and he worked his socks off, tracking back etc. Looked a handful and something like the player everyone thought he was when he signed. I'd like to see him at Villa Park. One South American out, another one in...

I think two good fullbacks could be the solution to us scoring goals next season...every top club has full backs which arent only good in defence but can deliver that killer cross and support the front players...Bouma can defend but he isnt an attacking full back...JLloyd just couldnt defend...Bardsley is just a shambles in my opinion...Wayne Bridge is too good to be a backup at any club and if he is available he would be an excellent signing for us thats if he would come to us...And if he can stay fit i wouldnt mind Glen Johnson who is young and good going forward...

We've just bought a striker yet people demand more and more...we need a backup to Carew and thats about it...Marlon King is a decent shout as he wouldnt mind being backup...Id much rather we gace Luke and Gabi a run in the team cos they arent going to be amazing warming the becnh every game...Gabi has shown what hes capable of and he'll be even better next season...Lukes been unlucky with injury this year...i thought this would be his year but we'll wait for next season...

Btw what is the obsession with certain players...Ashtons been injured a whole season yet everyone worships him and talks about other players being too injury prone...

Also i see Appiah mentioned all the time...have we ever been linked with this guy or he just everyones favourite...even then what is it based on...his WC?...not a criticism...just a query...but i thin a CM is a priority cos McCann isnt good enough...we've looked a lot better without him...

CD is a possibility...Distins decent but he think hes a bit better than he is...get the impression he'd want a bigger club than ours...i actually think we're alright for CB...Cahill will be better next term as an understudy to Laursen and Mellberg...and we can even put Bouma there...

Sorensens alright...nothing amazing but there arent many amazing keepers on the market...Is Boruc really that much of a step up?...

I understand everyone gets excited cos we have money but you dont want to upset the balance too much so i would be more than satisfied with three buys in the summer...

CM - Joey Barton but i doubt he'd come...

LD- Wayne Bridge...

RD - Luke Young/ Glen Johnson/ Geremi...

to the SWP doubters, thats the reason we should sign him, shades of his days at man city when he played regularly

when he's confident thats the sort of quality he produces, he was immense in that half and has been in quite a few games recently

if he carries on producing performances like that, he will be well out of our reach if MON decides to go back in for him in the summer

You must have it wrong surely?, because apparently James Milner is "miles ahead of Wright-Phillips" :crylaugh: , you've gotta love those Milner fans!!.