Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

What about Bentley? Would cost a fortune but I've seen him a couple of times now and he looks ace. Great set-piece taker too. I'd love him in Villa. Impossible?

He's only just signed for them ?

Go for that cheating cheeky GAMST instead. He's been there a few years now, and maybe looking for a new challenge?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we are forgetting we need 2 players per position

meaning we need 4 strikers, 2 little and 2 large

sutton and angel will leave i would think at the end of the season

so we need to get a target man who is willing to be a back up to carew

why not king? hes not brilliant but he would bolster the squad, he would be like our mido or jason roberts

i think we are forgetting we need 2 players per position

meaning we need 4 strikers, 2 little and 2 large

sutton and angel will leave i would think at the end of the season

so we need to get a target man who is willing to be a back up to carew

why not king? hes not brilliant but he would bolster the squad, he would be like our mido or jason roberts

Sam I sort of agree with you

however a lot depends on the formation that MON wants to play

We need a backup to Carew but maybe as yesterday proved the backup can be Gabby or luke

We do know we will have

Carew, Young, Gabby, Maloney

Maybe Moore

so I think if we play 4-3-3 we still need the goal poacher type

interesting on who we could go for, certainly a 'big name' forward and possible a young backup to carew.

Berger and the moving of gabby are taking the plaudits for yesterdays win. But for me the inclusion of Laursen was key.Not that I see laursen as a long term solution - but it demonstrates the need for an experienced centre back. What about a ridgewell - curtis davies swap.

As it stands Bellamy looks the player most likley to join us, he is available, has worked with MON before - and I don't think there will be much competition for his signature. I hope not though - the guy is just bound to upset the applecart.

Marlon King is a flash in the pan, he is worse than Marlon Harewood and he proved that at Notts Forest.

....jas ,I must admit that one did not fill me with joy.

Berger and the moving of gabby are taking the plaudits for yesterdays win. But for me the inclusion of Laursen was key.Not that I see laursen as a long term solution - but it demonstrates the need for an experienced centre back. What about a ridgewell - curtis davies swap.

As it stands Bellamy looks the player most likley to join us, he is available, has worked with MON before - and I don't think there will be much competition for his signature. I hope not though - the guy is just bound to upset the applecart.

..... me too !!! I believe the centre half spot has been more crucial than some folk think.

- but it demonstrates the need for an experienced centre back. What about a ridgewell - curtis davies swap.

I kind of agree in principle, but this would be swapping an experienced Premiership centreback for an inexperienced one.

If we were able to bring in a truly world class centre back I'd let Ridgewell or Laursen go, I don't see one out there for us though.

In my opinion, we need two centre halves, a defensive midfielder and a top class striker.

Infact I'd say our whole defense is pants bar Laursen, Bouma and Bardsley. Laursen is always injured though. To be fair Bardsley has done well since he's come in and I'd like to see him sign permanently.

Martin O'Neill in my opinion has realised our defence is pants, thus why our midfielders have to play so deep to compensate them, E.g. Liverpool game, among many others. Against Blackburn he didn't play McCann and we had the arrival of Laursen, we looked so much better for it.

McCann is NOT good enough and we need a class defensive midfielder next to Petrov and for the rest of our midfield so they can go express themselves. Gareth Barry could be one to fall into this position?

A top class striker in the mold of Robbie Keane is needed to play next to John Carew. Bellamy would go down a treat as I don't think Keane will be available anymore after the last few months he's had at spurs. He's firmly first choice along with Berbatov.

- but it demonstrates the need for an experienced centre back. What about a ridgewell - curtis davies swap.

I kind of agree in principle, but this would be swapping an experienced Premiership centreback for an inexperienced one.

Just what I was thinking.

Davies has played 130 games in his life, the majority in a lower league.

I'm all for bringing in an experienced centre half, but Curtis Davies is not an experienced centre half.

Better player than Sidwell for me

Are you a Manc?? :o

I think we'll buy 5 players this summer and let 6 go, plus sign Bardsley...

Sutton out

Angel out, Striker in (would fancy our old friend Defoe or Bellamy - somebody with pace)

Hendrie out, RM in

Djemba-Djemba out, CM in

Hughes out, CD in

Samuel out, LB in

Moore, Davis and Ridgewell are big 'flight risks' for me and we should do as much as poss to keep them. If they do go, they must be replaced by like-for-like signings (but obviously better :) ).

I could live with that, Hobbo, except for keeping Bardsley. Don't think we will, don't want us to. He ain't good enough. Decent, but not that good. Maybe if we can get him cheap and have him as a back-up for a new, better RB but I doubt that too. He wouldn't want that.

I still dream of Bale in Villa. No other dreams about him, mind you. :)

And no, Fletcher ain't the player I'd like to see in Villa. Yes, maybe a slight improvement of what we've got, maybe, but not improvement enough.