Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Parker is a little bit hit and miss, still over rated i reckon.

hes got a lot of fans on here but if you speak to some newcastle fans the opinion of him is not very high

Could work in our favour then. IIRC he almost signed when DOL was here but Ellis wouldn't sanction the move.

Van Bommel would do a job for us and although no spring chicken he would certainly be a step up in quality from McCann.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes got a lot of fans on here but if you speak to some newcastle fans the opinion of him is not very high

Could work in our favour then. IIRC he almost signed when DOL was here but Ellis wouldn't sanction the move.

Van Bommel would do a job for us and although no spring chicken he would certainly be a step up in quality from McCann.

Only just moved to Bayern this summer and i doubt he'd join. Would be a great signing though.

Could work in our favour then. IIRC he almost signed when DOL was here but Ellis wouldnSuppose a lot would depend on where Owen Hargreaves ends up. If he stays at Bayern then Van Bommel may be looking for a way out? just speculating here, probably never happen.

Sneijder would be awesome too, always thought he'd be a hit in the Premier League.

IIRC he almost signed when DOL was here but Ellis wouldn

I seem to remember it was more a case of he would sign if we qualified for Europe that season. Although an awful lot of blather came out of DOL's mouth, so who knows what was happening.

Guest VillaFan1
i think titus bramble would be a great signing, and kevin gallen

LOL plz tell me your jokin matey ! Those 2 are terrible ! :lol:

i wouldn't be too bothered about corradi

IF we sold angel and released sutton, and he was only ever back up to carew as the big man little man partnership

hes got a lot of experience, hes never been a prolific player but he must have something to be able to play for italy and valencia

and at 750k would be wort ha risk, and would enable us to spend more on a different position.

Another player worth a mention - djibril cisse would be very good for us IMO and would probably cost less than an english player who is not as good.

Another player worth a mention - djibril cisse would be very good for us IMO and would probably cost less than an english player who is not as good.

No thanks!! He's got the touch of an Agbonlahor with the attitude of a Baros!!! Bad combination!!

i wouldn't be too bothered about corradi

IF we sold angel and released sutton, and he was only ever back up to carew as the big man little man partnership

hes got a lot of experience, hes never been a prolific player but he must have something to be able to play for italy and valencia

and at 750k would be wort ha risk, and would enable us to spend more on a different position.

Corradi? Forget the Valencia bit. He was only signed, along with the really seriously bad Fiore, as a way of allowing Lazio to pay off what they owed for Mendieta. I hope his career revives but see no earthly reason why Villa should ever take him, either paying money, on a free or them paying us money. Not worth the space these days.

No thanks!! He's got the touch of an Agbonlahor with the attitude of a Baros!!! Bad combination!!

Too many people are concerned with this "attitude" tag which seems to be in fashion these days, i really don't give a feck what a player is like as long as he win's us some bloody matches, you would have thought these fellas are criminals, Cisse has been doing very well back in France and was rightly pissed off at being played on the wing (just like Gabby) by Benitez, imo he's a very good striker and at 25 can only get better, his record at Liverpool wasn't that bad either, 6m would be a bargin.

Too many people are concerned with this "attitude" tag which seems to be in fashion these days, i really don't give a feck what a player is like as long as he win's us some bloody matches, you would have thought these fellas are criminals, Cisse has been doing very well back in France and was rightly pissed off at being played on the wing (just like Gabby) by Benitez, imo he's a very good striker and at 25 can only get better, his record at Liverpool wasn't that bad either, 6m would be a bargin.

Look at Baros, he had a constant sulk on him when things didn't go his way.. That sulk then tends to spread throughout the team, and does affect the rest of the team.. You are better off having someone who is constantly alert and willing to lift the team from a bad spell rather than someone who resigns to the fact that they are going to lose!!

Javier Saviola!

Didn't we try for him in the summer? There was something in the paper yesterday about him considering moving to England at the end of the season.

I read it on the bbc gossip page.

Javier Saviola!

Didn't we try for him in the summer? There was something in the paper yesterday about him considering moving to England at the end of the season.

I read it on the bbc gossip page.

I did think the same when I saw that actually.

We should go for Nani from Sporting Lisbon.

Before I get shot down by people saying "He's out of league" etc, who knows? There's certainly something going on behind the scenes that's convincing other parties of our prospects i.e. Nike, Carew and Young. We should certainly be able to compete with Tottenham, who have been linked with him.

Javier Saviola!

I'm fairly sure that if he does move to England, he'll be joining the long list of illustrious Argentine failures that the Premiership can boast. Just a hunch.

Well your "hunch" is very naive as the guy is quality and has proven that on the international stage and in the champions league, and would you mind to name the "long line" of Argentinian failures?, :roll: ,

Look at Baros, he had a constant sulk on him when things didn't go his way.. That sulk then tends to spread throughout the team, and does affect the rest of the team.. You are better off having someone who is constantly alert and willing to lift the team from a bad spell rather than someone who resigns to the fact that they are going to lose!!

But Cisse isn't Baros though and it's ridiculous to compare one player to another simply because we've had one who's apparently "sulked", no-one would touch Dicanio with a barge pole and West Ham suffered didn't they?, and Blackburn were right fools to take a chance on Bellamy too i guess?, imo play Cisse in his right position and i wouldn't be surprised if he done a decent job for us, and it's not just about Cisse it's all players, unless the player is a head case we shouldn't be afriad to take a chance and see what happens otherwise we might miss out of some very good players.