Nicklas Helenius

bickster

He's a squad player, he will get his chance in time, its a long season. I don't get the lets just throw him in, when we have Benteke and Kozak.

Thats just it, I would have thought having 2 of our main strikers out would constitute a chance; Especially with a substitute place up for grabs too.

He's a squad player, he will get his chance in time, its a long season. I don't get the lets just throw him in, when we have Benteke and Kozak.

Thats just it, I would have thought having 2 of our main strikers out would constitute a chance; Especially with a substitute place up for grabs too.

So who would you have played him instead of?

Cheers for that aab, what's his crossing like, can't be any worse than Tonev's surely?

Helenius is an interesting player imo, I've liked what I've seen from his little cameos. For example against Spurs he should've won us a penalty and had Vertoneghen sent off. Against Liverpool he played in Benteke for the late chance at the end.

We only signed him for 1.5m so he could turn out to be a bargain especially when you consider Cardiff splashed out 7m on Cornelius who I don't think has actually started a game for them yet.

Cheers for that aab, what's his crossing like, can't be any worse than Tonev's surely?

Helenius is an interesting player imo, I've liked what I've seen from his little cameos. For example against Spurs he should've won us a penalty and had Vertoneghen sent off. Against Liverpool he played in Benteke for the late chance at the end.

We only signed him for 1.5m so he could turn out to be a bargain especially when you consider Cardiff splashed out 7m on Cornelius who I don't think has actually started a game for them yet.

Think he has started for them but he has been injured for a considerable time and there is a lot more pressure on Cornelius, he's cost the same amount as Benteke.

Playing as a main striker in Aalborg, he did not do a lot of crosses. But he was taking free-kicks (something that he developed and actually got pretty good at in the end, there is a goal on youtube..) and has a very good technical level, so i would presume that his crossings are pretty decent. Most of the assists come from passes, where he in some way set up the other players - as we do/did not have a target player, but relatively small technical players in our offence.

Again, as i mentioned earlier, the youtube videos are some of the best situation from his seasons. Expect that he will make some s*ite challenges and some wrong passes once in a while. He also have weaknesses - he does not look that agressive despite always working hard. I'm pretty sure he will never be an above average header. His marking on defensive headers are nothing to cheer about - and defensive positioning is not something he is used to, if your tactic requires him to come home and defend as a wide attacker - so that he needs to learn. But allow him to use and develop his strengths, and i am sure he will turn out to be a useful player for you, whenever Lambert decides he is ready.

Think he has started for them but he has been injured for a considerable time and there is a lot more pressure on Cornelius, he's cost the same amount as Benteke.

Thought he was more around the 9.5mill mark? or was that the oither kid for Cardiff

Do note that Cornelius only had one season in fck before he came to Cardiff. He scored on his debut and had a great season with a lot of hype behind him. 18 goals in the first season. Still too expensive for a player in the scandinavian leagues but it will be interesting to see how he will do when he is settled. 

Adapting is one thing, like Lamela is struggling to do, but being good enough is another. I really doubt Helenius is anywhere near good enough right about now, but let's see in a couple of years if he's still at the Villa.

Delph cost 5m and it took him 3 years to settle. He was from this country.

Adapting is one thing, like Lamela is struggling to do, but being good enough is another. I really doubt Helenius is anywhere near good enough right about now, but let's see in a couple of years if he's still at the Villa.

It was more due to his injuries than not settling

It was more due to his injuries than not settling

And there could be hidden issues with Helenius, he might be missing his family, finding it hard to settle etc.

Which was 99% down to the fact that he got a cruciate ligament injury when he needed it the least.

Which was 99% down to the fact that he got a cruciate ligament injury when he needed it the least.

Didn't stop people writing him off.

I don`t think there is the need to worry about this right now. This was pretty much expected so far. Maybe a little bit more playtime but he said so himself. I would worry more if it was the same situation in a year.

• Like 1

Â