Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised anyone wants to do it as it is, a thankless and extremely difficult task.

I certainly agree with this at lower levels.

Not sure I agree at top flight as whilst they're subject to abuse, they get paid a very good wage for doing it, potentially flown around the world for the top tournaments, rub shoulders with celebrities and become minor ones themselves. 

All that's without any potentially doing something dodgy and getting involved in match fixing (not saying refs are, just that it could happen and has before).

On 05/11/2023 at 21:52, Zatman said:

Maybe they didnt deserve to win but they didnt deserve to lose it either. They had more shots on target than Arsenal and had a higher XG

I wouldnt call it a fluke win

Most of their xg came from the goal (0.8 of their 1.1 xg). Other than that they created very little. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

But Arsenal didnt either

I agree on that, but the xg mainly came from a goal that shouldn't have stood. And if Newcastle don't score then they can't sit back for the latter stages of the game. Not saying Arsenal deserved the win - they looked very flat in attack - but game state after the goal meant they were less likely to score. 

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

This will effect us too 

It's to stop players being loaned in not loaned out. I don't think we've loaned anyone in from our other nswe owned clubs.

What they aren't considering is they'll just sell Neves for like £3 million or create some sort of fake strife which means they can cancel his contract 

• Like 1

Nice Guy Eddie on VAR:

"I was reluctant to VAR initially coming in. I was more in favour of letting the referee have the power to make decisions... But I think there has been real benefits with VAR that work."

Translation: 'I don't mind VAR when the (dodgy) decisions go our way!'

"But my big thing is when a game ends it should be about the players and football from what we have seen."

Translation: 'Please don't keep mentioning that we seem to be getting an abnormal number of (dodgy) decisions going our way!'

• Like 1

Hahahahaha

Eddie Howe has indicated Newcastle will do everything in their power to resist a proposed new Premier League rule that would prevent teams from signing players on loan from associated clubs.

A temporary ban will be voted on by clubs on 21 November and would block Howe from borrowing players from the four Saudi Arabian clubs owned, like Newcastle, by the Gulf Kingdom’s Public Investment Fund. That would rule out a move for, among others, Al-Hilal’s Rúben Neves.

Although Howe was reluctant to be drawn on the specifics of Newcastle’s resistance plan, he said when asked whether the club would fight such changes: “You can make that assumption.”

You wonder what else the premier league have up their sleeve to stymie the head choppers
Edited by Jareth

57 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hahahahaha

Eddie Howe has indicated Newcastle will do everything in their power to resist a proposed new Premier League rule that would prevent teams from signing players on loan from associated clubs.

A temporary ban will be voted on by clubs on 21 November and would block Howe from borrowing players from the four Saudi Arabian clubs owned, like Newcastle, by the Gulf Kingdom’s Public Investment Fund. That would rule out a move for, among others, Al-Hilal’s Rúben Neves.

Although Howe was reluctant to be drawn on the specifics of Newcastle’s resistance plan, he said when asked whether the club would fight such changes: “You can make that assumption.”

You wonder what else the premier league have up their sleeve to stymie the head choppers

If course they will but unlucky pricks. The other 19 clubs will have the final say and i am certain we will vote agonst it. We would be foolish not to

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They could just sign him for a minor fee, surely.

The Premier League have long made their bed - don't think that Newcastle (or other clubs, for what it's worth) won't be able to work around any regulations.

I think that avenues already covered with fair market valuations of player prices - they’d have to account for something close to what the Saudi clubs paid only months ago. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think that avenues already covered with fair market valuations of player prices - they’d have to account for something close to what the Saudi clubs paid only months ago. 

But is there a law for a penalty if they break the rule? Surely they should just sell joelinton for 45m and then get neves for aame price. They could do this and get away with it i think

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don't see how that's governed.  What if the Saudi club declared they needed to offload a player immediately for purposes of a financial payment that they can't afford?

What's the sales market like in the Saudi Pro League?  Do they receive large transfer fees often?  etc etc

Howe: “We just have to react to the changes. But I will leave you to decide why those rules are coming in.”

Poor little richest club in the world not being given carte blanche to game the system by stockpiling players in another league... 'Those rules' are coming in because we've already had one nation state completely upend the football landscape and there's very little appetite to let it happen again. Honestly, Newcastle wouldn't have become quite so detestable quite this quickly if they'd shown they had less appetite than Man City for 'bending' the rules with regard to FFP etc. but if anything they're even more brazen about it.
'What do you mean we can't just loan a player from the Saudi League (which we own) in order to circumvent FFP because we've spent all that we're allowed to?'
Time to go and magically find another long-term (Saudi-based) commercial partner, eh?

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Howe likes neves who saw that i coming i certainly didn't. What a shock

I wonder if he might also become a fan of Mitrovic/Milinkovic-Savic/Koulibaly etc. if his run-them-into-the-ground style of football puts more Newcastle players on the injured list before January...

Â