Christian Benteke

Kwan

Spurs are a top club now.

Its no surprise to me (if there is any truth in the article) that they are still interested and if so, so much for for the new contract he has signed.

Personally i feel if we get a bid of in and around 30m Lerner will instruct Lambert to sell.

The problem for Lambert is (with Benteke sold) that we've already Gabby, Kozak, Helenius and Bowery at the club with another two strikers out on loan and no assurance that they won't be coming back again.

So does Lambert go looking for a 5th or a 7th striker based on the worst case scenario?

If he does then is it an admittance that his previous purchases in the striker role haven't come up to scratch?

You have no proof they didn't offer that in the summer.

Lambert said the other day we had no firm bids. (I am sure I read that).

It is inevitable that there will be transfer rumours about Benteke right up until the eleventh hour on January 31 2014 because let's face it everybody knows he is absolute class.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of fans would consider it madness to sell him in January & expect our club to wait until at least after the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil in order to secure an optimum price for our club.

The equation is simple:

Sell Benteke for £35 M plus in January 2014 = probable relegation & a loss of £75M TV revenue plus.

Keep Benteke for the whole season = A better overall season than last year & possible flirtation with a European slot & a decent F A Cup run.

I know some might argue that if we reinvested funds from a potential January sale in seeking Benteke's replacement that we might not necessarily go down.

Personally, I wouldn't want to take that chance.

Bottom line - Enjoy & treasure the beast whilst he remains an Aston Villa player.

Villa wouldn't get relegated.

It makes perfect sense.

We're not talking about some 'mega-rich oil Baron' though are we. We're talking about Lerner and the proceeds from the sale of one player which was probably agreed between player and club last summer.

With that in mind we have however gone and spent 4m-7m (which ever you believe) on another striker who was suppose to fit our system better and replace Darren Bent.

So when Benteke is sold who do we let go from the seven strikers on our books? Helenius who was purchased as a future prospect? Bowery who was purchased as a future prospect? Bent who might not be wanted at Fulham and difficult to sell due to his wages? Kozak who has just been purchased? Gabby who is Villa through and through and might not want to leave and Fonz who isn't exactly doing himself any favours either.

That is of course the worst case scenario but even if we do get rid of Bent and Fonz there is still the wages to pay for the other five and then the new striker purchased with the revenue from Benteke's sale.

As we've seen already it isn't as easy to get rid of players you don't want whether its an admittance to getting a transfer wrong or not.  

No, it doesn't make sense. It's not just in the post I respond to.

It's the same principle. If we sell Benteke for a large amount and Lambert gets that money then he'll have considerably more to spend that window than he's ever had before. "admittance" of getting a transfer "wrong" doesn't even have anything to do with it.

Just couldn't be bothered. 

It makes perfect sense.

We're not talking about some 'mega-rich oil Baron' though are we. We're talking about Lerner and the proceeds from the sale of one player which was probably agreed between player and club last summer.

With that in mind we have however gone and spent 4m-7m (which ever you believe) on another striker who was suppose to fit our system better and replace Darren Bent.

So when Benteke is sold who do we let go from the seven strikers on our books? Helenius who was purchased as a future prospect? Bowery who was purchased as a future prospect? Bent who might not be wanted at Fulham and difficult to sell due to his wages? Kozak who has just been purchased? Gabby who is Villa through and through and might not want to leave and Fonz who isn't exactly doing himself any favours either.

That is of course the worst case scenario but even if we do get rid of Bent and Fonz there is still the wages to pay for the other five and then the new striker purchased with the revenue from Benteke's sale.

As we've seen already it isn't as easy to get rid of players you don't want whether its an admittance to getting a transfer wrong or not.  

No, it doesn't make sense. It's not just in the post I respond to.

It's the same principle. If we sell Benteke for a large amount and Lambert gets that money then he'll have considerably more to spend that window than he's ever had before. "admittance" of getting a transfer "wrong" doesn't even have anything to do with it.

Just couldn't be bothered. 

Huh?

Watching his Shoot Q&A on AVTV - his english has dramatically improved. I do like him a lot, he seems like a nice chap. I won't be mad at him when he leaves.

He is following english lessons to improve the communication on the pitch :D and probaply doesn't want to give the press an opertunity to misquote him again. you must understand he's from walloon and they only speak french there he doesn't even speak dutch :P

Edited by Belgian guy

Benteke will be sold next summer, it is something we really have to become used to. He will not be sold in January though, that is something we can easily say no to. The World Cup is next season and all he could do now is shake off this injury and do better than Lukaku for the next 7 months. Lukaku of course plays for a better team and their style is suited for him, but Benteke can score and create his usual goals and then be the first pick next summer. Him leaving for let's say Arsenal or Tottenham in January makes no sense, we have too much power in that situation and he doesn't want to disturb his prep for next year. And on top of that we would charge a hefty premium for selling a player in January, something they wouldn't fork up given the obvious gap between what we want and what they want to pay. We all knew 25M was a snip in the summer, but Spurs were reluctant and they got the aging Soldado instead. Bad move! Soldado is very decent and a true goalscorer, but he is not the kind of player who creates stuff on his own and he is getting older by the minute. We have probably seen signs of van Persie showing his true age this season, although I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up top-scorer with 25+ goals in the end.

Benteke is gone after the World Cup and I just hope he plays wonderfully this season and for Belgium in Brazil, that way we can charge upwards 40M and have lots of cash to ensure we get a new, brilliant striker on our hands. Will he stay for some reason? I don't find that possible, if he carries us all season yet again and we end up 13th - 15th then there is nothing for him here. He can double his salary and play in the Champions League, playing with world class players every day and who can blame him for envisaging that? I am pretty sure Lambert and Benteke gave each other a handshake of mutual respect, and a gentleman's agreement was set in place. Sign a new contract and make more money the next season, which means we will get the full amount when we sell him and he gives us another smashing season so that he could cement his place in the International scene.

Fair is fair; him just doing that was brilliant by his part. He could have bitched for several more weeks and some club would have snatched him from our books in the end. If I was the betting man I would have put money on Arsenal buying him in a year, for 33.5M. I am selling Giroud in my Fantasy Team soon and trading in Benteke, now show us how good you are!!

• Like 2

Benteke will be sold next summer, it is something we really have to become used to. He will not be sold in January though, that is something we can easily say no to. The World Cup is next season and all he could do now is shake off this injury and do better than Lukaku for the next 7 months. Lukaku of course plays for a better team and their style is suited for him, but Benteke can score and create his usual goals and then be the first pick next summer. Him leaving for let's say Arsenal or Tottenham in January makes no sense, we have too much power in that situation and he doesn't want to disturb his prep for next year. And on top of that we would charge a hefty premium for selling a player in January, something they wouldn't fork up given the obvious gap between what we want and what they want to pay. We all knew 25M was a snip in the summer, but Spurs were reluctant and they got the aging Soldado instead. Bad move! Soldado is very decent and a true goalscorer, but he is not the kind of player who creates stuff on his own and he is getting older by the minute. We have probably seen signs of van Persie showing his true age this season, although I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up top-scorer with 25+ goals in the end.

Benteke is gone after the World Cup and I just hope he plays wonderfully this season and for Belgium in Brazil, that way we can charge upwards 40M and have lots of cash to ensure we get a new, brilliant striker on our hands. Will he stay for some reason? I don't find that possible, if he carries us all season yet again and we end up 13th - 15th then there is nothing for him here. He can double his salary and play in the Champions League, playing with world class players every day and who can blame him for envisaging that? I am pretty sure Lambert and Benteke gave each other a handshake of mutual respect, and a gentleman's agreement was set in place. Sign a new contract and make more money the next season, which means we will get the full amount when we sell him and he gives us another smashing season so that he could cement his place in the International scene.

Fair is fair; him just doing that was brilliant by his part. He could have bitched for several more weeks and some club would have snatched him from our books in the end. If I was the betting man I would have put money on Arsenal buying him in a year, for 33.5M. I am selling Giroud in my Fantasy Team soon and trading in Benteke, now show us how good you are!!

Benteke will only be going in the summer for huge, huge money, in my view.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is still with us for next season.

Benteke will only be going in the summer for huge, huge money, in my view.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is still with us for next season.

I would, honestly, be absolutely astonished if he's a villa player this time next year

Â