Christian Benteke

Kwan

The Christian Benteke twitter account is a parody - so retweets and tweets from that account mean less than nothing.

Are you sure...? 

I think Villa verified it. 

Edited by KjParton

I still think we need to be careful in how we handle any potential bids from Spurs.

eg _ say we reject offers from £20M, £21M, £22M, £23M & then £24M straight out of hand (great)

But what happens if Spurs then finally come back & say OK £25M deal or no deal?

If we accept the bid at this point & let Spurs talk to the player, this means Man City, Chelsea et al  can then also now make their approaches as well knowing we will accept £25M as that is the price we have allowed Spurs to get the ball rolling.

In the above scenario we could subsequently miss out on a potential bidding war developing.

This is why I personally would set a price of £35M on Benteke & would refuse to budge on it until it is met. Then it really doesn't matter where Benteke ends up as we would not have lost out other than losing a damn good player & if no bid matches our valuation  then we win again as we get to keep a World Class player & can easily improve the terms of his contract to the benefit of all parties concerned.

Please, Please Villa, however it transpires, don't sell us short.

It's pretty much what we did with Gareth Barry, we got another season out of him - pushed for Europe etc. and still got a decent price for him ( considering his age) with only 1 year on his contract. 

I understood during the season that Lambert told journalists that £25 mill wouldn't get anyone around a negotiating table. It's GOT to be £30 mill or above - and spurs won't stump that up.

The only ones that might are Chelski and Ci£eh that's if they havn't got enough strikers already

£22m ? ? Will be so pissed off if true

Yes - I know how you feel. However in terms of funding a replacement the difference may be very small. If you accept that Lambert isn't going to given the whole £25m to get a replacement - the difference to Lambert maybe nominal. I see us spending around £8m on a Benteke replacement - irrespective of whether we get 22 or £25m for him 

• Like 1

£22m ? ? Will be so pissed off if true

Yes - I know how you feel. However in terms of funding a replacement the difference may be very small. If you accept that Lambert isn't going to given the whole £25m to get a replacement - the difference to Lambert maybe nominal. I see us spending around £8m on a Benteke replacement - irrespective of whether we get 22 or £25m for him

Accept that but why do spurs a favour by selling him on the cheap. I hate that levy bloke and if he wants him he can pay £35m thanks very much.

I still think we need to be careful in how we handle any potential bids from Spurs.

eg _ say we reject offers from £20M, £21M, £22M, £23M & then £24M straight out of hand (great)

But what happens if Spurs then finally come back & say OK £25M deal or no deal?

If we accept the bid at this point & let Spurs talk to the player, this means Man City, Chelsea et al  can then also now make their approaches as well knowing we will accept £25M as that is the price we have allowed Spurs to get the ball rolling.

In the above scenario we could subsequently miss out on a potential bidding war developing.

This is why I personally would set a price of £35M on Benteke & would refuse to budge on it until it is met. Then it really doesn't matter where Benteke ends up as we would not have lost out other than losing a damn good player & if no bid matches our valuation  then we win again as we get to keep a World Class player & can easily improve the terms of his contract to the benefit of all parties concerned.

Please, Please Villa, however it transpires, don't sell us short.

It's pretty much what we did with Gareth Barry, we got another season out of him - pushed for Europe etc. and still got a decent price for him ( considering his age) with only 1 year on his contract. 

I understood during the season that Lambert told journalists that £25 mill wouldn't get anyone around a negotiating table. It's GOT to be £30 mill or above - and spurs won't stump that up.

The only ones that might are Chelski and Ci£eh that's if they havn't got enough strikers already

Teams like Chelsea & Man City need 4 top quality strikers to utilise in a rotation system so there is plenty of scope for the integration of Christian Benteke into their set ups.

I also believe that unlike Barry, there will be no depreciation in the value of Benteke if we do somehow manage to hang onto him.

In fact I'm absolutely confident to state that whoever owns Benteke's signature after next years World Cup will be sitting on a minimum asset of £40M

Edited by villa-revolution

'I also believe that unlike Barry, there will be no depreciation in the value of Benteke if we do somehow manage to hang onto him.'

That's the £50 million pound question, if he improves he'll be one hell of a player and would command a mega pay deal and transfer fee from Europe's finest BUT if he turns into a one season wonder then the reluctance of any team stumping up what he's worth to us at this moment is probably justified. 

Ah well............... best just get on with the new season with him in the Villa line up.  :P 

Imagine if we somehow kept him and he scored another 19 PL goals next season . What's his value likely to be then ? £45m as a starting point ?

If we do somehow hold onto Benteke he will easily score 25+ Premier League goals next season.I base this on 2 key factors:

1. Benteke is World Class.

2. We will be a far better team next season.

Imagine if we somehow kept him and he scored another 19 PL goals next season . What's his value likely to be then ? £45m as a starting point ?

If we do somehow hold onto Benteke he will easily score 25+ Premier League goals next season.I base this on 2 key factors:

1. Benteke is World Class.

2. We will be a far better team next season.

It's not that easy and the whole league will be more wary of his potential this time around. Don't get me wrong he's a great prospect - and i'd love him to do even better for us this season but it's a tough league and he's still a very raw talent.

Defenders will be out to rough him up a bit - he might retaliate like he did against chelski and get sent off. 

Spuds fan joey55 you'll never get recruited by MI5.

You are the worst spy I have ever known.

Did you not know that your name is displayed constantly in the community index & at the bottom of the thread as viewing this page?

It's not us who are under surveillance but you. :P

ps- are you being employed by the silent service? :crylaugh:

Take this message to your leader:

" **** off Daniel Levy" ;)

Reports are he's packed all his shit and won't be back.

Fine him 2 weeks wages for every week he's not around. He'll come back quickly seeing how much he seems to be driven by £££.

Â