Return Of The Feelgood Factor!

villa-revolution

Not sure if it dates back to Gabby's last minute winning goal against Norwich City at Carrow Rd which took us to the magical 40pt mark to more or less guarantee our Premier League survival or whether it was the night Arsenal rubber stamped it by walloping  Wigan at the Emirates to finally put us all out of our relegation threatened misery?

Or perhaps it's the fantastic & regular forays for hidden gems King Lambert & his staff keep unearthing in the transfer market that's caused it. ( Jores Okore has me positively drooling)

Or perhaps it's the imminent launch of the new kit right on schedule proving that we have learned the lessons of seasons past?

Or is it maybe the securing of our new sponsor Dafabet?

Or maybe it was the pure comedy gold of VT trashing the Swansea message board forums on Planet Swan in the Barry Bannan thread (Take a bow Con, take a bow :) )

Or was it the 31 year anniversary celebrations of our European Cup victory?

Or was it the successful renegotiation  of Andi's contract?

If Benteke signs new terms then it's going to be mental!

Whatever it is & whenever it happened the feelgood factor has definitely returned to Villa Park.................Long may it continue :)

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 2

I like how we've got a "style". Sure, it's been called into question, and can lead to accusations that we're a selling club, but it's also a talking point and can attract similar players...

We're not like Fulham, West Ham.. buying players who (in the managers eyes) simply improve the team but generally just pass by unnoticed. We're the team who buy young, talented players with potential. Yes, lack of experience gets mentioned alot, but really I think there's a lot of clubs who are slightly jealous of the model we've set up.. if it becomes successful then we'll be in an incredible position. Compare our current recruitment style to QPRs. 2 opposite ends of the spectrum, but I know which I prefer.

Would I pay £40 to watch our young players try their best but get slightly outclassed by a more experienced team, but gain valuable experience? Yes. Because even the loss carries a silver lining (at least you can tell yourself that).

Would I pay £40 to watch a team of 31 year olds on £80,000 a week get outplayed by an opposition with more fight and passion?  Nope.

• Like 2

I haven't felt this positive since Ellis fecked off and a certain manager turned up. Lessons have been learned from that aborted project and things look good for the future.

Lambert's approach is so refreshing.

• Like 1

I haven't felt this positive since Ellis fecked off and a certain manager turned up. Lessons have been learned from that aborted project and things look good for the future.

Lambert's approach is so refreshing.

Yep.

Think this is me right now as well.

• Like 1

Wholeheartedly agree that the feel good factor is back. Liking the manager's transfer dealings, liking the imagination shown in our transfer dealings, liking the mercenary free signings, liking the early summer transfer dealings, liking the style of football we have developed, liking the new kits and the fact they are out early. Overall a happy Villa fan right now.

I think it started after Lowton's screamer against Stoke. The Reading and QPR wins were huge but the timing of Lowton's goal and the significance in the relegation battle was huge. Gave us the confidence to stay up and pick up points against the teams around us. Roll on next season.

• Like 2

There has seemed something extra in 3 of the games I went to towards the end of the season...and I mean with the atmosphere in the ground. QPR was touch and go but the crowd won us that one I'm sure...100% behind the team all the way. Sunderland was similar...just a lot louder, best atmosphere for years. Then wigan away...sat with wigan fans like many others and watched in awe...such passionate and LOUD support....I think it's just plain belief that Lambert is the right guy to get us heading back towards where aston villa should be.

I think before Sunderland game this place was doom and gloom but since then it has been much more upbeat and think players realise that too.

I dont expect us to be as nervous at VP as last season

I like how we've got a "style". Sure, it's been called into question, and can lead to accusations that we're a selling club, but it's also a talking point and can attract similar players...

We're not like Fulham, West Ham.. buying players who (in the managers eyes) simply improve the team but generally just pass by unnoticed. We're the team who buy young, talented players with potential. Yes, lack of experience gets mentioned alot, but really I think there's a lot of clubs who are slightly jealous of the model we've set up.. if it becomes successful then we'll be in an incredible position. Compare our current recruitment style to QPRs. 2 opposite ends of the spectrum, but I know which I prefer.

Would I pay £40 to watch our young players try their best but get slightly outclassed by a more experienced team, but gain valuable experience? Yes. Because even the loss carries a silver lining (at least you can tell yourself that).

Would I pay £40 to watch a team of 31 year olds on £80,000 a week get outplayed by an opposition with more fight and passion?  Nope.

could not agree more

and having the priveledge to see Gary Shaw, Sid cowans, John Gidman, John Deehan, Brian Little, Dwight Yorke and the likes develop their skills and presence..... come on guys!!! what can be any more exciting.

could not agree more

and having the priveledge to see Gary Shaw, Sid cowans, John Gidman, John Deehan, Brian Little, Dwight Yorke and the likes develop their skills and presence..... come on guys!!! what can be any more exciting.

Looking forward to the next batch

While I agree the feel good factor has certainly come back I do feel people are getting a bit carried away. There seems to be a real belief that we are going to hit the ground running and have a successful season.

These 3 players that have signed could easily be as shite as they could be good. Its exciting but while we do have some reasons to attract players, we are hardly after the most sought after players in Europe are we? 

Get off to a bad start and there heads could drop, the crowd gets nervous and we are ultimately in for another tough season.

Fingers crossed we make big improvements, but as it stands I am not certain that this squad can comfortably maintain premiership status. 

While I agree the feel good factor has certainly come back I do feel people are getting a bit carried away. There seems to be a real belief that we are going to hit the ground running and have a successful season.

These 3 players that have signed could easily be as shite as they could be good. Its exciting but while we do have some reasons to attract players, we are hardly after the most sought after players in Europe are we? 

Get off to a bad start and there heads could drop, the crowd gets nervous and we are ultimately in for another tough season.

Fingers crossed we make big improvements, but as it stands I am not certain that this squad can comfortably maintain premiership status. 

I think the tough times are really behind us.

it is more important to look at the form league than the league itself when you are evaluating our progress.... the last third of the season showed REAL progress.

We are now signing players on the way UP as opposed to on the way DOWN

Its difficult to be sure where they will end up... but the signs are good.They will grow together and team spirit and togetherness can negate so much against skilfu, but self centred, overpaid mercenaries of the opposition.

Games are not won on paper.... reputaions will only take you so far, application is crucial to success.

Christian Benteke came to us as a relative unknown, with almost no profile.....He is now one of the most talked about up and coming talents in European football.

The older ones amongst us have seen these sceanrio's under Ron Saunders.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE THEM AGAIN.

• Like 2

I think it started after Lowton's screamer against Stoke. The Reading and QPR wins were huge but the timing of Lowton's goal and the significance in the relegation battle was huge. Gave us the confidence to stay up and pick up points against the teams around us. Roll on next season.

Definitely agree the Lowton goal was a massive turning point, it was must win game and at that point in the game it looked like we were going to lose. Who knows what would've happened if that hadn't gone in that day. I'll never forget it anyway, can't recall ever being so pumped up seeing a ball hit the back of the net before.

right now we're all feeling good....

personally, i'm loving the players we're buying in, but am under no misapprehensions that this new lot will likely take as long as the last lot did to bed in...

however, i also think that for the first time in three seasons, we're going to be a team that plays with no fear.... you could see it in people like gabby at the end of the season - how long have we waited for him to fire up and get back to terrorising defenders like he used to...

if i look at our starting XI - lets call it guzan, lowton, vlaar, baker, bennett, westwood, delph, sylla, gabby, andi, bentekkers - there is not one player in that lot that i would say ended the season a weaker player than they started....

we have a team that thinks that they can win, and now we have some genuine depth - okore, clark, nzogbia, holman, KEA, tonev, bowery, helenius (almost), bacuna, albrighton, gardner, herd, bannan and with back up keepers and wingbacks still likely to come...  

our academy is doing brilliant - nextgen champions certainly has a nice ring to it... talent coming through there as well - johnson, grealish, donacien, carruthers, burke, williams....

we have a good new kit....

and its already friday afternoon in hong kong....

whats not to be feeling good about!!!!!!

It feels really good to get carried away and not focus on the negative or the more realistic outcome. We might not make that big of an impact next season, but I definitively feel that there is something good coming out of this. For all we know, we could end up at top 8 next year if we really get it going. Hard to say though, but the signs are there and I rather want to believe in that this new villa will do good, rather than looking at it negatively. For each their own though, I certainly understand why some will look at it differently. There are still more players to be signed, we need to get confirmation that benteke is staying. I also feel a little bit biased, Lambert is really doing something special here, something we might not see for quite some time after he is gone.

That tone might quickly change if we go through a christmas phase again :P 

I do not see why we will lose more games than we win, PL has come here with a plan, the way he was backed not just by the fans but the owners shows that the plan is working. I honestly believe we will do really well this season, I see nothing in this league that can not be beaten. teams with reputations as in the top 4 are suddenly becoming beatable as other teams do not fear them anymore, Man U may also struggle as SAF has left and teams now think they are ripe for the taking. Managers are never normally as successful when returning to a club so even Chelsea may struggle. Man C overpaid premadonnas, Spuds may lose Bale, Plop losing Tom Daly, Everton Losing Moyes, Arsenal  - well they are just Arsenal, This really could be an interesting season and I believe the top teams are there for the taking and I would not put it past PL and RL not to have seen this and feel now is the time to have another crack at it.

• Like 1

Â