1. 1. Who do you dislike the most

• Wolves
    • SHA
    • Baggies
    • Walsall

I was reading this the morning:

The Guardian

The only certainty is Wolves hate us more than anyone

Adrian Chiles explains the complexities of the very bitter rivalry between West Brom and Wolves.

Guardian Unlimited

January 27, 2007 12:00 AM

I'm not sure how you measure the hatred between clubs but, put it like this, I'm not going to Molineux tomorrow. I'm not saying that my life would be in danger - I know a lot of Wolves fans and every single one of them is a decent person - but I'm recognisably an Albion fan in what will be a hostile environment. I couldn't face the stick if we lost when walking away from the ground and I wouldn't feel particularly comfortable there.

What makes local derbies like this more intense is when they become rare, which is what has happened with Wolves and Albion in recent times. Five years ago we were playing league games year in year out so, inevitably, there's no novelty value. Until this autumn (3-0 to us, since you ask) we had not met for four years so, although we've still hated each other throughout that period, we haven't had the chance to vent that hate in a derby. It's for the same reason that Birmingham v Villa was so apocalyptic when the Blues first got promoted.

West Midlands rivalries are quite complex. The only certainties are that Wolves hate us more than anyone and Blues hate the Villa more than anyone. We hate the Wolves but we also hate Villa. And there are Villa fans who hate us more than they hate the Blues. As for Blues and Albion, while we have had our dust-ups, you get the sense that we're rather fond of each other; perhaps united in hatred for a common foe. On survival Sunday in May 2005, when they announced at St Andrew's that Albion stayed up, a ripple of applause went round the ground. If they had announced Villa had been relegated there would have been street parties.

Derby County, Nottingham Forest and Leicester City are off the radar because we're so busy with our own enmities in the West Midlands that we don't really have time to worry about those clubs out east.

When Wolves were really struggling in the 1980s, when they were relegated to the old Fourth Division, I enjoyed their misery for a while but then it just got too serious. Schadenfreude is schadenfreude but I recall thinking: "This is getting a bit ridiculous, they're going to go out of business if we are not careful."

I'm not one of those people that will stand up when they sing "Stand up if you hate the Wolves" because I just don't care enough, although I've got to say that the 2001-02 season lives long in the memory. Many Wolves fans will go to their graves still traumatised by that season. They were 11 points ahead with two months to go and somehow we overtook them and went up at their expense. There's a lot of hurt festering there.

Then again we could argue that winning promotion that season was just repayment for us for 1954 when we won the FA Cup and finished runners-up in the league to Wolves. That hurt my dad and my grandad a lot but I still believe we are going to be made to suffer for what happened five years ago. It might be this season. Wolves owe us one - they haven't beaten us for ages - and they can have this one as long as they let us win in the league.

I've asked a few fans this and I haven't got a straight answer but I would swap a win against Wolves for three points against Plymouth on Wednesday. For some fans beating Wolves is more important than where we finish in the table but it's all about promotion for me.

Perhaps they'll beat us in the play-off final in May which, unlike losing tomorrow, doesn't bear thinking about.

So who do you most dislike? I can’t honestly say I know that many Villa fans who dislike any one more intensely than SHA

I'm from the same neck of the woods as OF, so SHA.

I can't quite bring myself to hate the dingles, I simply find their fans sad and pathetic.

The **** inbred Yams just down the road from them make me vomit on sight. Unlike Small Heath which is all pretence, they actualy believe they're a big club. **** off.

Why would anyone hate Walsall?

And there are Villa fans who hate us more than they hate the Blues.

If these people exist they are an extreme minority :roll:

You'd be surprised Bicks, my hate for them is growing by the day. There's a couple of lads who I work with, one of them a nose the other a slimey yam. The nose is quite good for a bit of banter, we sing a few songs at each other and it's all in the name of good fun. The yam on the other hand is so stuck up his own arse it's untrue, everything has to decent into a serious debate and it can (and has) turn a bit ugly.

If I lived further north........

bloser by a country mile. the way they were trying to say they were bigger than us because once in a 100 years they finished above us. also they were saying it was 5-1 (after aggregiating the two games how stupid can one set of fans be)

also after their scummy fans vandalised our stadium. i dont mind the others. but i ahte coventry as well. the sky blose should be in place of walsall

I hate Blues- not that theres many in North Birmingham but the ones that are here are rocket polishers. I think theres not many Blues fans in the city- they're more in Solihull (I'll admint East Brum is defiantely Blue as well).

I think if you're Villa in West Birmingham or the Black Country, you're likely to hate Albion quite a bit, but I doubt many Villa hate Wolves- they're too far away.

Same as Coventry- Who the **** are they, but they hate us with a passion.

Quite a close run so far then :lol:

"Hate" is a strong word though isnt it, I can understand SHA disliking us more

than we dislike them after all they have a lot to be jealous about, a history of

winning anything, a decent manager who doesnt resemble a potato, a chairman

with some class, a decent ground, decent home support, fans who can string a

sentence together..................need I go on ? whats to hate about them ?

Aye, some of the lads who sit in our little season ticket holders group are from Great Barr and the surrounding area. They **** hate the Baggies.

Having been in Great Barr the last month or so and drinking in the closest pub in great barr to the Albion Ground I still find it hard to believe, true its full of Villa and Baggies fans (hardly a nose in sight) but I really haven't found this to be true

I hate the Blues and Albion, and I am always disappointed in the lack of hatred for Albion from Villa fans!

Blues the most though, for sure.

I dislike the Wolves, but do not find them relevant enough to hate. Same as Coventry.

Definitely have a soft spot for Walsall though.

Back to Coventry - one of my best mates is a Cov fan, and I always enjoy his hatred of us, as I can simply smile and point out their existence is barely a blip on our radar! :)

Small heath for me.

Judging by the reaction in the away end at Anfield when West Brom stayed up - a significant minority cheered - hatred for the Albion is limited.

The reaction (again at Anfield) last season when small heath went down was euphoric.

No contest, small heath are absolutely, these days public enemy number 1.

When I were a lad, there was a lot more widespread dislike of the Albion, but then they disappeared off to the Endsleigh Leagues and it seems to have faded away due to their unthreatening ineptitude.

small heath on the other hand have revived their rancid rotting corpse a bit and so concentration is more on their foul and unclean stench.

Â