Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Yep, Tonev is a comedy act. I think PL relied far too heavily on Petrov's recommendation rather than his own assessment. 

Yeah, for me this is a worry in itself. I wouldn't ask a player to recommend me somebody to purchase on Football Manager, let alone in real life. Even then I'd at least send my in-game scouts out rather than jump onto Youtube to see some video clips.

Edited by samjp26

I've never seen him pass so not sure if he's any good at it, I assume he's not though. He dribbles like he's wearing concrete boots and his long shots are just awful. Not premiership class at the moment, may need time to adjust who knows but we don't have time if we get pulled into another relegation battle.

I'm not against giving him a chance and I still think he could do with some more game time, I also think there is 'something' there - I just don't really know what it is. Weird signing though based on what we have seen I'll admit.

He had shown some signs of improvement, not necessarily in terms of his ball control/shooting but in his overall contribution to the team and adding some balance to the formation etc. Last few games have been a step backwards.

The last player I can remember being so shit in his first year was another bulgarian. Now I'm not saying the boy with have the same impact as his predecessor but let's not write him off just yet.

I meant the posts were not reactionary. The same has been said all the time Gentleman.

And on the same basis, neither are the comments about Luna reactionary then.

Not the same thing. Discussion regarding Luna has been much more balanced overall.

I always support him when he plays, and would never boo him or any other player we have. However, on an internet site, which I hope no player reads, I may dislike one of our players, I think.

And that may change given time.

• Like 1

I meant the posts were not reactionary. The same has been said all the time Gentleman.

And on the same basis, neither are the comments about Luna reactionary then.

Not the same thing. Discussion regarding Luna has been much more balanced overall.

Yes but you seem to take an exceptional interest in legitimate posts criticising his defensive ability.

Â