Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Also he says Praet was recommended by Benteke and Benteke would be key to him signing for us.

We are being linked to several young attacking midfielders that are hot prospects within their respectful leagues, very interesting, I feel that there is definitely something in Lambert wanting a really good AM to get goals and link up play.

I think that type of player is needed... Playing the 433 is fine against some teams, but at the start of te season we were trying to play more possession football but struggled in the final third. An amc will give us different options for different formations

Damn, glad its not ibrahim at least. That guy was huge talent right next to where I lived but he certainly haven`t lived up to it so far. And he was god awful in the u21 tournament that is going on now, literally every touch was abysmal, looks like he had caught some bannanitis

Edited by vandaq
  • Like 1

Also he says Praet was recommended by Benteke and Benteke would be key to him signing for us.

We are being linked to several young attacking midfielders that are hot prospects within their respectful leagues, very interesting, I feel that there is definitely something in Lambert wanting a really good AM to get goals and link up play.

I think that type of player is needed... Playing the 433 is fine against some teams, but at the start of te season we were trying to play more possession football but struggled in the final third. An amc will give us different options for different formations

Spot on mate, I guess Lambert tried N'Zogbia in that role, which I personally thought would work as he gave him freedom but unfortunately it didn't. That said, I do think Zoggy will stay, he helped Benteke and Sylla settle in and he hasn't really done anything wrong on the pitch just hasn't performed as well as we all thought he would.

Definitely can see us signing one of these more known, some what 'better' quality prospects for that position and from the names we've seen mentioned so far I think Lambert will get somebody very very good.

Lovren has a lot of potential but he's very inconsistent and got sent off 3 times in what is, comparatively, a much slower league than ours. Theres every chance that he could struggle with the speed of this league if he was getting sent off that much in Ligue 1. 

But yeah, he could be a very good signing for Southampton. They're starting to get a few of these players in now with Banega, Ramirez and a few of their others.

Seem to be like a (relatively) big spending version of us going for young, talented players. They have a lot of talent in their squad. I'd love to have players like Clyne, Shaw, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez here.

Clyne   Lovren   Forren   Shaw

could potentially be a very good defence for years to come for Southampton.