Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

...a position of some foolishness and lacks sound judgement.

Thanks, but Adam's of very sound mind. I think it was a point about being pecieved as intelectually lazy...and therefore doing an answer in that style to make a point, as far as I could tell.

Certainly in terms of the funeral cost I am yet to come across anyone, apart from one poster on here, who is comfortable with us forking out for it at a time when we are having it rammed down our throats that we haven't got a pot to piss in. The money it is costing us could have funded around an extra 400 nurses for a year.

But the plus side is that having an event like this, or a royal wedding or something each quarter, gives an excuse for the economy being in recession.  All that lost productivity while people stay at home watching the telly, consuming little and producing less.

.........consuming little and producing less.

An environmentally friendly scenario I'd have thought you would approve of. ;)

Yes, as long as they're not farting and producing methane to add to global warming.

The Police have 'promised' to deal with any 'criminal acts' next week. Funeral or not, isn't that the entire point of the so called Police 'force'?

Excellent!  Since Mark Thatcher will be in the country, and they know exactly where he'll be, they may wish to question him about his role in the Al-Yamamah arms deal.  I'm sure he has nothing to hide, but it would be good to assure the country that no corrupt payments were involved. 

• Like 1

maybe this is actually just a police sting and she is not dead at all or In fact she died ages ago and is being kept wrapped up in a Tesco fridge with the horses as the police were not ready for the "sting". Next Wednesday all of these despots, criminals and "others" will all march into the church or wherever it is, the doors will shut behind them and the archbishop of Canterbury will remove his mask and it will be the head of MI5. See it all fits there was a new Archbishop recently and no one really checked who he was.

Edited by drat01

I never think it's right to celebrate someone's death, no matter how terrible you think they may have been. Even when (it was claimed) Osama Bin Laden was killed, there was a spontaneous street celebration outside the White House gates, which really rubbed me the wrong way. It just looks really bad, in my opinion. A solemn vigil the to victims of 9/11 would have been better,  unlike the vulgarity of those chanting "USA!" and whatnot.

• Like 1

maybe this is actually just a police sting and she is not dead at all or In fact she died ages ago and is being kept wrapped up in a Tesco fridge with the horses as the police were not ready for the "sting". Next Wednesday all of these despots, criminals and "others" will all march into the church or wherever it is, the doors will shut behind them and the archbishop of Canterbury will remove his mask and it will be the head of MI5. See it all fits there was a new Archbishop recently and no one really checked who he was.

Were you thinking of CI with that tesco reference? :lol:

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Next Wednesday all of these despots, criminals and "others" will all march into the church or wherever it is

That's true, Bliar has confirmed he is attending.

and Cameron - Saddam would have been there but the guns Maggie supplied him and the other "weapons" had been moved or run out by then.

Now people are comparing Thatcher's premiership to the Holocaust? Jesus **** Christ.

Which holocaust are you referring to? The Armenian one? The Rwandan one? The Cambodian one? East Timor? The Jewish holocaust? NSSM 200? Or the largest holocaust in the history of humanity and the most successful? That of the native Americans?

Thatcher is not responsible for all of these. However... she was clearly supportive of the policies that have lead the way towards NSSM 200. She sold weapons to dudes she knew wanted to use them for murder of children, woman and men. On more than one opportunity. In fact whenever she got an opportunity. If you are standing in a room with a little girl, a guy and yourself, and you have a gun, and the other guy says, hey can you give me the gun so I can shoot this girl... then I reckon you are as guilty of murder if you give it to him. Do you honestly disagree?

Also the Washington Consensus... can you even conceptualise how many people across the world have died, because of these policies (which were malicious)? Thatcher wanted this - enough have died from these policies to have it spoken about in terms of any holocaust. Have you any idea how forcefully the neoliberal policies advocated by Thatcher (and others) have ripped South America and Africa to shreds? Based upon some weaponised theory that free markets and free trade will make you rich? Can you name me one country which has got rich through fair trade? 

Do you know what Thatcher did? She put people into debt and created an economy based around debt. Do you know what debt is? It is basically slavery, except unlike the more traditional conception of slavery people don't have a clue they are enslaved. It means longer working hours, more stressful jobs just to be able to afford the right to have food and survive so that you can work some more. Can you explain how this isn't slavery? And yeah okay it wasn't just her. but she is the symbol of this... and however you put it I consider that a crime against humanity.

Ok its not just Thatcher... I would speak also of Obama (any US politician since Carter), Blair (any UK politician since Heath). Did you know that in the early 1990's the definition of genocide was changed... so that the activities of Western countries could no longer be defined as genocide (oddly the same has happened with the term terrorism about two times since).

Did you know that the same people that funded Thatcher financially and back both the Labour and the Conservative government are the same people who financed Hitler and the West in World War II?

I don't mean to be rude but its like the version of history you quote is taken directly out of an Usbourne history book. And I estimate that AT BEST  70% of history as 'commonly accepted' in the media and educational establishments is bull.

• Like 3

2000 guests at the funeral , no doubt were footing the bill . I find this all rather sickening in the current climate .

It should be like an Irish funeral everyone having a few beers and a laugh. John Major will be pissed, copping off with Edwina behind the bar. Mark Thatcher will be in charge of the cars so she will no doubt be cremated in Norwich as he will get lost. Carol Thatcher will be selling novelty golliwogs as souvenirs. George W Bush will be there, falling off the wagon again and trying to invade Tie Rack. 

Now people are comparing Thatcher's premiership to the Holocaust? Jesus **** Christ.

Which holocaust are you referring to? The Armenian one? The Rwandan one? The Cambodian one? East Timor? The Jewish holocaust? NSSM 200? Or the largest holocaust in the history of humanity and the most successful? That of the native Americans?

Thatcher is not responsible for all of these. However... she was clearly supportive of the policies that have lead the way towards NSSM 200. She sold weapons to dudes she knew wanted to use them for murder of children, woman and men. On more than one opportunity. In fact whenever she got an opportunity. If you are standing in a room with a little girl, a guy and yourself, and you have a gun, and the other guy says, hey can you give me the gun so I can shoot this girl... then I reckon you are as guilty of murder if you give it to him. Do you honestly disagree?

Also the Washington Consensus... can you even conceptualise how many people across the world have died, because of these policies (which were malicious)? Thatcher wanted this - enough have died from these policies to have it spoken about in terms of any holocaust. Have you any idea how forcefully the neoliberal policies advocated by Thatcher (and others) have ripped South America and Africa to shreds? Based upon some weaponised theory that free markets and free trade will make you rich? Can you name me one country which has got rich through fair trade? 

Do you know what Thatcher did? She put people into debt and created an economy based around debt. Do you know what debt is? It is basically slavery, except unlike the more traditional conception of slavery people don't have a clue they are enslaved. It means longer working hours, more stressful jobs just to be able to afford the right to have food and survive so that you can work some more. Can you explain how this isn't slavery? And yeah okay it wasn't just her. but she is the symbol of this... and however you put it I consider that a crime against humanity.

Ok its not just Thatcher... I would speak also of Obama (any US politician since Carter), Blair (any UK politician since Heath). Did you know that in the early 1990's the definition of genocide was changed... so that the activities of Western countries could no longer be defined as genocide (oddly the same has happened with the term terrorism about two times since).

Did you know that the same people that funded Thatcher financially and back both the Labour and the Conservative government are the same people who financed Hitler and the West in World War II?

I don't mean to be rude but its like the version of history you quote is taken directly out of an Usbourne history book. And I estimate that AT BEST  70% of history as 'commonly accepted' in the media and educational establishments is bull.

Great now we're going into tin-foil conspiracy territory. I give it 2 pages before chemtrails, black helicopters, HAARP, UN death camps and the Illuminati are mentioned.

Edited by Mantis

Thatcher is not responsible for all of these....

Great now we're going into tin-foil conspiracy territory.

I think it skipped tin-foil, flew past fahrenheit 911 and went balls out straight into bat shit crazy. Still it's nice to know Thatcher wasn't a genocidal maniac and wasn't writing policy for the US national security council before she was our PM, or is Eddy saying she was... er, nurse!

Â