Bioshock Infinite

The_Rev

if i've never played any Bioshock games, should i start at the first one or go straight to this one?

will i find the first one just too old now, or because of the story does it really need to be played?

The first one is fantastic. Play it. 

Edited by The_Rev

if i've never played any Bioshock games, should i start at the first one or go straight to this one?

will i find the first one just too old now, or because of the story does it really need to be played?

I'd have said play the first one and not bother with two or three.

I'd have said play the first one and not bother with two or three.

I'd say play the first - it was a little bit of a revelation when released and very admirable.

If you like it, skip 2, and give Infinite a go. Infinite is pretty much an evolution of that first game and has a decent story that rewards players that know the first game.

If you find the first tedious, which is quite possible (the gunfights get dull through all of these games imo - bullet sponge enemies), finish that and probably leave Infinite alone, at least for a while.

• 2 months later...

Review I read of it made it sound totally ordinary gameplay wise. Then again, was it no Bioshock Inifinite that had rumours of DLC being completely devoid of combat? Manybe it wouldve been better without it?

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon are doing a Bioshock triple pack for under a tenner, tempted as I've never really played them.

I did start the first one but didnt realise you lose your ammo when you get respawned, hadnt saved game so was trying to kill an enemy with knife or crowbar - couldnt do it and didnt really fancy starting the game from the beginning again so gave up. Been a few years so might try again now.

I really like the first one and Infinite.  I'll be getting the DLC when it is discounted which will probably happen quite soon given everybody is thinking about next gen these days. Glad I didn't buy the season pass at launch considering the length of time it has taken them to get something out though.

I picked it up again after the tedious series of ghost fights killed all good will I had toward it. It was OK until I got to what must be one of the final missions, when you're being attacked by all sorts and have to protect the ship, and you get to use the songbird to take out blimps etc.

I must have died like 60000000000000000 times at pretty much the exact same point, and had to restart it all over again each time. Infuriating.

I'll pick it up again and finish it some day.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished Bioshock Infinite. It was a decent game, good but nothing special until... (I won't spell it out).

Wow, that turned the whole game upside down (not literally) and made a decent game into a great game.

Still trying to get my head round it fully and understand the references that were thrown at us during the game that didnt really make sense at the time.

Â