The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The fans are a big problem with our club not just the owner/manager/players.

I think it's the lack of fans that is the problem. Even during our best period under Oneill, we never reached the kind of demand for tickets that the likes of Spurs & Liverpool enjoy. You only have to look at the pish attendances achieved by Small Heath to realise that Birmingham is not the best place for a football team to operate.

even during that period im sure our ticket prices was among lowest in the league

It has been proved in the past that the core support is 15k to 17k.

Perhaps some enterprising football would win the back more support.

how come we used to get 70k ??

That's going back to the period after WW2 when they expected the Villa to get back to former glories and were glad to get out of the army and enjoy themselves.

It has been proved in the past that the core support is 15k to 17k.

Perhaps some enterprising football would win the back more support.

how come we used to get 70k ??

Cus they had no telly in the old days!

They were limited by their ground size, but they had good followings. Preston were league runners-up in the late 50s and Burnley were a top-notch side for many years after WW2.

As the man said, TV and other things took over the nation's main attention by the early/mid 50s.

Lerner hasn't been a bad owner by any means.

He's been good at times, but mostly average, and is now rapidly declining towards the "bad" description in my opinion.

Mine too risso

Ellis was a shambles for me for many reasons but predominantly the way he ran the club affecting our on field performances and basically holding back our development as a club

Any owner that compares unfavourably to even Ellis's achievements in terms of on the pitch, cannot be described as a good owner in my eyes

He's been good at times, but mostly average, and is now rapidly declining towards the "bad" description in my opinion.

Mine too risso

Ellis was a shambles for me for many reasons but predominantly the way he ran the club affecting our on field performances and basically holding back our development as a club

Any owner that compares unfavourably to even Ellis's achievements in terms of on the pitch, cannot be described as a good owner in my eyes

Am I right in thinking bad owners = those who do not spend money they havent got Richard?

Am I right in thinking bad owners = those who do not spend money they havent got Richard?
If you want to think that it is up to you. Why should it matter if I think you are right or wrong.

Mine too risso

Seems to be the case. I wouldn't just single out Richard though - many seem to have this view that Randy's now a bad owner because he isn't spending as much as before.

I would sum Randy up by saying he's been a very good but naive owner. The only really bad thing he's done is appoint McLeish.

Â