Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You asked when things were worse and it was answered, after you asked someone to research the club they supported. That's all.

No I didn't.

I mentioned researching the club they support days ago in response to people moaning about fans sense of entitlement and expectations.

Ok so tell me how it was worse than the Mcleish year.

It's not just about the stuff that was going on on the pitch, but also what was going on off it.
There was me thinking fans turned up to watch what was happening on the pitch.
So you don't think the goings on off the pitch are also relevant to fans feelings of how the club is doing?

So what was going on off the pitch during the Mcleish year that made up for the facts:

1) Mcleish was manager

2) we won less games

3) we got less points

4) we scored less goals

This is really strange logic. I never said the 11/12 season wasn't worse. All I said was that coupled with the things going on off the pitch 05/06 was a worse time for ME PERSONALLY, just like to you 11/12 was worse. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you on this. Get over it.

Would anyone else agree that we dropped a clanger in not getting Barry in on loan in the summer

He was available and would have walked straight into our midfield bringing much needed experience and steel

I would prefer to use that midfield slot to allow a younger player to develop.  

Problem is our midfield often contains KEA who is not young and has no chance to develop, therefore having our experienced midfielder as somebody with a lot more quality would not only improve our team but also be more likely to help improve the likes of Westwood, Delph and Sylla.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

You asked when things were worse and it was answered, after you asked someone to research the club they supported. That's all.

No I didn't.

I mentioned researching the club they support days ago in response to people moaning about fans sense of entitlement and expectations.

Yes, 'days ago' you asked people to research the club. Today you asked when things were worse. Therefore you asked today's question (chronologically) after you asked people to research the club. That's all that was being said. Surely you can admit the irony in matching up your advise to others with you not taking the same :)

Ok so tell me how it was worse than the Mcleish year.

It's not just about the stuff that was going on on the pitch, but also what was going on off it.
There was me thinking fans turned up to watch what was happening on the pitch.
So you don't think the goings on off the pitch are also relevant to fans feelings of how the club is doing?
So what was going on off the pitch during the Mcleish year that made up for the facts:

1) Mcleish was manager

2) we won less games

3) we got less points

4) we scored less goals

This is really strange logic. I never said the 11/12 season wasn't worse. All I said was that coupled with the things going on off the pitch 05/06 was a worse time for ME PERSONALLY, just like to you 11/12 was worse. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you on this. Get over it.

Well I find it strange that any fan could prefer a season where we lost more, got less points, scored less and had a manager like Mcleish in charge. I suspect had both seasons happened under the opposite owners this opinion would be different.

Well I find it strange that any fan could prefer a season where we lost more, got less points, scored less and had a manager like Mcleish in charge. I suspect had both seasons happened under the opposite owners this opinion would be different.

It's not just about the seaosn. You were talking about a time. While the 11/12 season was worse IMO the time around 05/06 was worse overall.

Edited by Mantis

No I didn't.

Yes, 'days ago' you asked people to research the club. Today you asked when things were worse. Therefore you asked today's question (chronologically) after you asked people to research the club. That's all that was being said. Surely you can admit the irony in matching up your advise to others with you not taking the same :)

I misread the context of the word after.

What advice should I have taken? I'm aware of the clubs history.

By asking the question of when things were worse than now, you can understand that it read to others as though you weren't aware of the club's history. If you were aware of the really bad times then why even ask? Hence Chris asking 'is this a joke'. Again, that's all that was said. You can't expect the reader to know about your arbitrary cut off dates if you don't include them in the question. If you'd said Premier League era then you wouldn't have had the 3rd division come up.

By asking the question of when things were worse than now, you can understand that it read to others as though you weren't aware of the club's history. If you were aware of the really bad times then why even ask? Hence Chris asking 'is this a joke'. Again, that's all that was said. You can't expect the reader to know about your arbitrary cut off dates if you don't include them in the question. If you'd said Premier League era then you wouldn't have had the 3rd division come up.

I asked mantis specifically when he'd experienced worse as I was nearly 100% sure he wasn't old enough to have experienced relegation, which I did explain to Chris.

It's not just about the seaosn. You were talking about a time. While the 11/12 season was worse IMO the time around 05/06 was worse overall.

Again I'm just curious as to why? During 05/06 it felt like we were going nowhere but down, what was different during 11/12?

I don't see what was happening off the pitch that made it better than 05/06. We had protests over the appointment of the manager, we were approaching games with defenders all over the pitch and Heskey as a winger and we had a specific Mcleish out day at villa park. The Bolton home game that season had an atmosphere I'd never experienced during the 05/06 year.

Again I'm just curious as to why? During 05/06 it felt like we were going nowhere but down, what was different during 11/12?

I don't see what was happening off the pitch that made it better than 05/06. We had protests over the appointment of the manager, we were approaching games with defenders all over the pitch and Heskey as a winger and we had a specific Mcleish out day at villa park. The Bolton home game that season had an atmosphere I'd never experienced during the 05/06 year.

Zatman covered it for me earlier.

Would anyone else agree that we dropped a clanger in not getting Barry in on loan in the summer

He was available and would have walked straight into our midfield bringing much needed experience and steel

I would prefer to use that midfield slot to allow a younger player to develop.  

Problem is our midfield often contains KEA who is not young and has no chance to develop, therefore having our experienced midfielder as somebody with a lot more quality would not only improve our team but also be more likely to help improve the likes of Westwood, Delph and Sylla.

I don't agree - obviously KEA is nowhere near the player Barry is, but firstly KEA is not a regular and so isn't permanently tying up a first team spot, secondly, I imagine he is costing a fraction of what Barry would cost and thirdly, if Barry did turn up there would be no point employing KEA and he would need to be loaned out or sold, probably at a loss. I also think that the influence you think Barry would have on Westwood, Delph and Sylla is over-rated

I heard that Everton are paying half of Barry's 80k a week (Citeh are footing the other half) - We don't need Barry to stay up and we wouldn't win anything with him around so therefore I'd rather bank the 2m in wages and put it towards a Kiyotake-type purchase in January or at the end of the season

Ah it would have. His targets were Kozak, Helenius & Bowery so by not buying Kozak, Helenius & Bowery he'd have saved up exactly enough money to go out and buy Kozak, Helenius & Bowery :P

• Like 1

Or we could have saved ourselves 6m by not purchasing Kozak, Helenius and Bowery.

We could have never signed anyone. We could have never made signings ever. This is old ground though isn't it, MoMo? Bowery and Helenius cost how much? Kozak has been here for how long? How were the results when he played? Etc. etc. etc. etc. 

I say for the millionth time, it is perfectly logical that not signing an attacking midfielder was down to the player (or players) we were after being over-priced by their club (or clubs). It is reasonable that Kozak was a target we agreed to buy, and we would also have agreed a deal with, say, Stuttgart for Kiyotake if Stuttgart hadn't priced him too high (because they didn't want to sell him and didn't have to sell him). Clubs don't have to sell. Stuttgart, for example, didn't want to sell. So we didn't get the elusive AM. Did you see those other clubs, Man Utd and Arsenal, struggling all summer to buy players? Or Tottenham not paying enough for Benteke? And so on and so on throughout the football world. Lambert clearly wants an AM. 

It's not as simple as you make out, and I am aware that you're a mature man, Mo, so I'm confused why you're consistently so simplistic with your reasoning.

• Like 2

Ah it would have. His targets were Kozak, Helenius & Bowery so by not buying Kozak, Helenius & Bowery he'd have saved up exactly enough money to go out and buy Kozak, Helenius & Bowery :P

Ha yeah, it would have netted a grand total of about 5.5million euro, nowhere near enough for Kiyotake. 

Ha yeah, it would have netted a grand total of about 5.5million euro, nowhere near enough for Kiyotake. 

So if that's all the money the club has we should not expect any new players in january then?