Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I also feel it necessary that despite the result on Saturday that the whole ground at some stage ring out a chant of "There's only one Paul Lambert" to let him and the team know we are behind them during this temporary tough stage we are going through at the minute.

And why do you think that hasn't happened yet?

What about those who ignore all the comments saying everything is "sweetness and light" (although I am not sure ANYONE is saying that), is the ignore button also a cop out for people who would rather hear it is all doom an gloom as well?

I'd say so, yes.

What's he done? premier League history is littered with one season wonders. What's so special about Lambert to make you think he's any different?

We've had the worst start to a season ever, by the way.

What's he done? are you being serious mate?

Oh yes the classic 'worst start to a season' stat. Shall we fold as a club now then?

But twisting peoples quotes and ignoring the main part of the discussion is?

I haven't twisted anyone's quotes. When i quote someone i use inverted commas to show what has actually been said and then i reply to that. I also haven't ignored any part of any discusion. We now have the 'ignore button' for that which i don't use. I have however asked one poster to stop replying to my posts and that is it.

So lets see who are the managers in this league and my assessment of who is better than Lambert or not , just my opinion hence why I said "I'd say" in my original post

Mancini = Debatable, has spent the GDP of a small country to win the league on goal difference and miss out on champions league again. I think given the money he has spent Lambert would have done better

Fergusson = Hate the guy but a better manager than Lambert

Benitez = No way wouldn't want him here awful overrated manager

Clarke = Similar but not better

Moyes = Maybe,

Wenger = Yes better

Alladyce = Not better, uglier

AVB = No not better

Jol = Similar not better

Laudrup = Not better

Rodgers = Not better

Pardhew = Not better

Hughton = Not better

Pullis = Not better

O'Neill = Better

Martinez = Not better

Mcdermott = Not Better

Adkins = Not better

Hughes = Not Better

So 3 maybe 4 better than him, in my opinion

Strangely, some of us down here actually believe that Hughton should be classed as better, just saying like. 5 games unbeaten now, 6 if you count cup, 4 clean sheets and a better League position.

Don't get me wrong, Lambert could be a top manager but his Achillies heel has always been defence, yes, I expect Villa to have no trouble in scoring but defence wise, in this league, I fear for your future.

But you still have to give him time to sort it.

Taken a team on a shoe string budget (if they even had that) through 2 successful promotions and into the premier league.

I am going to rephrase a quote here by the late great Cloughy based on the MON doing anything at Leicester etc.

"Anyone who can do anything in Norwich besides make mustard has to be a Genius!"

At this time I would rather have Lambert over Rafa Beneathus, or Martin Jol. Mancini is out the question but all 3 managers mentioned are unproven without working with heavy amounts of money being spent.

What's he done? are you being serious mate?

Oh yes the classic 'worst start to a season' stat. Shall we fold as a club now then?

Don't talk daft, no one talked of folding the club but you. Lambert and Lerner are overseeing the worst start in Villa's history and we're a relegation spot. That's the reality of the situation that you can't avoid even with your claret and blue blinkers on.

Don't talk daft, no one talked of folding the club but you. Lambert and Lerner are overseeing the worst start in Villa's history and we're a relegation spot. That's the reality of the situation that you can't avoid even with your claret and blue blinkers on.

Lighten up man I was being sarcastic!

No one is avoiding it either as I have been saying it over various threads a few times now.

Not currently a manager. Although have to say on the subject of that man, if the decision was taken to sack Lambert and replace with Redknobb I would seriously have to take a break from Villa until such time that he and Lerner were no longer at the club

I liked this post, unliked it and liked it again

Just so I could "like" it twice.

Lambert a better manager than O'Neill? Get a grip!

I'm not necessarily saying Lambert is better (although I don't think O'Neill is that much better if he is) just that if you were going to pick 3 of 4 of the top managers in the league then O'Neill would definitely not be in that group. If O'Neill is better than Lambert then so too are the majority of other Premier League managers.