Paul Lambert

Pilchard

HairyHands has been clocked, hasn't he? That's a shame.

Don't know what this means? Clocked????

I was just implying that I thought he may have been rumbled, but it appears I may have been wrong.

Sidwell shown he was a step above our current midfield the other day.  I actually think Beye would be more solid at right back defensively than what we have.

Sidwell is rubbish, as is Beye

We were shit on Sunday, but that doesnt make Sidwell or Beye any good

Sidwell is average but would still walk into our midfield which sums it up really.

In your opinion how many of Fulham’s players would walk straight into our team????

Kasami? Karagounis? Berbatov? Ruiz? Senderos? Taarabt? Parker?

Pl must be doing a great job to have us overachiving in 11th?

Just a point on loaning players.

Ask the West Brom and Everton fans would they rather not have those players in their team?

Personally i'd rather have a player like Walker in our team on loan rather than any of our present FBs.

Sidwell shown he was a step above our current midfield the other day.  I actually think Beye would be more solid at right back defensively than what we have.

Sidwell is rubbish, as is Beye

We were shit on Sunday, but that doesnt make Sidwell or Beye any good

Sidwell is average but would still walk into our midfield which sums it up really.

In your opinion how many of Fulham’s players would walk straight into our team????

Kasami? Karagounis? Berbatov? Ruiz? Senderos? Taarabt? Parker?

This is one i'm going to stay away from for obvious reasons. ;)

• Like 2

Ask the West Brom and Everton fans would they rather not have those players in their team?

Personally i'd rather have a player like Walker in our team on loan rather than any of our present FBs.

I wouldn't - Walker is no better at defending than Lowton.

I wouldn't - Walker is no better at defending than Lowton.

Neither are good defenders but Walker uses his pace to bail him out to good effect.

This time next week we could be three points off the drop-zone. I still think it is a bit early to declare whether we are overacheiving or not.

I don't remember having stats like this under Mon.

Last in the league in possession, last in total passes and last in successful passes.

In terms of loans I hate it. I think its ridiculous how much praise Everton get without acknowledging 3 of their better players don't belong to them.

I'm not jealous that Everton loaned those players in jealous they have the funds to pay those sort of wages.

• Like 1

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one as Lowton can't even get into our first team at the moment.

Just because he can't get into the team at present doesn't mean he isn't the best right back at the club. Walker is ok going forward but is no better at defending than Lowton.

I don't remember having stats like this under Mon.

Last in the league in possession, last in total passes and last in successful passes.

11th on points which is only stat that matters

That has nothing to do with the point about our football under Mon and now but thanks for that.

If £3m is what the club think will get us a creative mid to develop our style of play we might as well save the money and let some of our Next Gen kids get a crack at PL football

I'd love this to happen but I've closely followed a few of our loanees and they are struggling to make an impact at lower levels - they are nowhere near ready for PL

Yeah i haven't been following our loan players that closely, hasn't Grealish done pretty well?

I wonder what it is that makes our players struggle to take the early step into senior football when Southampton, Arsenal and other clubs do it on a regular basis?

Grealish has been at Notts County - he did really well at the start but has since been pretty average

Plenty of time yet for him, but he is a long long way away from the Premiership yet

scored a great goal saturday

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one as Lowton can't even get into our first team at the moment.

Just because he can't get into the team at present doesn't mean he isn't the best right back at the club. Walker is ok going forward but is no better at defending than Lowton.

Maybe but he has the pace which can get him out of trouble

Well, under MON we won more matches, scored more goals, were higher in the table, and had excellent players like Petrov, Barry, Milner, Young , Bouma, Laursen, and Mellberg.

We were also a lot more affluent in the transfer market. I am not disputing where we finished or how we did it. I am discussing the general style we played under MON, IMO it was not much better than now. We had some great memories under MON by the way.

But you no doubt have some subtle definition of "football" that is passing me by.

No. I just want Villa to win matches. And hopefully we can improve our style in due course.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

who cares about MON. their is a separate thread for that cowardly cretin. this is the Lambert thread i believe

And comparing Lambert's and MON's football is relevant to this thread is it not?

who cares about MON. their is a separate thread for that cowardly cretin. this is the Lambert thread i believe

And comparing Lambert's and MON's football is relevant to this thread is it not?

no because they cant be compared due to the budgets and squads they inherited. different scenarios completely. MON budget for both  summer of 08 and 09 is more than Lambert has in his 2 seasons

Edited by Zatman

This time next week we could be three points off the drop-zone. I still think it is a bit early to declare whether we are overacheiving or not.

No we couldn't. The worst we could be is four points above the relegation zone and the lowest we can drop is to 14th.

no because they cant be compared due to the budgets and squads they inherited. different scenarios completely. MON budget for both  summer of 08 and 09 is more than Lambert has in his 2 seasons

That wasn't the point though. The basic statement that our football under MON rings true. Obviously, that could be down to the increased budget back then but it doesn't change the validity of the original statement.

Manchester United last season played better football then a team like Everton for example. That is factual regardless of the difference in spending power of them both.