Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Isn't it from some cringe-worthy Norwich video?

I really need to see this.

It is indeed. It's so bad that I feel dirty posting it, but here you are:
Let's be fair to Norwich. In 2011-12 they were like that high school guy who just lost his virginity, is on top of the world and doesn't care about people making fun of him, so he does whatever he wants and wears whatever he wants.

Back back promotions, a manager they worshipped who had them playing very entertaining high scoring football, they were about to return to the prem, etc.

It's good they had made the most of those days, because the reality of putrid Chris Hughton football set in a year later.

Also, thanks for posting the video.

Edited by Rovers13

will you guys just shut up about petty crap who cares if he changed his opinion on something from a year ago? He admitted he now thinks he was wrong, gave his reasons which are valid that's the end of it. Talk about football....

In regards to this Ulver guy when fans disagree on stuff its usually not the completely diametric opposite views I have to say its taken me 3 visits over the last day or so to this thread to make it through the last I don't know 6 or 8 pages because I simply haven't been able to stomach another Villa supporters views like his. I don't want to argue about it in detail others will do it for me with the exact same points as I would.

That's all I wanted to say

• Like 3

Talking of football. If we win today it gives us 22 points which is over half the 41 from last season in only 15 games.

Somebody posted something similar prior to Sunderland last week & look what happened there. Given we have only had back to back wins 3 times under Lambert, I am going to hold you entirely responsible if we don't get 3 points today.

Talking of football. If we win today it gives us 22 points which is over half the 41 from last season in only 15 games.

Somebody posted something similar prior to Sunderland last week & look what happened there. Given we have only had back to back wins 3 times under Lambert, I am going to hold you entirely responsible if we don't get 3 points today.

Eek!

• Like 1

Nope you said 'previous post' not posts and you have made veiled personal attacks on posters in the past on site.

See:

Yet you make vailed personal attacks on others when it suits.

Like?

Where have I made these supposed veiled personal attacks on posters?

Look, is this going anywhere? We seem to be going round in circles - you state that I've made "veiled personal attacks" and been hypocritical, I ask for examples, the question is dodged and the process repeats itself. I'd rather get back to talking about Paul Lambert than have people attack me for things I haven't done. All I said in the beginning was that I think there needs to be patience with regards to the playing style. We're doing reasonably well results wise and we should wait and see what happens from here.

With all due respect Mantis you have attacked posters in the past especially when that particular poster has been rounded on by other posters and you have also continually been hypocritical the most recent example of that being when BJ10 engaged you on that subject a page or two back in this thread.

Simply denying it won't stop you being engaged on the subject when you continually repeat it and no I don't intend trawling back through threads to quote examples which previously you've already denied as it's a waste of energy.

With all due respect Mantis you have attacked posters in the past especially when that particular poster has been rounded on by other posters and you have also continually been hypocritical the most recent example of that being when BJ10 engaged you on that subject a page or two back in this thread.

Simply denying it won't stop you being engaged on the subject when you continually repeat it and no I don't intend trawling back through threads to quote examples which previously you've already denied as it's a waste of energy.

And could you give some examples where have I done this?

Go back and read my responses to BJ10. The situations are completely different. If we were doing badly results wise and I was telling people to be patient then yes that would be hypocritical but that's not the case. We're doing fairly well in the results department at the moment and it was our failure to do that which made me lose my patience with Lambert in January.

Of course I was wrong back in January and I've admitted this well over a dozen times - doesn't mean I was hypocritical though. What Lambert is being slated for by some people at the moment is completely different to what he was being slated for by people like me in the middle of last season.

Edited by Mantis

I'm afraid s6 the reason why I and others engage the said poster on the related topic is that we are just as sick of the points made as you are reading them especially since PMs haven't worked.

No-one is saying that he hasn't admitted to being wrong and it isn't the point. What is the point however that he berates other posters for doing the same thing and that is exactly the point and I'm going to leave it at that and concentrate on the game today which I'm very much looking forward to.

Edited by Morpheus

I won't cause a new argument of my own about the matter as it defeats the point, but all I'd recommend is to 'ignore' people. Private message them if needs be and if they don't reply, just leave it there. 

This is a forum for Villa fans, we're all here for the same reason and that is to discuss OUR football club. I don't have many, if any, friends that support Villa and this is probably the only place I can discuss OUR club with my fellow compatriots. 

Arguing over silly things not only defeats the purpose of threads but it also achieves nothing positive, if anything it only deters people from reading at all. Talk of "attacking" posters is daft, if somebody has actually verbally "attacked" a poster then that is even more ridiculous. 

Seriously, just drop it guys? There is nothing to be achieved by taking it any further or continuing the argument, draw a line and leave it there.

Time to go whoop some Fulham arse lads, to the match thread we must go!

Edited by samjp26

People need some patience IMO. It's a long term project.

So why was this not the case this time last year?

I don't know why you're asking this when we've already been through it so I'll just direct you to an earlier post:

What do I need to change my opinion on in order to grow? Please enlighten me.

And of course he can change his mind. Just a bit rich to tell people to have patience and look long term when he didn't last year.

Not really, considering at one point last year we looked like dead certs for relegation whereas now we're grinding out decent results and look like we'll finish in solid mid-table. It's not like we're doing just as badly as last season and I'm asking people to have patience then. If I was then your comparison would be valid.

I'm afraid s6 the reason why I and others engage the said poster on the related topic is that we are just as sick of the points made as you are reading them especially since PMs haven't worked.

No-one is saying that he hasn't admitted to being wrong and it isn't the point. What is the point however that he berates other posters for doing the same thing and that is exactly the point and I'm going to leave it at that and concentrate on the game today which I'm very much looking forward to.

As I've already explained that isn't the case.

Edited by Mantis

This is a forum for Villa fans, we're all here for the same reason and that is to discuss OUR football club.

Agreed. Unfortunately there are a small amount of posters who can't discuss the club and just have to complain about fans opinions if they're the slightest bit negative.

I don't normally go in the match thread but the west brom game was a perfect example of this.

Edited by Big_John_10

This is a forum for Villa fans, we're all here for the same reason and that is to discuss OUR football club.

Agreed. Unfortunately there are a small amount of posters who can't discuss the club and just have to complain about fans opinions if they're the slightest bit negative.

I don't normally go in the match thread but the west brom game was a perfect example of this.

Like how people were having a go at Lambert for not starting Benteke, Gabby and Delph despite the fact that they'd just come back from injury and couldn't manage a full game?

I find it funny how every time somebody responds to criticism it just gets branded as "complaining".

Edited by Mantis

I find it funny how every time somebody responds to criticism it just gets branded as "complaining".

And of course this is something you wouldn't do Mantis.  :crylaugh:  

Like how people were having a go at Lambert for not starting Benteke, Gabby and Delph despite the fact that they'd just come back from injury and couldn't manage a full game?

Haha I think you're confused. That's an opinion about the club. The whole point of this forum.

So over the top negativity is okay, yet confronting people about the aforementioned negativity isn't?

What does confrontation achieve on a forum where we're all here to discuss the same topic? 

Better yet, what does confrontation achieve in correlation to somebody's views? People are entitled to their views, people are entitled to discuss other people's views with them, but confronting somebody over their views is silly.

I'm out of here, leave you to it guys but somebody had to try and be the mediator :)