Golf Clubs in West Midland

WilcoYHF

Hi All,I'm moving to Birmingham from Dublin in the next month. Can anyone recommend some golf clubs in the west midlands to me. I'd say price is the biggest factor I wouldn't be too keen on paying more than £700 for membership. Also if anyone knows of any clubs that have fees for under 30's that would be great.Thanks,

There are lots of options for you but as I said in the other thread some more info would be useful about where you will be working before I could recommend (I have played about 90% of the courses in the West Mids over the years)

If you prefer not to say too much about your personal circumstances on the thread feel free to PM.

Copt Heath - ok if you are 70+

Shirley - snooty

Lickey Hills - municipal but nice and challenging £12 per round

Belfry - over rated

Forest of Arden - Arden course lovely back 9, not cheap

Little Aston - exclusive expensive

Edgbaston - historic elegance

Stonebridge - affordable not bad

Barston - as above

Olton - ok

Robin Hood - ok

DON'T go to Purley Chase over by Nuneaton. The place is still operational but looks like wasteground. Grass on the fairway is close to a foot long...

I'll probably get an apartment in the city centre and I'll be working throughout the greater Birmingham area. Anywhere within a radius of 30 miles/30 mins drive would be fine. Cost is the main priority.

30 mins out of the city centre is probably about 2 miles on a bad day!

Edgbaston is very nice and close to city centre. Don't know about fees though I would think not too cheap. Ask Johnny Giles he is a member there!

Moseley is also a nice course, again not too far out of city centre.

A bit further south you have gay hill, kings norton, ladbrook park. All lovely courses, gay hill used to have good social too.

I could go on as there are lots of options but if I were you I would pay and play quite a few to begin with then go for your own preference.

Forest of Arden was always lovely back on he day but its years since I've played golf up in the midlands. Always hated the belfry but that's probably because I always played so badly there (and I'm guessing it doesn't meet you "affordable" criteria anyway).

Forest of Arden is still a great day out (Arden Course)

Belfry over rated, surly staff and grubby changing rooms for the money you pay

Gay Hill is a good shout for about £24 / round

Â