U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Here's a commemoration of 21 innocent people killed by Christian extremists in Birmingham -

JS51407343.jpg

I can't find anything commemorating the victims of Muslim extremism in our home city.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this commemorating?

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm not stupid enough to think everyone is worshipping the ground trump walks on, even his so called supporters. 

Then why make the comment that this is about liberals v Trump?

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Yep. Catholic extremists.

From us invading another ones land again. So your singling one city out just to prove a point. Let's hope we never see a memorial in Birmingham referring to an attack by Islamic extremists(sorry Hilary, I meant extremists)

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Here's a commemoration of 21 innocent people killed by Christian extremists in Birmingham -

JS51407343.jpg

I can't find anything commemorating the victims of Muslim extremism in our home city.

The victims of the Birmingham pub bombings were killed because they were British, nothing whatsoever to do with religion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

From us invading another ones land again. So your singling one city out just to prove a point. Let's hope we never see a memorial in Birmingham referring to an attack by Islamic extremists(sorry Hilary, I meant extremists)

Hillary is gone mate, let it go.

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

The victims of the Birmingham pub bombings were killed because they were British, nothing whatsoever to do with religion. 

I don't think 9/11 was specifically targeted at Christians.

The pub bombings were carried out by a group who identified themselves as Catholics fighting against loyalist Protestants.

Christian extremists in the US deny a woman's right to have an abortion, oppose same sex relationships and try to push their personal values on others.

Mainstream Muslim states hang homosexuals, stone adulterers to death, discriminate against women generally (up to and including legally making them the property of a male relative or partner), chop of heads for apostasy, execute people for blasphemy and that's before we get to those who are actually described as Islamic extremists.

Meanwhile in the wider population of some major Muslim countries like Nigeria and Pakistan, lynch mobs take to the streets and murder dozens of Christian's in cold blood, because some paper in Denmark published a cartoon they find offensive. 

As Coda said Christianity pre the Reformation was every bit as horrible, but that was 500 years ago. To claim there is even a remote equivalence now, today, between the actions of what would be defined as Muslim and Christian extremists is morally and intellectually risible. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I don't think 9/11 was specifically targeted at Christians.

The pub bombings were carried out by a group who identified themselves as Catholics fighting against loyalist Protestants.

You're right, 9/11 was targeted at Americans and non-believers generally. Any Muslims killed in the attacks would go to heaven as martyrs and were therefore not of concern.

The IRA identified as Irish Republicans, fighting the British state and their Loyalist proxies. Muslim extremists fight for Allah alone against all comers, not for a country or other such secular creations.  

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Muslim extremists fight for Allah alone against all comers, not for a country or other such secular creations.  

Straying off topic a little, but I wonder if this is genuinely true the further up you go. Do the guys running the caliphate really think their minions are going to heaven and getting 72 virgins, or do they just care about their own power and think "these **** idiots will believe anything".

• Like 2

Â