Raheem Sterling

sir_gary_cahill

How good can this guy be? One of Liverpool's best players and made his England debut at 17, he has today signed a new 5 year contract, he's a player that I have been aware of for a few years now after he made his England u16 debut at 14. I think this player could become one of the all time greats

'All time greats' LOL.

Honestly although he has undoubted talent for his age I believe he's overrated. Messi was making much more of an impact at Sterlings age. So were some of the other 'all time greats' like Maradona and Cruyff.

This country really isn't capable of creating an 'all time great' to be honest, at least not in the last 50 years.

not sure that them giving him the big payday they did will help him too much tbh

shouldve offered him half of that money with the option for more after he hits certain milestones. he's only played something like 20 games for them and already earns more than most of our squad!

As soon as I saw this thread title and who it was posted by, I knew I was in for an amusing read.

The kid has ability, yes. He has alot of potential.

Neither his ability or potential has become any more or less by signing a 5 year deal today.. He's still the same Raheem Sterling that has looked 'okay' for the most part this season.

He is showing potential but so did many other young players when they first burst onto the scene. You don't need to look far, in fact there are plenty of Villa players that fall into this category, that faded away after a bright start. The real test for Sterling will come when defenders know what to expect from him.