Playstation 4

hogso

Uncharted 4 confirmed, Destiny beta is on PS3 and PS4 before Xbox, and there's a special MGS1 version of Snake available in an exclusive mission for Ground Zeroes on PS4. I think that's the main stuff from the launch event in the US?

Uncharted 4 had a new voiceover on the trailer, and no mention of Nate - some speculation this means that he won't be in it, I think he will, but perhaps not as a lead. The MSG1 Snake in Ground Zeroes thing seems to have been left purposefully ambiguous, no indication if that's just a mission in the game that looks a bit retro, a remade section from MGS1, something from that 'timeline'...or just a novelty.

The devs will have had this hardware for months and months now. It'll take more than a couple of months after launch for them to really unleash the potential of the console, and that's just how Sony like it. Staggered improvements over a good few years to increase the console's life expectancy. It's just good business.

Some of the top studios may very well hold off on launch titles though. I know this from the other end of the spectrum as the studio I used to work for always ended up doing launch titles ;)

The reported failure is around 0.2% so far. I'd probably expect it around 3-5% to be honest.

Classic terrible journalism as usual. A Failure rate of only 0.2% for a massive hardware launch like this is something to be very very proud of not someting that should be sensationalised in the media. Japanese manufacturing control at its best.

Edited by villa89

the way the industry is focused on the blockbuster release pattern is really showing now.

Imo this is a great time for gaming, based purely on the quality and availability of indies around right now

Oh absolutely and it's great that the PS4 looks like it will open up consoles for the indies. The best times I've had playing games recently have been playing stuff like Hotline Miami, Papers Please, Guacamele, Superhot, Gunpoint etc. It would just be nice to see some of this creativity get a budget to play with, as the higher you go up the food chain the more stagnant it becomes.

Also when it comes to the big new releases I think there needs to be more of a focus on harnessing that power to improve AI and SFX instead of it just being graphics graphics graphics. For example you give me a Fifa that has put some work into simulating the feel and sound of a real crowd instead of adding another million pixels to bootlaces and it'll likely grab my attention.

Edited by flamingsombrero

I think I'll wait a few years before getting one.

Probably quite sensible, you wont see them utilised to their full potential for a few years you would think although they will still be quite good from launch.

Edited by Cliffy Biro

Yeah, it`s just basically streaming games via wi-fi. The vita only acts as a screen. Either way, you should never buy the vita version. It`s actually the fifa 12 version with updated rosters, they did the same thing last year. Basically that old saying where people say just change the number is so true in this case, because it really is. Well except for the kits I guess......

A lot better to be honest. It is prettier but the new animations and more importantly, the AI only being half retard instead of full retard goes a long way. Your players also don't feel like they're stuck underwater as much.

Â