Big Phil back in charge of Brazil

Zatman

Woy was over there recently planning England's early exit (should they qualify) and he met big Phil.

Argentina are my bet with Messi to confirm his greatness on the biggest stage.

Reading the Tim Vickery report on the bbc is pretty insightful on this matter. He explains how the brazilian fa have appointed a new president, who is very old fashioned (more of a dictatorship regime). This president didn't appoint menezes (the old manager) and therefore felt his position was undermined and wanted "his" man in charge..

Home advantage aside, I don't think Brazil are looking that good anyway.

I've been tipping Argentina for every tournament since 2006 lol so I may as well keep up that trend. I think the stage is primed for Messi to 'do his thing'.

Spain have a decent chance but it could well be the case that some of their stars will be shop-worn and past it, like France in 2002, unless they make some big decisions.

what happened to the whole menezes project though?

i thought the plan was that it didnt matter how bad he did for a couple of years (including the CA) as long as he could blood the new superstars and get rid of the old, which from what ive seen he was doing

Tough project, I don't think Brazil really have a wealth of world class talent coming through, at least not if you compare the current talent pool to previous ones. Neymar is the obvious stand out talent, the likes of Ganso and Oscar still have some way to go.

i dunno

leandro damiao, lucas moura, alex sandro, danilo, sandro, oscar, romulo, wellington nem, dede, ganso, neymar

all look at least half decent, on paper IMO they should still piss the world cup, however if MM has been sacked for big phil and he starts dropping say wellington nem (who is starring for fluminese) and playing kaka (who hardly plays for madrid) what does that say for brazilian football?

massive risk

he's of the players that should be peaking at the 2014 WC rather than one of those than menzes was supposed to be bringing through though so i left him out

i think other than again being weak in goal brazil should have a great squad, unless Phil reverts back to playing the huge names of europe rather than bedding in the youngsters who play at home

i dunno

leandro damiao, lucas moura, alex sandro, danilo, sandro, oscar, romulo, wellington nem, dede, ganso, neymar

all look at least half decent, on paper IMO they should still piss the world cup, however if MM has been sacked for big phil and he starts dropping say wellington nem (who is starring for fluminese) and playing kaka (who hardly plays for madrid) what does that say for brazilian football?

massive risk

I'm not sure they really compare to the likes of Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos etc.. remains to be seen how good these players become, Neymar aside.

Interesting why you think they should piss the world cup, I think there are much better teams out there, like Spain, Argentina and Germany. I guess it depends on how the home advantage factor works, can such a young team cope with that level of pressure? Also I'm not sure the older heads are all that good. I dunno, seems a bit early for a lot of the players you listed.

Â