Weekends football 24/25 November

andykeenan

Two problems for Newcastle.

Ba and Cisse way off form, infact Cisse looks a 4 month wonder.

Last season Ba had a great first half of th season and when he stopped scoring Cisse came in and took that mantle.

Their midfield has also been decimated by injuries/suspensions as Ben Arfa, Tiote and Cabaye all injured suspended.

They remind me of us in 10/11 when we had the heart ripped out of our team with all the midfield injuries.

Going to be a difficult season for them and they go to the Britannia on Wednesday so think that will be another loss as it's a good time for any team to play Newcastle.

from nufc-forum

I'm struggling to remember worse football at Newcastle United. We don't move, we don't use the wings and no one beats anyone. We can't cross, we can't defend and we just hit long balls all game every game.

Get the f**k out Pardew. I hated him when he came and I went along with everything last season. I even thought I could have been completely wrong. I still want to be completely wrong now.

Complete and utter dog s***. Worst football I have possibly ever seen at this club.

Ok I've had enough PARDEW OUT

It was only three years ago they got relegated. Typical fan overreaction.

Been following most of today's football via Twitter. It's amazing how much Chelsea bashing has been going on. I think it was very harsh on Di Matteo to get the sack, but does that mean Abramovich doesnt know what he is doing? In nine seasons in charge of the club he has won more than Chelsea managed in their previous 100. Four FA cups, three Premier League titles, two league cups and a Champions League. Ten trophies in nine seasons, winning all four major honours. We about as far now from Roman taking over as we were from Chelsea almost going bankrupt before he took over. In the early 1990s do you think any Chelsea fan would have believed you if you said they would be one of the dominant forces in European football for the best part of a decade?

Yes, Abramovich's methods might be expensive but you cant argue that they are not effective.

Maybe not to the same extent, but they loved Di Matteo. He was an incredibly popular player for them, he won the Champions League and it looked like they were going to become a very attractive side this season under him.

Chelsea replace him with a man that their fans like about as much as we like Robbie Savage. If he doesnt turn it round quickly then he will be hounded out. I would say it's a similar situation to what we had with McLeish last year, but the big difference is that Rafa is a fantastic manager with a great track record and Alex McLeish is shit.

**edit**

Just as a point of curiosity, does anybody know how much time Di Matteo has spent in Italy? He has Italian parents, but he was born and raised in Switzerland, and in the German speaking part of Switzerland too. He came through youth academies at Swiss clubs before he signed for Lazio and won his first Italian cap. He was only at Lazio for three years before he signed for Chelsea (1996) and I think he has lived in England ever since he signed for Chelsea. I presume he would be fluent in Italian, what with his parents and him living in Rome for a while, but he doesn't really speak with an Italian accent and it seems he has spent 39 of his 42 years elsewhere. How do they view him in Italy? Is he an Owen Hargreaves type figure?

Edited by The_Rev

Maybe not to the same extent, but they loved Di Matteo. He was an incredibly popular player for them, he won the Champions League and it looked like they were going to become a very attractive side this season under him.

Chelsea replace him with a man that their fans like about as much as we like Robbie Savage. If he doesnt turn it round quickly then he will be hounded out. I would say it's a similar situation to what we had with McLeish last year, but the big difference is that Rafa is a fantastic manager with a great track record and Alex McLeish is shit.

**edit**

Just as a point of curiosity, does anybody know how much time Di Matteo has spent in Italy? He has Italian parents, but he was born and raised in Switzerland, and in the German speaking part of Switzerland too. He came through youth academies at Swiss clubs before he signed for Lazio and won his first Italian cap. He was only at Lazio for three years before he signed for Chelsea (1996) and I think he has lived in England ever since he signed for Chelsea. I presume he would be fluent in Italian, what with his parents and him living in Rome for a while, but he doesn't really speak with an Italian accent and it seems he has spent 39 of his 42 years elsewhere. How do they view him in Italy? Is he an Owen Hargreaves type figure?

And his got a face like a paving slab.

And Pardew just got eight year extension, making it very expensive to fire him unless there's some clauses allowing Ashley to fire him. :D

Hmmmmmmmm doesn't the rumour to that pardew owes a few million in gambling debts to Mike Ashley gather a bit more pace now. Quick sacking, nice pay out, easy repayment = under the counter taking money out of the club. As I said before hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Â