Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Thinking about what we've got - the nearest we have to the type of midfielder we need is Gabby - he's quick, he's strong and he's got the power we're missing in the middle - if he could pass we could try him in there.

I wonder whether we'd be better either absolutely packing the midfield in a 3-6-1 or ignoring it and going with a 5-2-3.

Whichever, I have a feeling it might cost us today.

Delph is terrible.

Agreed - but I would still have him in the side instead of Westwwod who clearly isn't ready for the PL yet. or Bannan who I just don't think is good enough.

lets hope they ram those words down my throat

Very close to the line-up I suggested earlier in this thread. Whilst I like Weimann, if we're playing a front three then surely Holman would be better suited to playing in the wide position, or is it a 4-4-2 with Gabby and Bannan as our 'wingers'?

Agreed - but I would still have him in the side instead of Westwwod who clearly isn't ready for the PL yet. or Bannan who I just don't think is good enough.

lets hope they ram those words down my throat

Delph is the worst of the three for me, offers nothing besides dwelling on the ball and being caught in possession.

Atleast Bannan moves around a bit (even though he probably isn't good enough either) and i'd rather see what Westwood offers as opposed to knowing the shite performances we get from Delph who will never be the player people expect him to be.

Delph is the worst of the three for me, offers nothing besides dwelling on the ball and being caught in possession.

Atleast Bannan moves around a bit (even though he probably isn't good enough either) and i'd rather see what Westwood offers as opposed to knowing the shite performances we get from Delph who will never be the player people expect him to be.

Completely agree. I want Delph to do well after all his injury problems, but I can't see him ever being good enough.

Lol - not much of choice is it. !!

I do feel Delph is capable of putting in the odd tackle - there doesn't seen anyone on the pitch who can do that. Westwood from what I have seen still looks very nervous

Should be remember Nzog was injured in training before the last match and that was kept quiet till matchday.Think Bent just injured.

Either way he isn't playing and IMO is highly unlikley to be with us after the jan window.

I think we are just looking to outscore Sunderland which less focus on defence.

If i had to pick 2 midfielders with the 4 attacking players i'd probably not choose westwood n Bannan and put in Delph and Holman to add a bit of "steel" to the defensive side of things.

Seeing the line up im expecting goals!

UTV!!

our midfield makes me cry

every time i see our staring line up i feel sad

coz i know im gonna watch 90 mins of small boys getting **** by grown men

If we don't buy a midfield destroyer in January Lambert needs his head checked

i hope to God Gabby and Weimann are playing wide to provide crosses for Tekkers

but even if they are why Weimann? at least Albrighton is used to trying to get to the byline

i would have swapped Westwood for Delph and Weimann for Alby

1-0 defeat for me

We play KEA and Delph and we look more solid at the back but we dont create nothing and the middle is really weak and dont attack.

We put Bannan Westwood and Ireland in, who can all pass the ball and the two most creative players in our team and weve got no protection.

PL cant win, at the end of the day we need goals and chances to win games. We tried to hold out at Fulham and they scored and we didn't look like scoring all day, could easily happen again. Go for the win, then shut up shop later on if we have to. We will create with this team, no doubt about it. Cuellar and Oshea wont be able to deal with Gabby's pace or Benteke's power and then we have Weinmann to close them down all game long, and we can replace him with Holman later on.

Much better, attack attack attack! UTV.

i hope to God Gabby and Weimann are playing wide to provide crosses for Tekkers

but even if they are why Weimann? at least Albrighton is used to trying to get to the byline

i would have swapped Westwood for Delph and Weimann for Alby

Albrighton is a shocking footballer who never achieves anything. I would take anyone over him