• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Lichaj (for Baker 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 66)
    • Benteke (for Bent 75)

Today was shockingly poor. Anyone who thinks differently is in denial.

As bad a villa team as I can remember, worse than last year even.

I dont think the team is worse but the performance probably was. I dont mind if we go to places and lose 2-0 but give it a go, but when we have no entertainment at all, its just so annoying. I didn't even stay to clap the players and left straight away which I dont usually do at away games.

It was a pretty poor game all round today.. Nil nil would have been the fairest result in my opinion. Only solution I can see: sell Bent in January, buy something in midfield. Got to trust Lambert though.

why? What has he done to earn our trust?

It's still just October! The chances of us getting relegated are slim to none...if we're still struggling come January, Lerner will spend, and spend big if he has to.

we should have done that before the summer window shut and not on lower league players.

My worry has always been Lambert's gamble back firing and then not being able to attract the quality needed come January. The former has already started to come true.

I dont think the team is worse but the performance probably was. I dont mind if we go to places and lose 2-0 but give it a go, but when we have no entertainment at all, its just so annoying. I didn't even stay to clap the players and left straight away which I dont usually do at away games.

I would normally stay and clap them off but today no, we left on 89mins as it was clear we would not equalise.

Very angry after that shit today.

...a lot of Fulham fans in the stand to our left spent more time watching the away end than the game...

Also, did anyone see the fight between two Villa fans in P5? One bloke got knocked clean out, the person who threw the punch got arrested thankfully...

:detect:

The "Paul Lambert's claret and blue army" that lasted for a good ten minutes was class.

Also, did anyone see the fight between two Villa fans in P5? One bloke got knocked clean out, the person who threw the punch got arrested thankfully. Alarming the amount of fights and scuffles I've witnessed over the past season and a bit.

Support was bloody brilliant, the one highlight of the day for sure.

How bad was Benteke's miss?

There was a defender right in front of him so he needed to shape the shot around him into the corner. It all happened in a flash, he probably should have scored but it wasn't a glaring sitter.

Time and time again we were getting battered down their left side with Risse yet Lowton was continually tucked to far inside. Bennet wad also pretty useless.

We looked solid throughout and I thought Baker had a decent game until he wad injured.

Ireland had a decent game too until subbed.

Nzogbia was awful had numerous opportunities to get to the by line but chose to cut inside and clatter into Fulham players. He is so frustratingly poor. Holman done plenty of running around but had no ability at all.

Strikers were anonymous. Benteke put himself around but missed a sitter.... again!

We are not going to finish top 10 but I can't see us going down. There are worst teams than us thankfully

Apart from West Ham away, I have been to all the games so far and this one summed up the huge problem we have in midfield. They make absolutely nothing happen in the final third. However with the current options I cannot see how it can be changed. I cannot remember one incisive ball being played by the midfield. Ireland is massively over-rated and disappeared for large parts of the game. Holman is still full of energy, but not a great footballer IMO. Delph & KEA seem to be competing for who can pass the greater number of sideways or backwards short passes. N'Zogbia must be one of the most unispiring wingers we have ever had - when he came on he made no impact whatsoever!

The fans were brilliant but sadly we didn't seem to make any difference. Bent, Benteke and Gabby can score goals but only if they get some f****g service - that said I would be tempted to give Weimann another try - he had the energy to make something happen for himself.

Guzans kicking was poor. I actually hold him at fault a little for the goal too albeit it was Lichaj who lost his man.

NZogbia whilst shite did put it on a plate for Benteskey. KEA is a poor player for me and he's playing in arguably the most important position.

Â