Faye - Gazumped or New target ?

BOF

Did Villa fear being gazumped or are we looking elsewhere ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did Villa fear being gazumped or are we looking elsewhere ?

• Feared being beaten by Boro
    • Need the £2m to use on another player

the fact that ellis is highlighting boros interest in a feeble attempt to deny it, suggests to me that he is trying to save face now that we are a threpenny bit club and cant compete in the transfer market with other clubs like everton, boro, etc.....

how very very very depressing....

I think Ellis knows he can't compete with what Steve Gibson can offer financially and I think Malbranque is out of our price bracket to be honest.

IF it is a new target then maybe DOL has gone back to another tough 'busy' midfielder who he rates. Another frenchman? DACOURT Anyone?

The latter, its obvious that we dont really need Faye and DOL isnt exactly stupid - I think that DOl stopped this because of the emergence of Berson, and so the money there can be spent elsewhere.

could well be the latter and I agree with you lex, the list might have been handed over prior to the chelsea game and therefore DOL might have changed his mind since then and knows he needs to keep the cash for spending elsewhere

Hmmmm, he would have stopped it a lot sooner surely if it was the emergence of Berson

I hope the emergence of Berson contunues btw, I just can't see that being a reason to pull out of a transfer at the last minute

Nah.

He's spending his time putting together a diabolical plot. Something along the lines of using the press during the transfer window to make Ellis the scapegoat for what are - truly - his own failings as a manager.

Oz, you are being sarcastic aren't you?

Boy you see how bad this club has got, as people belive weve pulled out of a transfer because we might get embarrest.

I belive this to not be true. Well i hope so. I just belive we would just say we were not intrested if we were beaten.

It could be any number of things.

1) Berson. As Lex said he is beginning to show form, he may also have now made it clear to DOL that he definately wants to stay and fight for his place. It could well have been that we looked at Faye incase Berson decided to up sticks.

2) Only X amount is avaliable and DOL can now see it better spent elsewhere.

3) Another player has suddenly become avaliable that DOL didn't think would be and has now decided to switch targets

4) Ellis has told DOL there is more in the kitty than he thought so we are going for a better player ( yes I know this is highly unlikely)

5) Boro Gazumped us

6) Ellis doesn't really want to sign anyone

7) He failed a medical

8 ) Dol met him and didn't like his attitude.

Personally I am going for a combination of 1, 2 and 3

Â