Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Lexicon you are confusing capable with eligible.

No, I'm not. I looked at what he said as a clause ('capable of being called up by England') rather than just a word. I know exactly what he meant but I chose to interpret it in a different way, which is easy to do when you write a sentence like that.

That clause literally means 'he has the ability or skill to be called up by England'

So your original statement is still wrong.

It's not wrong because there are different ways what he said can be interpreted. There is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise, so you may as well just give up.
Just like Woodytom's opinion on Westwood, put your fingers in your ears and shout "la la la I'm right I'm right la la la"

That must have been when I say he was our 4th best player the other night and highlight some sublime passes he did.

This 'Woodytom only focuses on the negative to support his opinion' really is a massive myth - ironically created by posters who only focus on the negativity within my posts.

And maybe, just maybe we should stop using assists as a criteria to judge him. He does have it in his locker though

Gabby_2.gif

I think Westwood is a good player and has a good eye for a pass...I can see why some opinions are divided on him as too...what does he do....etc...but then if you look at the Norwich assist...is it more of a forward problem rather Westwood himself...it's not often you see our forwards making good runs like that one by gabby for him to play a pass????

• Like 1

No, I'm not. I looked at what he said as a clause ('capable of being called up by England') rather than just a word. I know exactly what he meant but I chose to interpret it in a different way, which is easy to do when you write a sentence like that.
That clause literally means 'he has the ability or skill to be called up by England'

It's not wrong because there are different ways what he said can be interpreted. There is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise, so you may as well just give up.
Just like Woodytom's opinion on Westwood, put your fingers in your ears and shout "la la la I'm right I'm right la la la"

That must have been when I say he was our 4th best player the other night and highlight some sublime passes he did.

This 'Woodytom only focuses on the negative to support his opinion' really is a massive myth - ironically created by posters who only focus on the negativity within my posts.

Woah.

4th best player.

High praise that.

And maybe, just maybe we should stop using assists as a criteria to judge him. He does have it in his locker though

Gabby_2.gif

I think Westwood is a good player and has a good eye for a pass...I can see why some opinions are divided on him as too...what does he do....etc...but then if you look at the Norwich assist...is it more of a forward problem rather Westwood himself...it's not often you see our forwards making good runs like that one by gabby for him to play a pass????

That is a cracking pass. But I agree it's all few and far between. I think there is something in the forwards not running but also the team as a whole is too predictable. They all have to think about what they're going to do after they've received it when it's too late. And westwood is no less guilty than the rest imo. We're a very very very easy team to play against.

• Like 1

Woah.

4th best player.

High praise that.

Thank you for highlighting my point impeccably.

It just makes me laugh that you consider calling him our 4th best player as praise.

Did I say that or did I use it as an example (along with highlightING some sublime passes) to show that my posts are not totally against westwood?

Again, I'd like to thank you for highlighting my point impeccably. It's almost like what you accuse me of having against westwood, is what you have against my posts.

Woah.

4th best player.

High praise that.

I didn't say you only focus on the negative though did I? I said that this:

"There is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise, so you may as well just give up."

was your attitude towards posts reasoning against your criticisms of Westwood.

It was also just a joke to steer the topic back from one tedious conversation to the correct tedious conversation.

Woah.

4th best player.

High praise that.

I didn't say you only focus on the negative though did I? I said that this:

"There is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise, so you may as well just give up."

was your attitude towards posts reasoning against your criticisms of Westwood.

It was also just a joke to steer the topic back from one tedious conversation to the correct tedious conversation.

Well that's equally as incorrect. I'm not saying you are but I'm not sure why people get so frustrated that I haven't yet changed my opinion of westwood. It's not that I'm not capable or willing to do so. On a number of occasions I've held my hands up on villa talk. Just not on this yet. But that's more to do with Ashley Westwood than people's ability to put their point across.

He starts playing consistently well and having an undoubted effect on the game. Il change my mind. It's as simple as that really.

It's not exactly a compliment though is it?

4th best player.

If I ran a restaurant and somebody told me mine was the 4th best in town then I wouldn't take it as praise.

If they told you it was the 4th best out of 13/14 in the town and you had some sublime dishes, would you take it as 100% negative?

It's not exactly a compliment though is it?

4th best player.

If I ran a restaurant and somebody told me mine was the 4th best in town then I wouldn't take it as praise.

If they told you it was the 4th best out of 13/14 in the town and you had some sublime dishes, would you take it as 100% negative?

I'm not saying it was 100% negative.

I'm saying it's not exactly a compliment.

Mocked for not offering enough praise when saying he's our 4th best player. No wonder stupid arguments break out on this thread.

Is that what's happened?

I just found it amusing that he used 'I said he was our 4th best player!!!' as an example of when he was complimented Westwood.

But yeah, mocked. sure.