Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Sanchez had a bad game against arsenal but he offers more to the team than Westwood.

Depends what it is you're trying to do for me.  If you're playing with a true defensive midfielder to break up play then, yes, Sanchez offers more.  If you're looking to play a flatter midfield 3 then Westwood offers more.  Personally, I'd play them both.

I don't really understand how our midfield is as bad as it is.  Delph, Westwood, Sanchez and Cleverley aren't world beaters by any stretch but surely they can produce... something?

Sanchez had a bad game against arsenal but he offers more to the team than Westwood.

Depends what it is you're trying to do for me.  If you're playing with a true defensive midfielder to break up play then, yes, Sanchez offers more.  If you're looking to play a flatter midfield 3 then Westwood offers more.  Personally, I'd play them both.

I don't really understand how our midfield is as bad as it is.  Delph, Westwood, Sanchez and Cleverley aren't world beaters by any stretch but surely they can produce... something?

But we haven't one single midfield player that will make runs into the box like David Platt. Thats what we need! We can tamper with the players but the end result will be more or less the same. 

I just can't understand how there's not a clamour for old westy to be at the centre of the England midfield as the natural replacement for Gerrard lampard and milner. Can someone explain it to me. But seriously read the Sanchez thread and this one, look at my comments and you'll know deep down I know what I'm talking about but you can't admit it.

I just can't understand how there's not a clamour for old westy to be at the centre of the England midfield as the natural replacement for Gerrard lampard and milner. Can someone explain it to me. But seriously read the Sanchez thread and this one, look at my comments and you'll know deep down I know what I'm talking about but you can't admit it.

I know deep down that you're talking out of your arse

• Like 2

Yeah alright mate, I'm sure that would be really cool to your mates but I called the fact that he'd revert back to Westwood and the first sign, he did it before he was even fully recovered from injury such is the importance he placed on our westy. You can't see it mate but that's not my problem I'm not happy it's panned out the way I thought as it's taking us to relegation buy I knew what he was going to do

Yeah alright mate, I'm sure that would be really cool to your mates but I called the fact that he'd revert back to Westwood and the first sign, he did it before he was even fully recovered from injury such is the importance he placed on our westy. You can't see it mate but that's not my problem I'm not happy it's panned out the way I thought as it's taking us to relegation buy I knew what he was going to do

But he didn't. He carried on playing Sanchez albeit with Westwood in the side.

Then he dropped Westwood altogether and had Sanchez still in the team.

Then a month after Westwood returned (first opportunity?), Sanchez was dropped for his awful performance against Arsenal. It's nothing to do with Westwood.

Get over yourself.

• Like 2

Mate its where Westwood plays that's the problem I didn't say he would drop him straight away, I said Westwood would come back Sanchez would have to do shuffle over and he's become less effective and then made a scapegoat. Sanchez NEEDS to be that central holding midfielder, screening the defence winning the ball and moving it on. He wins most headers he goes for, can read the game and put a tackle in, with high energy. Instead he's playing in a role when he's expected to create and it isn't his game. For some reason Lambert loves Westwood playing deep in the centre of the pitch and it just doesn't work. I said it all would happen and it has

That's where Sanchez has played ever since, except for that one cup game against bottom of the championship.

It's all in your head. None of that has happened. 

Seriously. Literally none of it.

Sanchez has played as the holding midfielder has he? Where westy been then? Pushing on??

When they've both played in the same team, Sanchez has always been the defensive midfielder.

Westwood has played deep too, because he is that kind of player. But Sanchez hasn't been moved because of it.

It happened once in the Blackpool game. And we assume that was because Westwood was coming back from injury. But Sanchez played well that game anyway which goes against your "prediction" that he'd be ineffective if moved.

There's a legitimate argument that Sanchez should be in the team now. But there's no conspiracy. He was dropped because he played crap vs Arsenal. It's nothign to do with trying to shoehorn Westwood into the team at his expense.

Ok but Sanchez stood out head and shoulders as the best player on the pitch twice in a row playing as the sole holding player. Was that an accident or might there be a good player there? How often have you sat there and said the same about westy, wow he's having a blinder etc, I hardly notice him. Everyone was rather about Sanchez why change that for such an average player

Because Sanchez put in one of the worst performances I've seen in the past few seasons from anyone against Arsenal.

he deserved to be dropped for that, and my guess would be he's a bit tired as he played in the world cup and he's not used to a league where he doesn't get a break over christmas.

Sanchez is the better player. Even Lambert thinks that in my opinion. He dropped Westwood first after all. Lambert dropping him or resting him, whatever it may be, at the moment isn't proof otherwise.

There is no conspiracy.

Worst ever game? Really? We've been battling relegation for 3 years have endured mcleish and now Lambert. We've lost to Bradford Millwall sheff UTF and lost 8 0 to Chelsea but that game by Sanchez was a villa players worst ever performance and warranted him being dropped when the likes of Westwood gabby cleverly gave played consistently? Ok

Did you watch the Arsenal game?

He was absolutely dreadful. It was worse than any performance Westwood has ever put in for us.

Look, I like Sanchez, he's the better player of the two. It was a bad day at the office for him but it WAS extremely bad. Horrendous.

The irony is you're saying we all can't see this conspiracy. And the truth is you're so blinded by your own belief in this fictitious conspiracy that you're not actually seeing what' sin front of you.