Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

No way will we win at Wigan next week with them parading the cup in front of their fans and us without Benteke. I am a north london football fan for the next week

A draw will do Richard

No way will we win at Wigan next week with them parading the cup in front of their fans and us without Benteke. I am a north london football fan for the next week

A draw will do Richard
let me be clearer then. We will lose at Wigan next week

A draw will do Richard
let me be clearer then. We will lose at Wigan next week

You are wrong in my opinion. They will be down by the time they play us with f*ck all to play for. They will have spent 4 days drowning their sorrows in between toasting their cup win. We will beat them in front of over 5k Villa fans as they will give us the extra allocation they have kept back due to there being nothing on the game. The win will see us finish 12th.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have been browsing for years. When worried about Villa going down, I did a terrible thing and bet against my team. Got 110-1 at William Hill and stuck 30 quid on. If the worst happens, I'm taking my girlfriend to the Caribbean with the 3300 return.

However, to think I'd win that kind of money is insane - I never win anything. So basically, that's how I know we won't go down.

By the way, just told girlfriend about the bet and as a non-footy fan I think that she might buy a wigan shirt! She said she'd rather Villa stay up 'for me' but I don't think I'd blame her!

• Like 2

When it comes to betting against your own team, you have to look at it like this. Football is a business. That how the owners treat it, it's how the players treat it, it's how the agents treat it, it's how the sponsors treat it. It's all about making money. Why should we, the fans, the ones paying for the whole charade, miss out on this business?

I'd be distraught if we went down, but if I'd made an insurance bet, I'd be financially better off. If I hadn't a pot to piss in, Villa being in the Premier League wouldn't help pay my bills...

I love Villa, always have, always will, but I'm putting a lot into them, the club wants to take as much money as it can from each fan...we have to get our money somewhere...it's business

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have been browsing for years. When worried about Villa going down, I did a terrible thing and bet against my team. Got 110-1 at William Hill and stuck 30 quid on. If the worst happens, I'm taking my girlfriend to the Caribbean with the 3300 return.

However, to think I'd win that kind of money is insane - I never win anything. So basically, that's how I know we won't go down.

By the way, just told girlfriend about the bet and as a non-footy fan I think that she might buy a wigan shirt! She said she'd rather Villa stay up 'for me' but I don't think I'd blame her!

Good luck with that!  :ph34r:

You don't have anything to be ashamed of.

Maaaaan I'm starting to think wrong ! What if Spurs found themselves outside the champions league spot .. and throw Sunderland result to get Benteke from us easier ?!!!

I really really hope that Arsenal wins this Tuesday .. Looking at it everytime makes me more nervous !!

Maaaaan I'm starting to think wrong ! What if Spurs found themselves outside the champions league spot .. and throw Sunderland result to get Benteke from us easier ?!!!

I really really hope that Arsenal wins this Tuesday .. Looking at it everytime makes me more nervous !!

Haha come on mate seriously even if arsenal lost to Wigan spurs ain't gonna throw nothing they would need to win incase arsenal beat Newcastle. Their not gonna throw a game for the sake of buying benteke off us. Hasn't Gareth bale said he'd leave if they failed to get champions league? They will be going tooth and nail at this

Fair play to those who are willing to make a few quid out of any potential misfortune. Personally I have never done it and never would as the levels of money I could potentially win would not soften the blow.

However I am more than happy to try and make a few quid doing the opposite. With that in mind my offer of last night still stands. The best odds you can get on a Wigan win at Arsenal are I believe still  9/1. I will give the first poster willing to take the bet 10/1 so long as they bet £100 and have over 1000 posts. I will donate the £100 to the foundation Petrov is setting up.

Edited by markavfc40

Fair play to those who are willing to make a few quid out of any potential misfortune. Personally I have never done it and never would as the levels of money I could potentially win would not soften the blow.

Same here in that it wouldn't soften the blow but wouldn't you rather have the money than not?

Mantis I just couldn't do it mate. I've followed us for over 30 years and never even considered betting against us. Its just not in my make up but that doesn't mean I have any problem what so ever with those who do. In fact fair play.

• Like 1

Haha come on mate seriously even if arsenal lost to Wigan spurs ain't gonna throw nothing they would need to win incase arsenal beat Newcastle. Their not gonna throw a game for the sake of buying benteke off us. Hasn't Gareth bale said he'd leave if they failed to get champions league? They will be going tooth and nail at this

Good then .. I forgot that .. Thanks mate .. ~_~

These thinking makes us all crazy !

Come on Arsenal please beat Wigan this Tuesday .. 

You don't have anything to be ashamed of.

Except if the girlfriend works in the Bodymoor Heath canteen and there's a mystery case of food poisoning next week...