The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Arsenal are a very good side

(somebody pls confirm )

Apparently Wigan are better (not my idea just the thoughts of some on here).

Nobody has said that. Stop dragging the debate that way. Lies.

Oh no, someone has called me a liar. What should I do?

Well, I could be pedantic and say I called the 'people thinking wigan are better' lies. But hey.

Or you could make your posts more clear in the first place but hey!

I'll draw a picture next time.

Please do, I like pictures.

2irt920.jpg

Love it!

You have even got the text right.

:D

• Like 1

Let's hope results go our way this weekend because I don't fancy us going to Wigan and getting anything now benteke is out

Yes because Benteke is the only decent player we have and Wigan are so bloody good.

Jesus!

Yeah we did so well without him today didn't we? Wigan just beat the champions do not sure why my point warrants cursing?!
Because:

1. Wigan are in the relegation zone and they are there because they are a poor team (note it's f**k all to do with the FA Cup)

2. Newcastle are below us because they are a poor team and they have just been spanked by 3 and 6 against Sunderland & Liverpool.

3. Sunderland are below us because they are a poor team and they have just been spanked by 6 against us and they have no Fletcher, Sissignon or Gardner for the remainder of the season.

4. Norwich are below us because they are a poor team and they have just been beaten on their own ground by us.

5. Southampton are below us because they are a poor team and they have just been spanked by 3 against Albion and their initial 'New Manager' impetus has worn off.

Please tell me why Villa, of all the clubs down in the bottom half of the table, should be shitting themselves!

If Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich all win then they all go above us son, so then if Wigan somehow beat arsenal then they will be fired up so come last day we are the ones with the pressure

Wow, I didn't realise that.

Thank you for enlightening me.

I had completely overlooked the possibility of every other team in the shit suddenly becoming good all of a sudden as if by some miraculous intervention from God above.

:-D

I do think Arsenal should win, but this season has been one big frickin shit-fest, nothing has made sense. So won't back anything. 

I'll panic till we are mathematically safe ;)

I do think Arsenal should win, but this season has been one big frickin shit-fest, nothing has made sense. So won't back anything. 

Draw will do.

So even if Arsenal are leading and then concede an equaliser in the last minute of the game it doesn't matter. We still survive.

I'd be more nervous if we needed Arsenal to win outright. Wigan's defence is very poor and they'll be tired from today so I think they'll concede a few come Tuesday night.

Draw will do.

So even if Arsenal are leading and then concede an equaliser in the last minute of the game it doesn't matter. We still survive.

I'd be more nervous if we needed Arsenal to win outright. Wigan's defence is very poor and they'll be tired from today so I think they'll concede a few come Tuesday night.

Can't argue with that, my worry just comes from the way this season has gone (for all clubs) it has been the strangest season.

Well i don't accept all the "we're safe" comments whatsoever.. If this team can lose a home game when being 1-0 up at half time & playing against 10 men then i have no confidence in them at all. So now Wigan go to Arsenal with their tails right up which will largely compensate for the tiredness... a winning team doesn't notice the tiredness remember & they didn't just win they won the FA Cup... so no it is most definitely not a forgone conclusion on Tuesday in fact it is perfectly poised for another sickening "Marvelous little Wigan" headline.

Can't believe we found a way to **** that up today we were 45 minutes from safety against 10 men. Unflippingbelievable

• Like 1

But Wigan beat West Brom away and went into their game against Swansea "with their tails up" and lost.

Also, let's not forget we were playing against Chelsea today and had 10 men ourselves for a period of the game. We've been pretty consistent over the last few months in that we beat the teams around us and lose against the top teams.

Well i don't accept all the "we're safe" comments whatsoever.. If this team can lose a home game when being 1-0 up at half time & playing against 10 men then i have no confidence in them at all. So now Wigan go to Arsenal with their tails right up which will largely compensate for the tiredness... a winning team doesn't notice the tiredness remember & they didn't just win they won the FA Cup... so no it is most definitely not a forgone conclusion on Tuesday in fact it is perfectly poised for another sickening "Marvelous little Wigan" headline.

Can't believe we found a way to **** that up today we were 45 minutes from safety against 10 men. Unflippingbelievable

You do know we had a man sent off too right? Our most important player?

If this team can lose a home game when being 1-0 up at half time & playing against 10 men then i have no confidence in them at all. 

This team can also beat Reading and QPR in a week when we absolutely had too and then thrash Sunderland in a 6 pointer then follow it up with a win away to Norwich where no-one wins, all under immense pressure.

We were all over Chelsea until out striker lost his head. I have plenty of confidence in them.

• Like 3

Sure but we still found a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory & now potentially could have a horrid last game without our best player.. Just hope to goodness it doesn't get that far. talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Really? This came like a shock to you today? You would figure that a lot of the stuff earlier in the season would have pissed you off more. I agree we deserved something from the game today but that is football. There have been so many more infuriating moments this season, this felt more "normal" if you ask me. Dunno, guess I just see it like that. 

Oh no it wasn't a shock whatsoever, far from it, just really frustrated as that's put us right back in the mix now.. even a flipping draw would've been OK. Just hope one of those teams currently below us but now all with games in hand follow our lead in "how to aim at your own feet"

Looks like the Wigan bogeymen is back

We're comfortably safe and I think we get all 3 at Wigan.

Our midfield and defense are superior to theirs and even a Benteke-less strike force would at least be on par with theirs

Maybe controversial, but I'd start Bowery over Bent versus Wigan

I cant believe how cocky some of you are. Yes its unlikely we go down buts its not impossible. You lot must be denial. Wigan will be boosted in confidence and have beaten a quality side playing for a cup. Arsenal are a young team and could easily choke under pressure. They could receive a red card early. Anything could happen.

The other sides have winnable games. Sunderlandare more likely to go down. I hope Southampton beat them. Not as safe as people think but were not down yet either.

• Like 1