Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

if Chelsea beat Spurs they are guaranteed 4th spot because of goal difference. Hope that works in our favour

But they'll still be battling Arsenal for third, so I doubt it will.

Yes maybe but I hope with all the games they have had to play and the Eufa cup final coming up they will not be quite at their best.

It's like I'm back in the 90's  :wub:

Sorry I meant the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup final :) 

if Chelsea beat Spurs they are guaranteed 4th spot because of goal difference. Hope that works in our favour

But they'll still be battling Arsenal for third, so I doubt it will.

Yes maybe but I hope with all the games they have had to play and the Eufa cup final coming up they will not be quite at their best.

It's like I'm back in the 90's  :wub:

Sorry I meant the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup final :) 

It's like we're all back in the 60's now, psychedelic or what? :P

Great result today. Now Chelsea to win against spurs and shift focus to the final!!!

Wouldn't it be great if FSW played all the under 19's from the Next Gen series & Lambo reciprocated by playing ours.

That would mean a 2-0 win & 2 spot kicks.

Please make it so!

Great result today. Now Chelsea to win against spurs and shift focus to the final!!!

Wouldn't it be great if FSW played all the under 19's from the Next Gen series & Lambo reciprocated by playing ours.

Please make it so!

FSW will want to win a trophy, so it would be natural to spare a few players -IF they beat Spurs!

I actually think our attacking form along with a pumped up Villa Park makes us favourites for the Chelsea game, but then I may be nuts

You should be sectioned under the mental health act 2007

Edited by CI
  • Like 2

I actually think our attacking form along with a pumped up Villa Park makes us favourites for the Chelsea game, but then I may be nuts

You should be sectioned under the mental health act 2007

He should be sectioned under the mental health act and yet you had to edit such a short post?! Ha ha!

• Like 1

It's a shame we didn't get all 3 points against Fulham, we'd be on 42 points and in 11th with barely a care in the world (although technically still not mathematically safe), and Fulham would be on 39.

Swansea are overdue for a win. Hope they get it Tuesday.

What scenario of results would put us down, I believe there is only 1 and the chances of all the results happening are small. Especially as lots of the teams down there still have to play eachother.

Please make it so!

FSW will want to win a trophy, so it would be natural to spare a few players -IF they beat Spurs!

I remember he put out a rediculous team against Fulham a few years back when Liverpool got to the Champions League final, Fulham won and stayed up.

What scenario of results would put us down, I believe there is only 1 and the chances of all the results happening are small. Especially as lots of the teams down there still have to play eachother.

Well not quite actually.. although if we won the Wigan game we are safe automatically. 

Otherwise every team involved has a winnable fixture & a tough, although on last day lottery day still possible to get points from game.

For me it is still way to close to call & what worries me is this:

Wigan v Swansea:

Swansea have Michu out & with Martinez being their former gaffer & with Swansea having nothing to play for i fear they will roll over to help him out as he must still have good friends there having in effect put them on the road to where they are today.

Home banker for me.

Sunderland v Stoke

Again i fear for this game as with us having badly beaten them last week they will surely be fired up against a poor Stoke side & will likely win.

Norwich v West Brom

This is the key game for me.. But you have to say WBA are not exactly desperate for points which could well make the difference.. Hopefully it relaxes them but gives Norwich the jitters & with their final game being away at Man City this could yet be the fixture which saves us.... Scary though.

QPR v Newcastle

Well need i really say anything? as much of an away win banker as you could get & almost a gift 3 points for the geordies against a side who can't wait for the season to end.

Villa v Chelsea

Win & we are safe but its a tough game as we all know & i worry about the psychological effect of the 8-0. Clearly looking at the other games though this is by far our best escape route.. Even a draw drastically improves our chances... Reminds me of the Spurs home game last season... except Chelsea are a better team.

We need a couple of those fixtures to go in our favour but you have to say all the teams we need to lose are surely favorites to win?

A real spanner is that Swansea game for Wigan.. I just can't see how they won't throw that game.

Well not quite actually.. although if we won the Wigan game we are safe automatically. 

Otherwise every team involved has a winnable fixture & a tough, although on last day lottery day still possible to get points from game.

For me it is still way to close to call & what worries me is this:

Wigan v Swansea:

Swansea have Michu out & with Martinez being their former gaffer & with Swansea having nothing to play for i fear they will roll over to help him out as he must still have good friends there having in effect put them on the road to where they are today.

Home banker for me.

Sunderland v Stoke

Again i fear for this game as with us having badly beaten them last week they will surely be fired up against a poor Stoke side & will likely win.

Norwich v West Brom

This is the key game for me.. But you have to say WBA are not exactly desperate for points which could well make the difference.. Hopefully it relaxes them but gives Norwich the jitters & with their final game being away at Man City this could yet be the fixture which saves us.... Scary though.

QPR v Newcastle

Well need i really say anything? as much of an away win banker as you could get & almost a gift 3 points for the geordies against a side who can't wait for the season to end.

Villa v Chelsea

Win & we are safe but its a tough game as we all know & i worry about the psychological effect of the 8-0. Clearly looking at the other games though this is by far our best escape route.. Even a draw drastically improves our chances... Reminds me of the Spurs home game last season... except Chelsea are a better team.

We need a couple of those fixtures to go in our favour but you have to say all the teams we need to lose are surely favorites to win?

A real spanner is that Swansea game for Wigan.. I just can't see how they won't throw that game.

I agree here DOTSM. The only possible spanner in that Swansea game is the F.A Cup final distraction that is only a few days after & hopefully the Wigan plays will be subconsciously affected by it.....................here's hoping.

Darn Wigan.....they really are a pain in the arse!

Wigan take 5 points more than us from Swansea (H), Arsenal (A), Villa (H)

AND

Sunderland take 3 more points than us from Stoke (H), Southampton (H), Spurs (A)

AND

Newcastle take 2 more points than us from QPR (A), Arsenal (H)

AND 

Norwich take 2 more points than us from WBA (H), Man City (A)

AND 

Southampton take 1 more point than us from Sunderland (A), Stoke (H)

If one of those things fails to happen, we stay up

AND

Sunderland take 3 more points than us from Stoke (H), Southampton (H), Spurs (A)

AND

AND 

AND 

If one of those things fails to happen, we stay up

That is it in a nut shell & it's all so very ...............................Scary!.

Actually, you can add a bit more into that, just looking at the table. Complete list of Things That Need To Happen For Villa To Be Relegated™ is:

AND

AND

AND 

AND 

AND

Fulham equal Villa's points total from their remaining games - Liverpool (H), Swansea (A)

AND

Stoke equal Villa's points total from their remaining games - Sunderland (A), Spurs (H), Southampton (A)

Again, if any one of those things fail to happen, Villa are guaranteed safety

Lets just see what happens eh no point driving yourselves mad over possibilities. Some people make it sound like we lost at weekend we won be happy. All we can do is play well and get points and o look that's what we're doing. We could easily get point against Chelsea or win it would be just the kinda thing that would happen after the hammering. Remember spurs beat Wigan 9-1 next time they met Wigan won 1-0 at white hart lane . We're getting the slices of luck we weren't getting in first half if season and were finishing well. Our lads are hungry and well up for it. West brom conspiracy theories are ridiculous they beat Southampton 0-3 when they supposedly had nothing to play for and they twice went ahead Saturday do people honestly think Clarke and west brom are looking at games and saying right we need to lose to Norwich and hope villa don't get anything against Chelsea and Wigan and we also need to hope Sunderland Newcastle Southampton and Wigan keep picking up points will ya stop. Also people saying qpr and Swansea won't try to beat Newcastle and Wigan come on that's not how Michael laudrap and Harry redknapp operate

Actually, you can add a bit more into that, just looking at the table. Complete list of Things That Need To Happen For Villa To Be Relegated™ is:

AND

AND

AND 

AND 

AND

Fulham equal Villa's points total from their remaining games - Liverpool (H), Swansea (A)

AND

Stoke equal Villa's points total from their remaining games - Sunderland (A), Spurs (H), Southampton (A)

Again, if any one of those things fail to happen, Villa are guaranteed safety

So for Villa to go down, they would need all 7 of those things to happen. Well at least 1 of them won't, so I am not too nervous.

Edited by Voinjama

So for Villa to go down, they would need all 7 of those things to happen. Well at least 1 of them won't, so I am not too nervous.

Yup, Villa can't go down if even one of those things fails to happen

I think if Wigan draw against Swansea they are gone. They probably won't get much from the emirates, so then they would need to win on the last day which would only give them 39