Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I am pretty confident we can beat Wigan away on the last day. We're a much better side than the one who lost to them 3-0 around Christmas. And we are usually pretty good away from home. And Wigan are pretty shit. Oh and they have a cup final on their minds not to mention a game against Arsenal a few days before (which they'll hopefully lose heavily).

sunderland, norwich and wigan are our deciding games, hopefully we can get maximum points but cant see it, maybe 2 draws and 1 win from that lot

man utd and chelsea will just be a training session for them

If we beat Sunderland we will be okay.  From their perspective they have to beat us so it will be an open game for sure, 1 point wont be enough for sunderland.

Hope Chelsea win today as our game with them will have to be rearranged and shoe-horned in somewhere.  They still have to find a date for their spurs home game, they have 2 europa league games as well - could work in our favour.  Or maybe i'm just hoping!

Edited by philgetaway

I reckon we need 1 win and 1 draw to be ok, preferably 2 wins. not all the teams around us will pick up 2 wins as they each play each other. the result although not the best yesterday at least carried on the momentum. it was a do not loose match and they didn't. The team look like they can score against anybody and may just spring a surprise against Man u, Christ its about time we did. On paper yesterday we were probably the underdogs but we deserved to win and I think if we had Gabby playing we would have.

I think this afternoon will be one of the most deciding weekends of the season.

Newcastle v Sunderland is not only incredibly important for the obvious reasons but it is going to be the first real insight into how Sunderland are going to react to having di Canio in charge. If they don't put in a good performance today then I think it massively improves our chances of staying up.

If Sunderland do put in a good performance then the most likely team to get sucked down, other than Wigan, is Stoke who play this afternoon v Man Utd.

A Newcastle and Man Utd win today and it would have been a good point yesterday. Anything else and we might live to rue to 2 points dropped.

If we beat Sunderland we will be okay.  From their perspective they have to beat us so it will be an open game for sure, 1 point wont be enough for sunderland.

Hope Chelsea win today as our game with them will have to be rearranged and shoe-horned in somewhere.  They still have to find a date for their spurs home game, they have 2 europa league games as well - could work in our favour.  Or maybe i'm just hoping!

Unfortunately Rafa isn't O'Neill and will change Chelsea's team according to the games they have to play.

Our fixture list has been clear for some considerable time yet we have have been battling against relegation. With Rafa's rotation policy and the quality of squad they have it won't affect them in the same way as it would affect teams with smaller squads and less quality. In addition they still need to cement a CL place.

People are clutching at straws if they think that our game against Chelsea is going to be any less difficult due to fixture lists.

Yeah I agree. When you have 20 world class players in your squad you can afford to rest your top performers. I just can't see our game against them as nothing more than a dead rubber.

Weird one today, guess a point is okay, but Fulham were really there for the taking. 

Sunderland and Norwich will be much more "up for it"... that may go in our favour really as we can hit them on the break. 

Hitting them on the break makes the assumption that we can soak up pressure without conceding goals , and then go up the pitch and nick one. Not something which is possible with our defence I'm afraid .

I really think that people are underestimating the likes of Stoke and Sunderland. I think a lot of people seem to think that Sunderland is our last hope of getting 3 points but it would be just like Villa to lose that one and then beat Chelsea!

I personally fancy our chances against Chelsea. I think that their players will have an air of complacency about them because of how they drubbed us at their place and I also think that our players will be up for revenge, especially given the fact that beating them would not only massively help our chances of staying up but it will also dent any hopes Chelsea have of finishing top 4 :). The fixture pile-up will aid our chances and hopefully they'll play Cahill at the back and he'll ship a few in like he did when he played for Bolton.

I just hope we can go to Wigan with our safety guaranteed. I know we are better than back when they beat us at Villa Park but they are renowned for last day escapes and i don't want that to be possible. I am hoping that we can get the 3 points against Sunderland and then get something out of Chelsea and Norwich. I think that we need to go to Wigan with at least 38 points on the board, preferrably 40!