Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

It's great that so many other teams are slipping, slipping, slipping into the mix while we pick up points. I think we're always going to score goals, whilst teams like Sunderland the Stoke hoofers are struggling.

Really did not want to say this but...

We're starting to look a good team. Just hope it doesn't fall apart.

I am delighted (and surprised) with today's win - but we have a long way to go to be anything like a good side IMO - This side IMO would still be towards the bottom next season. My hope is that we stay up, Keep Bentekke, and add some more experienced players to the squad.

my Liverpool mate said.. how are you bottom when you have so many good strikers.

Stay up. Sort the defence and a few mids and were back in top 10.

I get the feeling that the team that finishes 3rd from bottom might need 39/40 points. So, we're far from out of it but to have even strung together four wins out of seven is just brilliant and we're playing with some real confidence at the moment. We've also now won more games than last season and look as though we can go to Wigan/Norwich and gets wins. I even think we could beat Chelsea at home, whereas last season we couldn't buy a win from anywhere and spiralled drastically. I think we might just be okay. 

I get the feeling that the team that finishes 3rd from bottom might need 39/40 points. 

No chance. Sunderland won't pick up 8 more points from their remaining fixtures, which they'd need to do to hit 39

Chelsea (A)

Newcastle (A)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

Spurs (A)

Edited by P3te

I get the feeling that the team that finishes 3rd from bottom might need 39/40 points. 

No chance. Sunderland won't pick up 8 more points from their remaining fixtures, which they'd need to do to hit 39

Chelsea (A)

Newcastle (A)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

Spurs (A)

I really can't write them off just yet. I don't think it's outrageous that Sunderland could pick up 9 points with the new manager impact. They could beat us, win the derby (as people seem to be letting Newcastle off the hook, but they are rubbish) and could pick up points against Stoke and Southampton at home. It's just my opinion of course but I just think that last relegation place will provide a few twists. I think Stoke are in big trouble.

We are currently 10th in the form table for the past 6 matches, three losses coming against Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool. Most importantly each of our last 3 wins has been a virtual 6-pointer. If we keep that ratio of 1 in 2 we'll be fine. I wouldn't rule out us causing an upset against Chelsea either.

QPR, Newcastle, Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke & Reading are bottom six in that form table.

Edited by Ponky

Chelsea (A)

Newcastle (A)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

Spurs (A)

I really can't write them off just yet. I don't think it's outrageous that Sunderland could pick up 9 points with the new manager impact. They could beat us, win the derby (as people seem to be letting Newcastle off the hook, but they are rubbish) and could pick up points against Stoke and Southampton at home. It's just my opinion of course but I just think that last relegation place will provide a few twists. I think Stoke are in big trouble.

New manager impact is actually statistically proven to not exist though

Chelsea (A)

Newcastle (A)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

Spurs (A)

Fine, you don't believe Sunderland can pick up 9 points from those games, that's your opinion. I think they can, so won't write them off just yet. We'll just have to see but I don't think i'm being unreasonable thinking that. Obviously we both want them to get 0 points. Let's hope they don't win again.

Chelsea (A)

Newcastle (A)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

Spurs (A)

Yep, Reading and QPR can testify to that! LOL