Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

You can fault lambert quite a lot for contributing more of a mess.

I think thats fair. The man has his flaws and I have never seen him set out to do anything but win a game even when a draw would have been great. Thats probably cost us a few points this season but he wont change, it is who he is.

Why he didnt bring in a defender in january is baffling, he had some money and even a semi past it older CB would have helped us this season.

I'm not saying Lambert is blameless, some tactics have been very questionable. But as always its a combination of players and manager that have made us drop points.

What I am saying is however, I don't think any good would come from sacking Lambert straight away if we did go down. At least give him a few months and see where we are in the table.

Oh I agree with that. I wouldnt want Lambert to go now or next season. I like him but I recognise his flaws.

I imagine he does himself.

However, when he approaced his boss on signing the two experienced payers that would of made a difference, he was stonewalled.

Thing is hindsight says he was right.

So how much are the paracute payments and TV revenue worth?

Way to go Randy you useless lying prick B)

Edited by MagicMushroom

Feel a bit like we're on the X Factor or similar show. QPR and Reading definitely voted off but we get the chance to come back next week and have another try to stay in the competition

We are the foxy older lass who has clearly seen better days but deffo up for it.

Yeah he's made some mistakes, but i think this been brewing since we gave free reign to Mr O'Neill.

The management have now cut too quick and too fast. i like PL even though he wasn't my first choice.

Could be good but we need to give him a chance, has til next Xmas if we go down. 

For me McLeish a was strange decision, (lack of knowledge by the board)  but supported him til Bolton home game. genuine bloke but diminishing returns

We are in the lap of the Gods now. Chronic mismanagement by the board, in particular over the last 3 years.

Great result in Next Gen. A shining light. Big Credit to Tony McAndrew who we've had for years (ex-Chelski), and has always done a top job,

Off to Norwich and Wigan, fingers crossed.. UTV...

Yeah he's made some mistakes, but i think this been brewing since we gave free reign to Mr O'Neill.

The management have now cut too quick and too fast. i like PL even though he wasn't my first choice.

Could be good but we need to give him a chance, has til next Xmas if we go down. 

For me McLeish a was strange decision, (lack of knowledge by the board)  but supported him til Bolton home game. genuine bloke but diminishing returns

We are in the lap of the Gods now. Chronic mismanagement by the board, in particular over the last 3 years.

Great result in Next Gen. A shining light. Big Credit to Tony McAndrew who we've had for years (ex-Chelski), and has always done a top job,

Off to Norwich and Wigan, fingers crossed.. UTV...

A few weeks ago, i was saying we are gone. I just dont see it now, i really believe we will fine. Teams have blinked, we have a farly good run in, fixtures for other teams, and by pure bloody luck, i see us limping over the line ;)

QPR and reading look doomed - 7pts from us - and eight from safety. I don't buy into this xxxxx could get dragged into it (theres only 7 games left  !!!) - 1 spot to be decided between Villa, Wigan, Sunderland.

I'd say Newcastle, Norwich, Stoke and Southampton are all in it as well.

Wot you don't see Newcastle winning 2 more games ? - If Stoke beat us they go 7 points clear of us - then with only six games to go -

A four point gap - may not sound much, but it is huge at this stage of the season

I think Newcastle will stay up but they're still only 3 points above the drop zone. Likewise with Stoke they're only four points ahead and in awful form. Obviously if they beat us they'll be very likely to stay up but alternatively if we beat them they'll only be a point behind us.

I suppose I am gloomy, because I don't see us inflicting only stokes 3rd home defeat of the season. I really think its between us Wigan, Sunderland, - We need to win 3 games from 7 - thats a tall order for us

QPR and reading look doomed - 7pts from us - and eight from safety. I don't buy into this xxxxx could get dragged into it (theres only 7 games left  !!!) - 1 spot to be decided between Villa, Wigan, Sunderland.

I'd say Newcastle, Norwich, Stoke and Southampton are all in it as well.

Wot you don't see Newcastle winning 2 more games ? - If Stoke beat us they go 7 points clear of us - then with only six games to go -

A four point gap - may not sound much, but it is huge at this stage of the season

I think Newcastle will stay up but they're still only 3 points above the drop zone. Likewise with Stoke they're only four points ahead and in awful form. Obviously if they beat us they'll be very likely to stay up but alternatively if we beat them they'll only be a point behind us.

I suppose I am gloomy, because I don't see us inflicting only stokes 3rd home defeat of the season. I really think its between us Wigan, Sunderland, - We need to win 3 games from 7 - thats a tall order for us

Not necessarily. Depending on other team's results and who we beat we may only need to win two games and get a draw or two.

This weekend could see the bottom 5 or 6 start to take shape a bit.

You have to fancy Chelsea at home to beat Sunderland, but there again I wouldn't be surprised with a new manager style freak result. DRAW.

On current form Southampton should beat Reading, but again I can see a draw in Adkins' first home game. DRAW.

I actually think QPR will win at Wigan to still give them a lifeline. QPR WIN.

Everyone seems to be saying that our Stoke game is not a definer, just a 'must not lose' fixture. Presumably the feeling being 'let's get a point out of this and then we absolutely have to beat Fulham at home'. I would say this is the far more likely game to get a result. We have to look at this one as the one to win. I'll go with my heart. VILLA WIN.

That would leave the table

Villa on 33

Sunderland on 32

Wigan on 30

QPR on 26

Reading on 24

Fulham winning last night was great result for Villa.  Not only because QPR are now more or less down, but because Fulham are now safe and will not be up for the game as much at Villa Park. 

I honestly believe we will win it 3-1 , 3-0. 

Not so sure about Stoke game, we totally battered them at Villa Park.  I think if we are to stand a chance we have to have Clarke back and Baker in right back.  Bit of height to manage the long balls and physicality.

It makes me feel very uncomfortable seeing Lambert's regular statements that "we won't go down". Managers that make those statements have a habit of being relegated.  

It makes me feel very uncomfortable seeing Lambert's regular statements that "we won't go down". Managers that make those statements have a habit of being relegated.  

ahah yeah, guzan is at it too. good they are convinced though but villa is the only thing in my life where i'm totally irrationally superstitious! so i don't like tempting fate whilst we're in the shit.

i think we need 8 or 9 points from our last 7 games. where we'll get them i don't know! i think we stand a good chance though.

Samba has told fans to "get over it" with respect to his wages lol

Redknapps comments after last night were funny

"We gave away the most terrible goals ive ever seen since I've been managing a football team.Scandalous goals It was an absolute disaster"