1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

This Weekend

OPR beat Southampton

Everton beat Reading

Liverpool beat Wigan

Then we will have a free go at City on Monday night. 

A 'Free Go' at them. Are they not turning up until the second half then?

:D

This Weekend

OPR beat Southampton

Everton beat Reading

Liverpool beat Wigan

I know its sad we are now looking at other teams to do us favours.  Nothing to loose against Man City if results go our way prior to it.

This Weekend

OPR beat Southampton

Everton beat Reading

Liverpool beat Wigan

Even if they didn't turn up until the second half we'd still squander our lead and lose in the last minute.

This Weekend

OPR beat Southampton

Everton beat Reading

Liverpool beat Wigan

Even if they didn't turn up until the second half we'd still squander our lead and lose in the last minute.

That sounds about right... 7-0 up by half time (as City physically hadn't turned up) (& i say only 7-0 due to the fact that even if we were playing against nobody i doubt we would manage to score more than 7!)..Then City arrive & win it 8-7 with a minute to spare having scored 3 "offside" goals, 4 penalties & a last minute headed corner.

I wouldn't trust this team to beat a carpet!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

This Weekend

OPR beat Southampton

Everton beat Reading

Liverpool beat Wigan

We'd still manage to concede in the first half.

This Weekend

OPR beat Southampton

Everton beat Reading

Liverpool beat Wigan

We'd still manage to concede in the first half.

From a corner.

1-0 up v soton, lost

2-0 up v man utd, lost

2-0 up v wba, drew

2-1 up v swansea, draw

3-1 up v everton, drew

1-0 up v qpr, drew

1-0 up v norwich, drew

1-0 up v newcastle, drew.

Then include the likes of fulham, 0-0, 88th minute winner for Fulham, throwing another point v arsenal Saturday.

A potential 20 more points there that we had in our grasp, that's why were potentialy* going down.

And just to play the blame game, most of those points were threw by individual errors

Lichaj failing to follow his marker for the Fulham winner. Holman standing off Ben arfa for the Newcastle equiliser, vlaar letting fellaini get free headers not once but twice, Clark letting the norwich defender have a run and header the ball.

*probably

Edited by Jimzk5

Spot on Jimzk5, too many individual errors clearly points to the fact that we have below par players, no leadership on the pitch and limited experience. The manager takes the blame for the poor players he signed.

Spot on Jimzk5, too many individual errors clearly points to the fact that we have below par players, no leadership on the pitch and limited experience. The manager takes the blame for the poor players he signed.

We needed to sign another player to play at cb, mayby we weren't expecting dunnes injury to keep him out for the season, but a proper no nonsense center half we wouldn't be in this mess.

The point i was trying to make regardingP individual errors was, how many times this season, honestly do you think we've been Outplayed from start to finish and deserved nothing? Chelsea away, spurs at home, wigan at home? For the most part we've done alrite, we've competed, lack of composure and a leader (vlaar is not a leader) was needed.

Looking at us, I see a fair few similarities with the west ham team avram grant took down 2 years ago.

The inability to see games out is incredibly annoying. Don't forget West Ham very nearly made it 2-2 the other week also. If that game had gone on a few more minutes we'd have dropped 2 more points. Teams know we can't hold a lead now and play on this. We just hit the **** big red panic button all the time.

We were also outclassed by Everton (h) and Southampton (a) second half. Spurs (a) also and Man City (a).

I honestly think we've got more of a chance against City than Reading or QPR.

Where is your logic at thinking that?  I know who i would rather be playing.

The players simply aren't mentally strong enough for these sorts of games - the relegation six pointers. I don't think we've got much chance of getting a result against City but recent results seem to suggest that we play better against the teams that aren't in relegation scraps. Draws against West Brom, Swansea and Everton away as well as a narrow defeat against Arsenal away. Yet we lost crucial home games against Newcastle, Southampton and Wigan.

Think about it, have we actually been decent in any of the games against our relegation rivals this season? Lost both times to Southampton (one of them embarrassingly), lost embarrassingly to Wigan at home and lost to Newcastle at home. Yeah we beat Reading and drew with QPR but we were pretty poor in both of those games.

Mentally we are by far the worst team in the league. In fact I'd go as far as to say that we're one of the worst teams mentally in professional football at the moment.

You might think it but its not correct. QPR and Reading are arguably the only two teams in the league actually worse than us. City's reserves would play us off the pitch.

Absolutely no chance. Ci£y have a week off too now and will totally smash us for the MNF show.

Ultimately our home form is woeful and will Relegate us.

I never said I thought we would beat City, just that I'm more confident of us going into that game than I will be for the Reading and QPR games. As far as the latter two games go, I'm about 95% certain we won't win either of them.

Edited by Mantis

Gary Neville is very good, but that doesnt mean we will face oblivion.

He said after the 8-0 game we would have games like that and then have a game like the Liverpool game the next week, as the young players get to know each other and prove their undoubted potential. - What utter bullshit that was.

Gary Neville is very good, but that doesnt mean we will face oblivion.

He said after the 8-0 game we would have games like that and then have a game like the Liverpool game the next week, as the young players get to know each other and prove their undoubted potential. - What utter bullshit that was.

Could still happen yet. 

I see West Ham lost again tonight 2-3 against Spurs & they could yet get dragged in as they have a very tough run in..harder than anyone i'd say...Still a long shot though.. I thought they would draw tonight & they would finish around the 40 point mark..so that now goes down to 39.. Another bad defeat or two & they could be right in it. Good news is their most winnable games are now against Wigan (h) Reading (h) & Southampton (a) so this keeps them badly needing points so they could either do us a favour by beating those lot or get dragged in themselves if they don't... Either way it could just help us a little.

Unless Wigan/Southampton totally collapse in the manner that we did over Christmas, I think the best we can hope for is to go to Wigan on the last day with something to play for. I can't see us being in a position where we don't need at least a draw from that game. **** that would be excruciating viewing.

Unless Wigan/Southampton totally collapse in the manner that we did over Christmas, I think the best we can hope for is to go to Wigan on the last day with something to play for. I can't see us being in a position where we don't need at least a draw from that game. **** that would be excruciating viewing.

Its a miserable shit hole to get pissed in aswell.

• Like 1