Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm just fed up of the defeat/interview where the manager and players afterwards say

"Were devastated in the dressing room, but were determined to put in a performance in the next match to put it right"

Followed in the next match full of abject shite with 9 out of the 11 players being intrested. Only 3 players can take any credit for performances this season, weimann, Guzan and westwood. The rest of them should be ashamed. Football, the only job where you can act the word removed not give a **** and make themselves a fortune in the process. I wonder if when we go down, how many of them will say "ill stop and get this club back up".

We need at least 2 new faces to avoid relegation. If we had bought in 3 or 4 (from a list of around 20 names I heard Lambert submitted) at the start of the window we could well have a few more points and possibly a place at Wembley

Lambert isn't showing the ability I thought he had, but unless he is backed we are done for

The lack of communication from the club shows the total contempt they have for their manager and their fans

I still have some hope left 'VillaCas' that Lerner will do a u turn and give the manager some money. Either that or we sell Bent to get the two or three players we need.

Looking through the threads there is mass resignation to relegation.

I don't see it that way. I can't allow myself even to dream the nightmare that relegation would be.

If there are no signings then Lambert must get the balance right in our team with the players available. We still have some good players in Bent, Benteke, Westwood, Vlaar and N'Zogbia (played in the right position) and if we can get Dunne fit then he could make the difference in conceding less on set plays.

We also definitely need someone to sit in front of the defence. The cultured Westwood or Clark or indeed Warnock (probably not happening).

This is totally up to Lambert and the very fact that we don't sign anyone may in fact rally the support even more so all is not lost! 

All signings will instantly fit in and be amazing.

What is the point of this sarcastic comment?

If you are trying to argue that our rivals strengthening is not going to give them new options, confidence and ultimately an advantage over our club doing nothing then you are going to struggle to make that case. 

What is the point of this sarcastic comment?

If you are trying to argue that our rivals strengthening is not going to give them new options, confidence and ultimately an advantage over our club doing nothing then you are going to struggle to make that case.

You said they WILL have stronger finishes because of it.

That is bollocks, you have no idea how the new signings will work. They might all fit in and be awesome they may not.

You said they WILL have stronger finishes because of it.

That is bollocks, you have no idea how the new signings will work. They might all fit in and be awesome they may not.

And most likely some will do well and some will flop. The ones that are a success will help those teams pull away, the ones that don't work out will be sidelined.  

Meanwhile we plod along as before.  

And most likely some will do well and some will flop. The ones that are a success will help those teams pull away, the ones that don't work out will be sidelined.  

Meanwhile we plod along as before.

We could improve, that could happen. Like with new players they may or may not improve their teams, we may or may not improve.

We could improve, that could happen. Like with new players they may or may not improve their teams, we may or may not improve.

Einstein's definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

We need major changes to start getting different results from this side, either changes with the manager side or changes to the playing staff. 

We are going down, starting with a heavy 5 goal defeat this weekend against Newcastle. Their new players will be more than ecstatic to start well for their new team.

If Newcastle turn up this weekend to play us they will score a bloody hat full as the Villa team won't be there until next Tuesday evening!

:D

Einstein's definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

We need major changes to start getting different results from this side, either changes with the manager side or changes to the playing staff. 

That would only really work if we do everything wrong all the time, which quite simply isn't the case and its not as black and white as that surely? The defence practise they improve, if thats not the case why do teams train every day?

We are actually quite good at attack (for once) its just we have no ability to defend, something i assume they are trying to improve this may happen for the remainder of the season.

We haven't been able to defend corners since O'Neill left, its not a Lambert problem in particular.

That would only really work if we do everything wrong all the time, which quite simply isn't the case and its not as black and white as that surely? The defence practise they improve, if thats not the case why do teams train every day?

We are actually quite good at attack (for once) its just we have no ability to defend, something i assume they are trying to improve this may happen for the remainder of the season.

We haven't been able to defend corners since O'Neill left, its not a Lambert problem in particular.

I beg to differ. Lambert is the incumbent manager and it is now very much his particular problem!

I was going to wait till the end of the window before calling it but with the news coming out regarding Stephens and Sissoko I think we're done as far as survival is concerned. Our only chance now is if we get incredibly **** lucky.

So brace yourselves... Robbie Savages gloating, smug, I told you so face is on the way.

Edited by flamingsombrero

I was going to wait till the end of the window before calling it but with the news coming out regarding Stephens and Sissoko I think we're done as far as survival is concerned. Our only chance now is if we get incredibly **** lucky.

So brace yourselves... Robbie Savages gloating, smug, I told you so face is on the way.

Incredibly **** Lucky. Who does he play for? Is he any good? Is he a striker, midfielder or defender or what?

Some positive news maybe, a new signing in the offing!

Incredibly **** Lucky. Who does he play for? Is he any good? Is he a striker, midfielder or defender or what?

Some positive news maybe, a new signing in the offing!

He's one of those Japanese cat's. Plays in goal and catches the ball like Pat Jennings.