Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Exactly .

Think if we could get Gabby, Bent and Benteke into one team then we would have some real fire power.

Benteke isn't a number ten in say the mould of a Rooney or Berbatov and with both Bent and Benteke upfront i'm not sure if it would upset the balance of the team further?

Furthermore why would you ask Benteke to play in a different way when he is starting to score on a regular basis in the role he is accustomed with?

No, i'd go with more width and Herd as our DM while keeping our in form striker upfront until such time as Benteke needs a rest. Then i'd introduce Bent again keeping the same system of width and service to the front man.

Guzan

Lihaj - Vlaar - Dunne - Lowton

Albrighton - Ireland - Nzog/Holman

Gabby

Benteke - Bent

A real threat can be posed if and when all fit and on song.

I still expect about 9 points from now until Jan 1st but after then It will all come together for us eventually if it don't before hand.

EDIT - The formation is 4-3-1-2 for all of you that are unsure!

When all fit, gabby and Zog as the wide men, Big Bent & Little Bent up top

Thats £50m of firepower on the pitch

I am not sure where these figures come from?

It don't reach that amount in fee's we paid for them and it is miles ahead of what each of them are worth now.

Guzan

Gabby

Benteke - Bent

I still expect about 9 points from now until Jan 1st but after then It will all come together for us eventually if it don't before hand.

Ireland will never be a central midfielder / holding midfielder. Ever.

Ireland will never be a central midfielder / holding midfielder. Ever.

**** hell. That team

Guzan

Gabby

Benteke - Bent

**** hell. That team would get raped. Brutally, repeatedly raped. Over and over again. What formation is that? a 4-6?

Guzan

Gabby

Benteke - Bent

How anyone could pick Albrighton after his performance against Norwich is beyond me. Swap Holman for Albrighton and Delph for N'Zog. Lowton to right back and Bennett at left back.

Ok so thats in fee's what we paid for them.

Sad to say none of them (Benteke exempt) are worth that now, especially Agbonlahor who is no where near worth 9m.

No based on purchase and I've assumed what gabby may have cost say 4 years ago ?

So on paper it's £50m

In today's money ?

Bent 15 Benteke 10 Zog 6 Gabby 6

The problem we have is chance conversion in the main. The main thing in football is putting the ball in the net & we are dismal at it!..we are 3rd from bottom as it stands of the chance conversion table (See here http://tinyurl.com/cqfxhv8 )

As it happens todays opponents Sunderland are TOP of the converted chances table with over 50%.. So for me if we can put more chances away we will climb the table.. if not we will end up in trouble.