Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

So did Southampton but they smashed us into next week.

I can see another heavy loss tbh.

And Swansea looked brilliant before we played them yet we comfortably beat them. The Southampton game means very little in the context of the upcoming Sunderland game.

I said this a couple of months ago and I will say it again. - I would be amazed if we got relegated this season.

I believe we will strengthen in January with a couple of top additions from Championship & Abroad.

Come January I feel that injured players would have returned for us and our signings made pre season along with the rest of the team would have been playing together for almost 6 months by then too.

Im glad we our getting a shit spell out the way with now because we have the quality there and you see glimpses of it coming through more and more each game.

We will not go down! Lambert will prove his ability in this level as a manager and the players will step up and click.

JUST GIVE THE TEAM TIME, PATIENCE AND BACKING.

• Like 2

I said this a couple of months ago and I will say it again. - I would be amazed if we got relegated this season.

I believe we will strengthen in January with a couple of top additions from Championship & Abroad.

Come January I feel that injured players would have returned for us and our signings made pre season along with the rest of the team would have been playing together for almost 6 months by then too.

Im glad we our getting a shit spell out the way with now because we have the quality there and you see glimpses of it coming through more and more each game.

We will not go down! Lambert will prove his ability in this level as a manager and the players will step up and click.

JUST GIVE THE TEAM TIME, PATIENCE AND BACKING.

A fantastic oasis of a reasonable post in the desert of over reaction
  • Like 2

Yes and sorting that out will take time, not an overnight fix.

The trouble is, nothing is being done to fix the underlying problem, our poor quality squad. You don't fix that by buying more poor quality players.

I think the scare is that we are 9 games in against 9 sides who we should atleast be competing against. In another month's time, we'll have slipped even further down the table.

Now I am 100% behind Lambert, a manager who I like more than any other since Gregory, but I think there's a very real possibility that we'll go down. Whichever way you look at it, the players out there aren't particularly good, and much better sides have gone down in the past.

Oh no, the transition police!!

This is the 3rd season of this lame excuse now.

It is a transition season though. This is the third season in a row where we've started the season with a different manager to the previous one.

trouble is that 9 games in translates as more than a quarter of the season, what happens if the next 3 quarters generate as many points as this first quarter? 24 points and relegation.

Definitely time to be worried, without over-reacting.

And now we need to watch that wee dobbers irish grin as they beat us on Saturday.

To an extent, we are in a transitional period.

But the larger picture is that we are longer a top half Premier League club, what we achieved last season, with the players we had, wasn't far off what should be expected of a team made up of Albrightons and Clarks.

It is a transition season though. This is the third season in a row where we've started the season with a different manager to the previous one.

Question is are AVFC a club in permanent transition or is transition just a word used by certain people to cover up another load of bollocks.

Question is are AVFC a club in permanent transition or is transition just a word used by certain people to cover up another load of bollocks.

What do you expect with the amount of managerial changes we've had recently? It's not an excuse.