Guild Wars 2

villarule123

My game keeps crashing. I installed it yesterday and creating the character was fine. But when I got in game the screen froze but the music kept playing. A few minutes I waited but nothing, so I rebooted on the button. Logged back on and the same thing happened, only a couple of minutes in this time. I put everything down to low on settings even though my PC is more than capable than running this game. Made no difference. Came on today and it's done it twice again. Any ideas? I see none of you are getting it so I'm a bit confused... and GUTTED!

hey gents- couldnt get on your server as it was full so went elsewhere with my brother. I think eventually if we keep playing I might be able to guest over? or will create another char or something.

Anyway loving the game- best bit is it runs much better than swtor on my old laptop, only struggling in big wvw battles.

Has anyone tried the foundry inferno event- that is one bad raid boss. He lives in the gnome rabbit area- worth checking out!

Just have to make sure I dont get addicted to this game!

Nath, it's a f2p so unlike your typical MMO like WoW you won't have to pay a monthly subscription cost so you can hop on and off whenever you like. Trouble is I still can't get on the bleedin' game but I'm sure others will tell you of how amazing it is.

I'd recommend it- the value of it as a box game is great. So far Im level 12 and have taken part in raid boss style fights, mass pvp zergs, fun crafting and some quests- whether its boring after a bit doesnt matter as youre not paying a sub.

It doesnt reinvent the wheel but its nice to play the events with other players helping out (rezzing you, killing your mob before it kills you etc). They nailed the grouping imo.

I'm tempted to get this, just not sure if I'll have enough spare time to give it a good go. What's the overall opinion on this? Worth getting?

If you have any love at all for MMO's or RPG's then the lack of sub means it's a bit of a no-brainer really.

It's an excellent game, the world and character models are beautifully detailed and varied, the combat is robust, the PvP is great entertainment and the quest system is quite simply the best I've ever played (and I've played ALOT of MMO's).

It has issues just like every other MMO has (armour and weapon sets are bland looking and lack variation, the lack of any instances before level 30 is disappointing) but overall it's top drawer and I would recommend it to anyone.

Definitely a GOTY contender.

Reviews are all glowing so far too...

Disappointing that there are no instances for lower levels, like I mentioned in my last post I used to play WoW and one of the things I loved about it was that you could start doing group things from a low level. I am really tempted to grab this, my neighbor has said that he'll get it if I get it too. So if we get it I'll try and get us on to the same server as some of the VT'ers for a bit of an instant community. Nothing worse than playing an MMO on your own!

If you like MMOs then buy it because it's probably the best one out there at the moment.

It's a great game but it doesn't have the wow factor that WoW did 5 years or so ago. That's not to say it's not a good game, because it is.

It's a great game but it doesn't have the wow factor that WoW did 5 years or so ago.

Generally, the MMO with the biggest "wow" factor for a gamer is usually the first one they got invested in long term. And its likely they're actually just being wowed from experiencing the concept of an MMO rather than the actual game. The beginning of the Warcraft thread here is pretty telling of that - "huge world, we're all playing together, amazing!" etc.

Many people still claim Ultima Online was the best "wow" factor MMO ever because that happened to be the first MMO they got heavily involved in. I'll bet that in 5 years time, for many people, GW2 will have been their first MMO and nothing will match the "wow" factor they nostalgically associate with it.

Either way, whether a seasoned MMO player or new to the genre, GW2 is definitely doing something new. Its somewhat iterative rather than truly revolutionary but it gets the most important part spot on - its a helluvalotta fun!

I rather enjoy a bit of underwater content. Love the atmosphere and that feel of exploring the unknown. I think it comes from being wowed by it in Tomb Raider 1. GW2 has some very well developed underwater gameplay.

Also, no breath bar!

I wonder if playing an infinite underwater breathing Warlock is why I never really related to a lot of the complaints about WoWs underwater stuff (vanilla that is, not zones based on it in later expansions). Just being able to take my time under the waves removed a lot of the chore I used to feel playing my WoW rogue underwater.

Â