Guild Wars 2

villarule123

I've only done the first dungeon despite being level enough to do the second.

To be honest, the first one isn't amazing. I ran it with Rllmuk guildies and whilst we didn't find it too difficult (it had its moments), a lot of folk are saying that in comparison to the level 40 dungeon, its silly overtuned and a little bit boring. I enjoyed it but I'm expecting better in the later ones.

I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing in this game. I'm just running around aimlessly at the moment.

Edit: After further playing I'm still not convinced. PvP just seems like a massive **** of people constantly rolling around and hitting whatever, there doesn't seem to be any real tactic to fighting. It's nearly impossible to tell what's going on because everything is just so flashy and you have no idea who you're targetting or if someone is hitting you or what

Yeah,its a great "game" but thats all it feels like to me.

Selling stuff is confusing. Crafting is confusing. Theres so much gear drops, you dont need crafting, but you need massive drops "To" craft to collect the items.

I rolled a Charr, am now at level 21. The capital, Black Citadel, is too big, it doesn't feel like a city, and the outside area's are too small, or rather the villages/events are too close together, barely 30 seconds running from each other. The teleports are too close together so dying appears not to have much of a penalty to it, you never feel you are properly "exploring".

I also echo the combat. Its too flashy, fast paced, and really feels like a one button spamfest more or less. It always feels like a game, not a "world", and just lacks a bit of "magic" somehow. Dont get me wrong, I like it, but I wouldn't pay a monthly sub for it.

Yeah,its a great "game" but thats all it feels like to me.

Selling stuff is confusing. Crafting is confusing. Theres so much gear drops, you dont need crafting, but you need massive drops "To" craft to collect the items.

I rolled a Charr, am now at level 21. The capital, Black Citadel, is too big, it doesn't feel like a city, and the outside area's are too small, or rather the villages/events are too close together, barely 30 seconds running from each other. The teleports are too close together so dying appears not to have much of a penalty to it, you never feel you are properly "exploring".

I also echo the combat. Its too flashy, fast paced, and really feels like a one button spamfest more or less. It always feels like a game, not a "world", and just lacks a bit of "magic" somehow. Dont get me wrong, I like it, but I wouldn't pay a monthly sub for it.

This is basically how I feel but I couldn't word it without not saying it's a good game because it is, and I can understand how some people love it, AND of course it's free.

As daft as it sounds, there's just TOO MUCH for me it's overwhelming. I'll still play it and I will hop on when I can but it's not for long. It just feels like I need to do EVERYTHING the game has to offer.

Level 35 now and the combat depth is starting to show. With no trinity- abilities like stun, daze and defensive ones really come into their own. I can see a ton of depth with the traits and how they change abilities too.

Loving exploring and the jump puzzles and enjoyed the dungeon. Id change the ability to graveyard zerg them but believe theyve said they are looking at changing that.

Â