Guild Wars 2

villarule123

If anyone here is on the fence about buying this game, just go for it. It's pretty spectacular.

It's a total no-brainer for anyone who loves free-roaming expansive fantasy worlds. Or even for those who have always been put off from playing an MMO because of the subscription fees.

It's going to take something spectacular for it not to be my GOTY anyway.

I've given the PvP more of a go today and I'm not as impressed as I was at first. I'm just not a fan of the combat in PvP, although the way the WvW sections are set up is great. It's just a shame that the combat isn't smoother as that spoils it for me.

The rest of the game is very impressive though. Lots to explore and the questing system is great. Plus in PvE the combat is very good and I like the fact that your moves changes with the weapon equipped.

I haven't read up much about this, but no subscription fees you say? They must have some way of making their money though, surely? I might have to pick this up, I do miss playing an MMORPG and if it's a one time payment for the game then there's no excuse not to get it and just play it when I want (which is nowhere near enough to be any good at it or warrant subscription fees). Looks beautiful too. I had the first one for a while and I enjoyed it but this looks a lot better and sounds more fun.

They really have nailed the questing system haven't they? I've not once felt like I was 'grinding'.

I didn't until I wanted to level crafting, had had to go back to farm for items. Crafing is the weakest part of the game that I've seen so far, I've given up on it until the trading post is back up.

Has anyone tried the dungeons yet? They're...Challenging, to put it mildly.

This game is fantastic but it's WvW where it really shines. Endless amounts of fun. I'm only level 14 but I've spent most of my time in WvW, we had a good team today and ended up taking over the entire zone of another server.

What level do the dungeons start?

Anyone been to the Brisban Wildlands yet? In particular a place called Seraph Observers Waypoint, which if you are around the 19-22 mark is an absolute blast. The place is a small collection of huts and a few NPC's but it's under constant attack from bandits etc. And because there is a teleport point right there you can wade in to the battles and worry about the repair costs later :)

Â