General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. chips'gravy: You make an interesting point which gets to the mindset and the detail that Randy goes to with the Club. It was Randy who wanted last season's programs to reflect the "Proud History" of Villa. He made the decision and helped pick the pictures. His rationale was simple...he wanted our fans (and opponents) to recall where we have "been" so that everyone could be excited about where we are "going." I don't think we will be continuing with this but I do think that the idea was a great one.

2. MON has come to see the Browns and has been to the training grounds but....I doubt if he will be going to the Buffalo game.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Will Villa's kit launch on July 7th be a public affair with details released on location or will it be a private affair kept hush hush from all except the press?

General,

I have just gone on line to renew my season ticket, only to be 'told' that I dont have one and that I didn't attend any away games last season!! The client reference number given on the screen is different to my season ticket. Whilst in itself this isn't a major problem as I have now rang the ticket office and renewed, who do i speak to about resolving this as i dont want any problems next season as I often buy online for my son

Cheers

Give us a shout up when you intend to pop into L2 next season, there are plenty of us who want to buy you a beer :thumb:

How goods the General.......... weve blasted him with questions for almost 500 pages.. no doubt repeating the same old questions yet he answers with aplomb. Your a star General! Sometimes just having him on board reminds me we are past the old doom and gloom days of Douglas Ellis. This is the real ITK thread right here!

Im sure if a signing was around the corner he would give us a hint that something will be announced.

General:

I have an unusual request and one i hope you can help with.

My 14 yr old brother was diagnosed with a cancerous tumour on Friday 20th of this Month and is currently hospitalised for another month or so. As a result he has had to cancel his season ticket in the holte end as he was originally told he'd be spending the summer in hospital. Last season was his 1st as a Season ticket holder and he absolutely enjoyed it and loves the Villa. As you can imagine he was very downhearted about his season ticket being cancelled so i wanted to make it up to him in some way. This is where i was hoping you could help me.

I was wondering if you were able to get a get well soon card signed by some of the 1st team sent to him in Birmingham Childrens hospital.?

I appreciate any help you can offer in this request.

Wrafey

wrafey - sympathies mate thats horrible

general - couple of things - ive just started reading "flags of our fathers" made it to page 6 before reading - not many people are allowed to iwo jima, and not only did you arrange for the author and his family to visit but you offered to fly them from okinawa in your own plane! is that true?

second, why is it that for two seasons on the bounce now nike have launched our kit last? i know we've changed sponsor which could add complications, but every other team (arsenal, manyoo, barca even fulham) have released pics of their kits and release them for sale before we do, any reason for this?

Cheers

General, I am great admirer of General Sir Mike Jackson and just reading his biography, Have you ever had the pleasure of meeting him and if so what were your impressions of him? I think what he did to defuse a potential dangerous situation at the intended air base in Kosovo was fantastic.

General , Ive just told "Forces Discounts" about the ticket discount that you give us, so that they can include it on their list. I still cant believe that Villa are the only football club in the country who offer the armed forces a ticket discount. Coupled with the new shirt sponsor it really does show that Villa and everyone connected with Villa actually give a shit about people and not just about making cash !!

All the other Premier League clubs both in England and Scotland should hang their heads in shame.

General,

I seee from our local paper today that Rafa Benitez is telling Villa to "get real" about our asking price for Gareth Barry. Can I ask (not that I think you need to be asked) that we do nothing of the sort and stick to our guns. The way he and Liverpool have behaved should mean they are made to pay if anything over the odds for Gareth if in fact we are willing to listen to offers from them at all.

It would be brilliant if this horrible man and his horrible club had to back off as they can't afford to buy Gareth.

General

1) Is the current financial difficulties being experienced in this country and the US , going to have an impact on our transfer budget ? Also, has it been factored in when deciding ticket prices for the current season ?

2) Also, do you know if the proposed FIFA / UEFA limit on foreign players factoring into MON's transfer plans or do the club not expect that these limits will be enforcable ?

3) Will the intertoto games be televised ?

Thanks

3) Will the intertoto games be televised ?

The home leg is on Setanta.

as is the away leg apparently

To keep this post on topic, I shall ask a question:

General, it has been shown in this thread that you enjoy a beer or four - do you enjoy finer alcoholic beverages such as spirits/liquor? If so which ones?

General Krulak here:

1. Wrafey: Yes, we can and will do something!!! Please contact Duncan Riddle at the Club...tell him I asked that you contact him and tell him the story and the request. We will sort this out.

2. Villa4Ever: Yes the story is true. I have been to Iwo Jima 3 times....once when I commanded an infantry battalion, once when it was announced I would be the Commandant of the Marine Corps and once when I took the Bradley family. Regarding the shirts: If you recall, we were late last year because we did not close the Nike deal until very late in the game. We were late this year because we had purposely not made a decision on the sponsor...and because we could not say anything until the end of contract with 32Red.com.

General

I think a lot of people here would like to see 'Big Ron' Atkinson be invited back to the club for a game.

The bloke said something stupid in the media ( it was bad i know) but i would love to see him invited back to villa park for a game. He gave us some of the best football i have ever seen in my lifetime.

I know you can't get everyone back, but there are ex players / managers out there that if they were invited back, the fans would love to show their appreciation.

(Shaun Teale, Kevin Richardson, Tony Daley, Alan MacInally, Gary Parker, Deano and Dalian, and many more)

Proud History and all that.