General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

I feel a special shout out should go to Mr Petrov. On this forum over the season the lad has taken a bit of stick due to his performances mainly due to the fans high expectations from him. Today he was exceptional and really showed the kind of quality we all expected from him. If you get chance if you could pass on my personal thanks for hanging in there, holding his head high and roaring like a lion today. Great example to our youths and anyone who is not firing 100%. Dont give up, work hard and pesevere.

Thanks General.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Something that I think you should be aware of. I think that our internal catering outlets at VP are breaking the law!!

When people are asking for Diet Coke they are being given Coca Cola Light which is a different blend sold throughout Europe.

The Coke Light has a foreign label, all the nutritional information is not in English and should not be sold in the UK (especially at the exorbitant price of £1.60!!)

The following is a quote from the Coca Cola website:

Is it legal to sell foreign 'Coca-Cola' in the UK?

The answer depends on where the product is from and what it is. However, if it is from an authorised bottler in the European Economic Area it is likely to be legal provided the label is in English.

Go and check those labels General.... they aint in English!!!

You might expect this from some dodgy burger van outside the ground but not from Aston Villa itself.

Dear General

1. The Official Website has some dead links for the articles on the main page, they give me error messages, like the Gabby story Grrr.

2. Fantastic result, hopefully the start of a run of them and 5th spot :-P

3. This article someone posted looks very interesting -

use short links

Some players shocked me on the list, hence I can see why Villa might not be linked to them now, I wondered though MON mentioned a players performance related Wage System, has that taken effect? or is that for all new contracts?

General

Firstly can I add my thanks for everything being done at VP, and I mean everything.

Can I ask when are the renewal notices for season tickets being sent out? I'm away in May and dont want too miss out

Thanks

General

My first post on this thread, so just want to say how much I and all Villa fans appreciate what you and Randy are doing at the club.

First of all, as many people have already said, please pass on congrats to the lads and MON - a fantastic performance, and what a way to bounce back from a 4-0 defeat to Man Utd.

Second, I completely agree with the post above re: Petrov. He's taken a lot of stick this season and it was refreshing to see him in CM playing quality football. I hope he's played there for the rest of the season.

Thirdly, I don't know how many people agree with this but I couldn't help notice that, despite how bad Bolton appeared, we played some extremely attractive football. All three of the goals came from nice passing football instead of Route 1, and it all just seemed so much smoother and flowing than in recent weeks. I can't help but think it was a MON tactical change that facilitated this. By putting 3 in the middle of midfield, it gave them all more freedom to move forward, which worked SO well. If so, congratulate MON on an inspired change in tactics. Really pleased to see some exciting football, and bring on more for the rest of the season.

Finally, thank you for convincing Barry to shoot. Have you ever concidered management? :D

UP THE VILLA!!

General, I know you don't usually comment on transfers but can you give us any assurance that there are no deals agreed for any of our players to leave the club? Ashley Young has been strongly linked to Liverpool & Rafa Benitez has even said that he has a deal done for an Englishman who can play on the right, this could be attributed to both Young & Gabby.

Anyway, pass on my regards to the team & MON for a great performance yesterday, especially from Petrov and Barry.

Fantastic display from what i have seen, General i believe the changes internally in the club and the positive behind the scene management from yourself and Lerner have given the players and MON a perfect basis to express the football and above all pick up the points... would like to congratulate the team on a great display following the man utd match and am eagerly awaiting the transfer window where im sure with Randy Lerner's backing we will be a huge force to contend with at the FORTRESS and intimidating atmosphere the fans have made of villa park and away from home. Congratz all round!

-----

VR07

Dear Geneeral

I travelled to the game with the North West Supporters Club yesterday, we watched the game from 3 boxes in the North Stand, could I just say how impressed I was with everything yesterday, all the staff were very smart and courteous, they could not do enough for you, and the meal was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed by all, catering of a very high standard.

The two ladies who looked after our box were fantastic a great team, sorry could not remember thier names, but I think they would have been two of your oldest employees (box 38 ), please pass on our thanks great day.

Generaal Krulak here:

1. dirk1978: I passed your message on to MON who passed it on to Barry. Barry indicated that he would try to use his head and foot against Bolton.

Cheers General. I saw Gareth get the ball in front of goal and I thought "if the General has had a word, he'll shoot here". He did and scored so thanks. Next time one of the boys needs a pep talk I'll let you know ;)

On a serious note, I took my 6 year old Nephew and 33 year old sister to their first ever football game. They were impressed with every part of the Villa matchday experience such as walking out to see the inside of Villa Park for the first time, the experience of the atmosphere, the euphoria of celebrating a goal and the excellent staff inside the ground.

When we scored our 2nd goal just after half time they thought all the Villa fans had gone mad when we were all cheering a Bolton goal. After looking around confused for a few moments they realised we had swapped ends.

Because of the excitement our team caused they are now fans for life and even though my sister has (obviously) never really been into football before she thoroughly enjoyed the day.

The only negative point she picked up on was the surrounding area walking towards VP from the Aston Church side is not very nice at all. Its not until you get past Aston Church the area looks nice.

I know Villa have been putting a lot of money into redeveloping some surrounding areas. Is this area part of any redevelopment plans or do you not have any control or jurisdiction over this?

Thanks for reading the waffle :)

Something that I think you should be aware of. I think that our internal catering outlets at VP are breaking the law!!

When people are asking for Diet Coke they are being given Coca Cola Light which is a different blend sold throughout Europe.

The Coke Light has a foreign label, all the nutritional information is not in English and should not be sold in the UK (especially at the exorbitant price of £1.60!!)

The following is a quote from the Coca Cola website:

Is it legal to sell foreign 'Coca-Cola' in the UK?

The answer depends on where the product is from and what it is. However, if it is from an authorised bottler in the European Economic Area it is likely to be legal provided the label is in English.

I've seen it all now

:suspect:

The law is a bit more complex than what is suggested (even the Coca Cola quote does not outright say it's illegal) and companies do try and control "grey" stock as it affects their UK business, but not necessarily the consumer.

A bit cheeky (as the margin will undoubtedly be much higher than standard Diet Coke), yes, illegal, doubtful.

General Krulak here:

1. Player e-mail addresses: They do have addresses but not public.

2. I can assure each of you that I passed on your good wishes to all the members of the Squad...and passed on some specific comments to MON and to Petrov. We were very happy to see him controlling the middle of the field. A few VERY good passes.

3. bubbadog: I will have to check on the Coke issue...you got me on that one.

4. Player Wages: There is no question, the price of a player is pretty stiff. Some are getting paid for what they did several years ago and the reputations they earned at that time. Others are on the way up. The question one might as is what happens to a dressing room when someone comes in a is making 4 times what another star is making. How does that "sit" within a squad?

5. ST should be out the end of this month.

6. heystally!: First off, welcome aboard. You will enjoy the folks on Villa Talk!! I agree that the football played on Saturday was extremely entertaining. I really thought we won the game in the middle of the field...and a lions share of the kudos for that go to Petrov. As for the approaches to Villa Park, we really have no control over those. We are working hard with the community and will hopefully see improvement over time.

7. I have no knowledge of Young, Barry or Gabby leaving. Rumors are just that...rumors.

General Krulak here:

4. Player Wages: There is no question, the price of a player is pretty stiff. Some are getting paid for what they did several years ago and the reputations they earned at that time. Others are on the way up. The question one might as is what happens to a dressing room when someone comes in a is making 4 times what another star is making. How does that "sit" within a squad?

General im wondering more about that pay structure MON mentioned ages back he said players would get a basic wage and incentive related pay, has that plan come into place?

RE: some players earning more than others, its a good thing, it shows that if you work hard enough you reap the rewards, if people kick up a stink about money then they need to look at themselves and ask themselves why they dont earn more, are they not a better player? if not why not and improve, the incentive scheme sounded wonderful i just wondered if its being used on new contracts?

Hi General

I'd appreciate it if you could spare a few moments to look at this short article:Arsenal Bike Parking

I think I read somewhere that we have an area to leave bikes, but is it secure? I'd be tempted to use my bike BUT not in an unsecure area, the frame may be safe via a good lock, but the thief will still take parts off the bike(forks, mechs etc.) or simply vandalise it.

Have we a secure area for bikes? If not are there any plans for one?It would certainly help the congestion on matchday if you could get as many people as possible using a bike.

Thanks General.

Hi General,

A local radio DJ called Tony Butler has just announced that Villa have no money to spend in the summer on transfers. He claims to have this on good authority. Could you dispel this rumour or clarify the situation please.

Steve.

General well done all round for getting members of the local community at the game on saturday, i hear it went well.

Steve, Dont get dragged into this debate mate as the Genral has said that MON will be back more time than i can remember and who would you rather believe? The General or and has been sports journo with poor listening figures??? Look through past posts mate and you will see what i mean.

Gen

How come the jacket potato stall disappeared in the Holte End ?? - seemed to me after a slow start, people were using it last game.

And what did I tell you about 4 months ago = I pointed out my mate said "we won't do sod all until we fix that clock" - well it was correct on Saturday - and look what happens.

You can give Petrov all the credit you want, but I'd go and thank the watch mender if I was you !!!! :winkold:

You can thank those clever people from Health & Safey for saving you from the hidden danger that is hot food.

General,

Has anyone thought about making sure the middle section of the Trinity is filled, Its a focal point of the ground and sometimes seeing it half empty is dissapointing. I guess theres, life long season tickets, sponsers and away team allocations to think about but if people cant make it, can they not be offered as a swap last minute to staff or families.

Dont worry about replying on here if it cant be done it cant be done and if it can well I will see :)

The ground is looking the best Ive sen it by the way.

How come the jacket potato stall disappeared in the Holte End ?? - seemed to me after a slow start, people were using it last game.

Birmingham City Council have said it has to go as it doesn't meet Health and Safety laws, I believe.

So they are looking at part funding a stadium for small heath apparently, but won't even allow us to sell hot potatoes.