General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. To be honest, I have not checked on the membership scheme in some time...I do know it is being looked at. DVD's of home games, etc. I think that we may well have something at the end of the season.

2. Ladies kit: Do you mean ladies sizes or a separate ladies kit? We will have ladies sizes.

3. Neither Randy nor any other single owner has "veto power" over this issue. At the end of the day though, it will possibly come to a vote. Remember, all we were asked was a go-ahead to "explore"...NOT a decision. Randy will do what is right.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General, I just thought I would let you see a post from a Manchester United supporter on another forum that I use which shows how NOT to do things.

A true story about the ACS

I was talking to a friend at work today, who has 2 ST's in the Stretford End Tier 2.

Before the Spurs FA Cup game his credit card expired, so United were unable to charge his card for 2 tickets to the Cup game. As he didn't get an e mail he 'phoned the Ticket and Membership Office a few days before the game, only to be told that they'd sold his seats to someone else. He was annoyed about this, as he wanted to go to the game. They told him that he still had to buy tickets, but the only ones still available were in the Exec section, and were £60 each. He refused to pay £120 for 2 tickets, so didn't attend the game.

On the Tuesday following the game he received a text message, saying that if he didn't 'phone the number attached within 2 hours he would lose his ST. He called the number and was told that his ST's wouldn't work for the Portsmouth game the day after, because he was in breach of contract because he hadn't bought Spurs tickets. They told him that he could now buy the Spurs tickets, at the normal price, despite the fact the game had already been played, and unless he did his ST would be cancelled for the remainder of the season. He bought 2 tickets, 3 days after the game was played, for £80.

That is how United treat their 'customers'. And that's why he won't be renewing his 2 ST's next season, and that's why there will be no waiting list . . .

Basically, all United ST holders have to give their credit card details to the club and are charged for any cup tickets that United play at home.

The worst thing is that the person involved is afraid to take it to the media in case his ST gets terminated.

I found this to be absolutely appalling and I will never be travelling to Manchester United for an away fixture again as I refuse to line the pockets of a club that would treat loyal supporters like that.

The only positive that I took from reading that post was that it made me realise how lucky we are to have Randy, yourself and the rest of your team on board who would NEVER treat loyal ST holders in such a disgusting way.

Hi General.

I just saw a peice on Sky Sports News and thought it may be a good idea for Villa.

Preston NOrth End had their mascot going to an infant school for a bit of PR,

Im not sure if Villa do this already but I Know my sons school has not had any Villa influence.

I just thought it'd be a good idea for Hercules and Bella to maybe visit some schools and even give out free team photos etc, its a good way to grab the kids before they get tricked into supporting Man U/Liverpool etc..

Thank you, Thank you, Thankyou!

Salutations General,

Since Martin, Randy and your good self joined Aston Villa Football Club, my wife has become obsessed with everything Villa.Whether it be this fine website,buying us season tickets or checking the weather forcast in Marbella to check if the lads are getting a bit of sun (I kid you not!) This week i found her writing Valentine cards to the squad and sorry to spoil the suprise but I've got a feeling there's one heading your way( Sorry Mrs K!)

Can i just say (joking aside) I do believe her renewed passion and love for Aston Villa is due to the passion, dedication and class you,Martin and Randy have shown week in week out since joining the Villa Family.

Thank you once again.

Colin

If it's not possible don't worry, I know you are all busy men, but i know it would make her day to get some kind of reply from Martin for the Valentine cards she sent to the squad, to him and you and Randy.

General Krulak here:

3. Neither Randy nor any other single owner has "veto power" over this issue. At the end of the day though, it will possibly come to a vote. Remember, all we were asked was a go-ahead to "explore"...NOT a decision. Randy will do what is right.

If this situation arises and Randy votes no citing his allegiance to the fans of Aston Villa as his reason then great news, but where would that leave us if he was the only 1 of 20 to do this? Would Villa then attempt to go against the league to accommodate the fans?

I know this is all if's and but's General and I hope that FIFA and the FA put an end to it before we have to, but this is an idea that fans may have no control over and that is worrying!

Cheers

Jon

Are there any plans to shoot another film, a la the "Proud History, Bright Future" one that was sent out with the season ticket packets?

If I may pitch one, how about a behind-the-scenes documentary of the 22 hours before the derby game at VP plus the two hours of the game, including MON's pre- and post-game talks and having MON (and perhas other players) wear a microphone during the game; sort of like how NFL Films does it.

In addition to release as a DVD, would it also be reasonable to have a theatrical screening over the summer. Season ticket holders could bid online in a sort of Dutch auction (technically a multi-unit English ascending auction) for tickets to the screening (possibly as part of some sort of banquet) with the proceeds going to a charity supported by the club.

General Krulak here:

1. Mascots do get out and about.

2. holtefantastic: Please thank your good lady for me re. the Villa support...and for you too. I will do something for your wife if you send me her telephone number.

3. TUBBY: I should not speculate on what the Club would do if proposal was brought forward and the vote place us in a different position than the rest of the league.

4. I am not sure what the plans are re. a new video similar to Proud History Bright Future. Obviously, some would weigh where we are at the end of the season to see if it would be of value to do so.

2. holtefantastic: Please thank your good lady for me re. the Villa support...and for you too. I will do something for your wife if you send me her telephone number.

Careful, you know what these military-types are like... ;)

General,

I'd just like to draw your attention to a thread on here entitled 'The Tiny Treble'.

OutByEaster? has posted a cracking summary of the season so far in terms of the reserves and the academy side (in the league and the FA youth cup).

I'd like to congratulate the club as a whole for this (hoping not to put the mockers on their season) and ask that you pass on my congratulations to those specifically working in those areas so that they realise that the club's fans are very aware of the fortunes of the club in these less publicised but very important areas.

General Krulak here:

1. There is absolutely no question that our Youth Program is a very good one and that our Reserves are extremely talented. We need to have a good program to "build our own" to compliment those players that we will bring in. The key to what is happening now is that everyone we are working with "buys into" MON and his ethos. Good stuff.

Hi General

First of all, please let me express my gratitude for what you and the rest of the new leadership team have done for the club over the past 18 months. The transformation is remarkable and the future looks fantastic.

I am a long-time Villa fan and my wife and I are planning our first trip to the UK and to Villa Park in April. We're planning to see the Bolton game on April 5th. I'm not sure about ticket arrangements, though given how rare our trips are, we'll opt for the best possible options when they come on sale.

What I'd really like to know is, are regular tours of the grounds available, matchday or otherwise? I couldn't find any information on it on the site. We would love to soak up as much of the atmosphere and history of the club as we can during our visit.

Hi general, have just read an article on fansfc.com sent from my friend and although i know it is an unreliable resource can you shed any light on if any truth in this article at all?

The Midlands club have made giant strides under chairman Randy Lerner and, of course, manager Martin O'Neill, with the club having a chance of a top-four finish and a UEFA Champions League spot this season.

O'Neill will be given a huge amount of cash in the summer to ensure progress is maintained at Villa Park, with some reports suggesting he could even be the biggest spender in the country.

It is believed that Villa want to become regular Champions League competitors, and there are even claims that Lerner wants the league title before the end of the 2010/11 season.

"He has big plans and I realise that if I do well I can realise those ambitions here,” O’Neill said of Lerner. "If this football club can afford it, I will happily spend money. I would have no qualms about it.”

Appreciate the good work,

VR07

Hi General & thanks for your time. Can you look into the Villa v Middlesborough game on 8th and try and get us news about it asap.

Middlesborough have just drawn in cup and we're concerned the game will be moved. My dad is taking me for my birthday but we've been holding off on getting tickets due to the confusion!

Hi General & thanks for your time. Can you look into the Villa v Middlesborough game on 8th and try and get us news about it asap.

Middlesborough have just drawn in cup and we're concerned the game will be moved. My dad is taking me for my birthday but we've been holding off on getting tickets due to the confusion!

Instead of bothering the General with fixture related questions like these just call the club's Consumer Sales Department on 0800 612 0970. It is one free phone call and they will be able to advise you.

I brought tickets to secure some seats even though they are not sending the tickets out until they know exactly when the match is going to be played, this would allow anybody to get a refund over the telephone should the fixture date change without having to return any tickets back in the post. My dealings with them have always reassured me they are a quite capable department and always willing to help the fan.

Hi General,

I was able to take up the fantastic offer for the north stand lower this season gen and i purchased not just one season ticket for myself but also for my six year old son. this has been his first season and he's had a brilliant time. I just want to know when we will hear about prices for next season. I don't expect my tickets to be such a bargain as this season's but will there be much of an increase ?. I'm desperate to be able to afford for my son to continue going along with me

cheers

Dean

General Krulak here:

1. Canuckvillan: If you will send me a pm re. the visit and some details, I will see if we can set up a tour and visit to Hotle.

2. Villarevolution2007: I have not seen that interview. My sense is that whether or not it is in writing, that probably aqccurately reflects where we would all like to be. It sounds pretty ambitious but there is nothing wrong with being ambitious if tempered with reality.

3. Middlesborough game: As soon as we get word, we will let people know. I understand that Nicky is sending out tickets with a caution that the schedule might change.