General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Thanks for your responses so far but its very important for you to gauge the depth of opposition to this.

If this goes ahead, me and many other Villa fans I know will give up our season tickets and interest in Aston Villa FC and go support a team that deserves our support. Because by accepting this proposal, whether it has just been planned to be "just looked into" or not, is a disgrace in itself. If that's the case, we'd rather not be a part of this "brave new world" thanks. And were not old guys either who dream of some mythical age, we are all only 25. This will have a big effect on support. They can try to take Aston Villa out of Birmingham, but take Birmingham out of Aston Villa at your peril!!!

Regards

A very concerned Villa fan.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

Just thought id also vent my frustration on the whole Premier league going global thing.

I dont think any fan is in approval of such a venture it would ruin the game completely and make it more appealing to the prawn sandwich eating fans who could afford to attend such games.

I also think that to play in europe you must earn it, by playing such games you are losing the prestige and motivation of reaching europe as the carrot will be lost so to speak.

And finally on the subject of the PL having 7 subs next season i think that is stupid it favours the larger teams which have greater squad depth and will give them even more versatility.

I hope you veto any plans of the above the PL conjure up.

Ash.

I would just like to add that I agree with the sentiments of my fellow Villans. We shouldn't be considering this extra game, because it's clearly just for money and makes the league unfair.

However, I would say that I agree that Villa needs to explore ways of making the Villa brand global. There are other ways we can do this though.

General, as a regular user of Villatalk and a season ticket holder.....

Can I say how amazing i think this type of communication with the fans is....as some clubs get more and more corporate and ignore their fans...I think the job you and Randy have done is fantastic so far.....

It is so refreshing to see how our club is run by people (you, Randy, MON) who have common sense and business nous in abundance and the people skills to be able to take Aston Villa onwards and upwards.

And General, I was unable to get a ticket for the Arsenal away game....(the tickets sold out in under 3 hours on the first day of sales)....due to the phenomenal demand from our magnificent away support ..of which i have been a part of at wrexham, st andrews, blackburn, wigan, sunderland and fulham....

It was going to be an integral part of the wedding day, going to the Arsenal game.....and so the party were gutted when we found out that they had all gone.

However, thank you the magnificent girls at Aston Villa...Nicky Keye and Nicola Salt.....they have managed to get 3 tickets for us...and we are absolutely delighted.

Could you please pass on my very heartfelt thanks and please please commend them on the great job they are both doing (and give them a little bonus because they are both excellent - not my decision I know General...I just think they both represent Aston Villa FC so well).

And finally, here's to another great weekend and hopefully 3 more points for the Villa!!!

Thank you General

General Krulak here:

1. I can say no more than what I have said already...your comments and, in fact, some of your posts have gone to Randy. He knows your passion and your feelings towards this issue. Saying that Randy is "considering" this is a stretch. There is really nothing to consider since nothing has been proposed. What is CRITICALLY important is that Randy knows how you feel...he will do nothing to hurt AVFC or the League or the fans. I don't want any of you to go out and shred your season tickets, start following another Club or commit sepuku. Trust Randy and your Club...they will do what is right.

2. RandyLion: I am glad you got the tickets...I told you we would get it sorted. Have a great time at Arsenal.

3. Browns off-season: A good deal of the off-season is spent scouting, evaluating players, looking at film, preparing for the draft, building the play book, doing strength drills, endurance drills, etc. etc.

General

I appreciate that you have responded to the torrent of complaints about the PL's proposals to play games abroad.

However I would also like to vent my anger and disgust at this so called proposal. I have supported the club for almost fifty years and if this comes into being it will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

The media and "money men" have absolutely no respect for the loyal fans who despite everything have continued to invest their hard earned cash in following their respective clubs.

When you say Randy would do nothing to hurt the club I really want to believe you and will trust him as you suggest. I very much hope that he remembers his statement when he took over the club saying that he sees himself as a "Guardian" of the club. However he is just one of the Premiership Owners/Chairmen and I fear that others will be very keen to chase the filthy lucre, which will then rapidly find its way into the hands of the overpaid players and their sleazy agents.

Enough is enough - I sincerely believe that if the PL is allowed to proceed with this proposal that there will a massive backlash from the fans all over the country.

Mr Lerner and all the other owners are obviously the legal owners of the various PL clubs but they BELONG to the fans.

thanks for the response general...

if villa are firmly against the idea, even if it happens, then that is good enough for me..

i wont like it, but if the club i love didnt want it to happen, but it is forced through anyway, then there is not much we can do about it..

it would mean a lot to me that we would be fully against this "idea" if the reported stupidity is the actual plan...

Page 291 of this thread is very interesting reading as it talks of this very subject. In fact one of our posters Legendary_10 actually more or less predicts exactly what is being proposed (are you that parasite Scudamore??)

Interesting that Ian Robo was so convinced about Randy.

fantastic research fuse and I stand by my comments and well done Mike !!!

thats why I hope and know Randy will not allow this but as the General has said these comments have been fed back to Randy so lets hope he understands us all.

I understand Randy may be enormous pressure to agree but has he showed in the NFL he will do it , I have faith, I don;t wat that to be broken.

How can it be right for a DOMESTIC competition to be played abroad? Until that question can be answered there is nothing for Lerner to even consider unless it is all about the money because rest assured you wouldn't be doing it for the fans.

General, why can't we be the club that just comes out and says a big loud clear 'NO' to this? We'd be the first and win the respect of ALL real football fans which would mean a hell of a lot more than a sack load of filthy Scudamore-drenched money. Furthermore I'm furious with the articles on the OS of the club talking the prospect up. I'm sickened, absolutely sickened by it. I thought Ellis was something but if this goes though we'll all know Lerner brought this club for one reason and one reason only and you came in to soften the fans up to help him do it.

NO NO NO. This must not happen!! Enough of the pandering and the carefully chosen words you've used whilst answering so far (I've been a public relations officer for years I know how it works.) YES or NO: do you or do you not agree that ANY DOMESTIC game played abroad is entirely unnacceptable when your true fanbase of over 100 years is in Birmingham, England. Yes or no General?

(Any answer other than 'yes' or if he refuses to answer and talks about waiting to here more information means the decision has either been made or is being seriously considered (ask yourself why otherwise the club would talk it up as 'exciting' on the OS?)

If this goes down the owners will be traitors to our club and all that it once stood for. William McGregor is already rolling in his grave.

3. I played Lacrosse and wrestled at University and they still are two of my favourite sports.

Thanks Gen, what kind of wrestling do you prefer? The real, "amatuer" wrestling such as NCAA or "Professional" wrestling like WWE or TNA?

General, even playing games abroad is ok by me.

But Randy and yourself have shown yourselves to be proud of Villa's traditions.

Well, here's a letter William McGregor, a man who gave decades of his life to Aston Villa, wrote 120 years ago:

I beg to tender the following suggestion as a means of getting over the difficulty: that ten or twelve of the most prominent clubs in England combine to arrange home-and-away fixtures each season

And so the league was founded.

That's it. That's all we ask. Change whatever else, but that's how our league works. Two games against each side. No seedings. A level playing field.

One hundred and twenty years of tradition, General. One hundred and twenty years. My grandad is 95 and watched Aston Villa in the 1920s. He told me tonight he's done with football now.

More than any other club, Aston Villa should be the one to challenge this, to stop it in its tracks.

We say 'Proud History', General. Let Aston Villa make us proud again, even if it does cost a few bucks.

If this went through 19 clubs to 1, and Villa were that one, I'd be as proud as the day we won the European Cup.

The underlying basis of an English football club is community and locality. Its great fans in other countries follow Villa but as I would not expect the raiders to leave their home to play in front of me and leave their own fans behind I would not expect my club who I love with as much passion as my own family (but in a slightly different way) to do the same.

General, even playing games abroad is ok by me.

But Randy and yourself have shown yourselves to be proud of Villa's traditions.

Well, here's a letter William McGregor, a man who gave decades of his life to Aston Villa, wrote 120 years ago:

I beg to tender the following suggestion as a means of getting over the difficulty: that ten or twelve of the most prominent clubs in England combine to arrange home-and-away fixtures each season

And so the league was founded.

That's it. That's all we ask. Change whatever else, but that's how our league works. Two games against each side. No seedings. A level playing field.

One hundred and twenty years of tradition, General. One hundred and twenty years. My grandad is 95 and watched Aston Villa in the 1920s. He told me tonight he's done with football now.

More than any other club, Aston Villa should be the one to challenge this, to stop it in its tracks.

We say 'Proud History', General. Let Aston Villa make us proud again, even if it does cost a few bucks.

If this went through 19 clubs to 1, and Villa were that one, I'd be as proud as the day we won the European Cup.

HUGE round of applause to that post, best one in the thread.

Not to mention that Villa would presumably still be involved with it afterwards, thus getting the financial rewards while standing up for the tradition.

If the other 19 clubs are gung ho, what harm is there to staking out the Ron Paul position?

An un-seeded draw made before the start of the season,

where team A plays team B in location X in November instead of there normal league fixture.

Then the teams play again in January in location Y.

With some of the profits going towards cheaper match tickets in the UK.

This would of made a lot more sense.

But even so, taking this deal is on par with, receiving a bung to put out a weakened team.

Some clubs get more money, and other clubs get a lot more money and more on and off field advantages to win these game's and dominate English football.

This is not a deal to be done for the entertainment of a sports fan, but for the ego and unfair benefit of a few sports entertainment fanatics.