General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, ignore the doubters, your all doing a wonderful job down VP.

If we'd just won the champions league there would still be someone moaning about something on here!

We're heading in the right direction and thats the important thing.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we'd just won the champions league there would still be someone moaning about something on here!

Absolutely spot on.

Absolutely spot on.

Couldn’t agree more. Your work and the work of O Neill is massively appreciated. I am sure it’s easy for people to over react on a keyboard and I cringe when I read some of it. I can only speak for those I go the games with but we haven’t been so positive about the future of our club for a long time.

We have the best owners and the best manager we could have, of that I have no doubt.

Up the Villa

I would like to add further support to everything that has been said. While I have viewed Villatalk for a long time I have never felt to need to post, but after seeing the reaction to the game against Fulham I just can't believe what I am reading. Thank you General for everything that you, MON and Randy have done for Aston Villa. Keep up the great work and Up the Villa

Would like to concur with this comment General.

We all appreciate the work being done at Villa and some of the comments on here over the past few days have been ridiculous. One bad result and some people want the whole team replacing!

General, Take heed of the doubters, your all doing a good job down VP.

If we'd just finished 4th there would still be some people on here expressing their opinions on how to improve the club!

We're heading in the right direction and thats the important thing. We can get better though.

General we do all really really appreciate the way Aston Villa has approved under the new ownership team and we all appreciate the time and effort to put to answering our questions. However you have to understand that fans want to see promises fulfilled and promises were made about Villa signing top classes players and yet the transfer window has seen our squad lose more than it gained i.e. Cahill leaving and Routlidge signing.

MON has said in his statment that he made several enquiries about players the problem is us fans don't know any of them, now thats a good thing in that the clubs business is kept private but it doesn't help fans, I mean the one player we were linked with over an over signed for Portsmouth. Perhaps a bit more information about what MON is trying to do would be a good thing for the fans.

If we get a Europe place the January transfer window will be soon forgotten however if we pick up injuries and finish 9th or 10th and MON comes out to every press conference talking about our small squad I think fans will have just reason to feel annoyed at least. Just giving some feedback General keep up the great work

Its great that people are posting messages of support on this thread for what is going on at VP but I'm sure the people that matter can already see that the vast majority of supporters are right behind them and believe in what they are doing when they look at the increased attendances, shirt sales and the positive atmosphere around VP on matchdays.

Seriously people, the past is the past, The general has NOTHING to do with transfers, does not tell MON who to buy, or hold a gun to anyones head... Give the man a break, him being on forums is a first for any club and yet we bitch at him about something he can not control...

Has he not sorted out disabled access, helped bring down season ticket prices in the north stand, move the away support into a dingy corner... Tons more positive moves, you would have screamed if we got heskey and bramble so how about we smile at the fact that he has the cash for the summer, will see the Euros and bring people in, rather that than an over priced brit to warm the bench from spurs (not a dig at routledge I meant boateng etc)

General OMG I saw the superbowl and have NO clue who tom petty is but OMG the girls in the crowd were like soo hot, you gotta love superbowl!

I wondered is there a 5 year plan or anything similar with the Browns? i noticed they topped their league table with a 0.625 percentage which seems pretty decent.

*Yeah i know its not Villa related but its important to know*

Oh and Chelsea clinton says to say hey :-) Facebook Rawks!

General Krulak here:

1. Ricardomeister: You make some very good points...as do many of the fans on this site. There is no question that our Squad is small...and injuries to a small squad can cause real problems. The difference of opinion, I believe, stems from the fact that MON obviously does not believe the answer to a small Squad is to go out and spend money on players who he does not feel will fit into our system. Someone mentioned the Super Bowl and the Giants. There was no question that the Giants did not have the quality personnel that the Patriots possessed BUT, they played as a TEAM...no prima donnas, no self-proclaimed all-stars. They gave 110% and when it came down to the end of the game, the fact that they played as a team on both offense and defense made the difference. I cannot over-emphasize the importance to MON and the Club to get players who "fit" into our scheme. MON will NOT spend money to get players that he honestly doesn't feel will meet the needs of the Club. It is here where the "trust" must reside...it is here where Randy trusts MON.

2. Ian_Taylor: Thank you for your comments. You articulated my feelings.

3. "Top Class" signings: For about the 10th time, "Top Class/World Class" comments have been explained...NOT made by Randy...NOT made by MON...NOT made by me. You can continue to beat us all up on those comments if it will make you feel good but they were NOT made by anyone associated with the Transfer process. It would be as if I were to promise "world class" signings...it would mean nothing because I have nothing to do with the process.

4. shortshadyuk: Did you get the snap shot of you and Chelsea and the London Eye??? It looked good to me.

Hi General,

I too wish to say that all of yours, the board's and the playing staff's efforts are appreciated.

I, like a lot of other fans, am worried at the lack of personnel coming into the club. I understand that MON doesn't want to just go and throw money away just to make up the numbers but in the summer the man is going to have to do some serious business surely! I am not expert on players contracts but surely we will lose Sorenson, Berger, Ollie and maybe Moore in the summer. That leaves us with a squad of just 19 players and Martin recently claimed that he wanted a squad of 26-30 players all of the same sort of quality. That tells me that he will have to buy around 6-7 players in the summer, at around £5m+ if you want the same quality as what we already have. That equates to a lot of money spent general given the fact that we won't be making much on the players leaving! Plus we have to pay for Carson and Davies if we are to keep them so overall that becomes an investment of around £50m and I just cannot see that happening. If it does I will be more than happy of course, and so will others!

I have to finally add that I am bitterly disappointed in the sale of Gary Cahill. Considering we are supposed to be developing players through the academy, it is criminal to let go of such a promising young player. I know MON seems to like the younger players so that he can "bring them on" so why pay £3.5m for Knight who is 27 and let go of a 22 year old who the club has invested a lot of time and money in? It is a shame to see him leave!

Take care General and keep up the good work!

Given that the Gen. has said numerous times that he has nothing to do with transfers, including just above this post it's mildly frustrating to see people still asking about them. Blandy

Hi General

I have a slightly unusual problem which I'm hoping you may be able to help me with, or at least put me in touch with someone who can.

I was due to go away backpacking in north Wales for a few days over Easter leaving on the Thursday evening. However we 're playing at home on the Saturday against Sunderland so I'm delaying setting out untill after the match as there's no way I'm missing the game.

The problem is the last train on the Saturday leaves at 6.00pm which means I'd need to go to New Street straight from the game. Obviously I'm not going to allowed to enter the game with my full rucksack, so I was wondering if it was possible to arrange to leave it at Villa Park reception, or somewhere, so I can pick it up straight after the final whistle.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

General Krulak here:

1. Ghost of Pongo Waring: Take the rucksack and leave it at reception...tell them that General Krulak said it was OK. Remind me right before the game and I will give them a call. But it really won't be necesary if you just say I said it was A-OK.

2. villarocker: A couple of points: 1) it is not up to you or to me as to what is too large of an investment...it really is up to Randy. So far, I have not seen him fail to make an investment when it made sense to do so. MON will work it out with Randy and both men will do what needs to be done. 2) your thoughts on Gary Cahill...he is, indeed, a fine young lad and player. At the same time, MON is the Manager and made his decision based upon what he sees, day-in and day-out. We see only a small part of what MON sees. If he felt it was best to let Gary go, then so be it. The day Randy or General Krulak start interfering with a single player decision will be the day the Club starts going down hill.

on point 2 General the last thing any of us want is for anyone toher than the manager and his staff to interfer with the playing side.

Thats why I love what you are doing because we had interference from the previous chairman and we don;t want to ever see that

Thanks for the reply on Super Tueday, it is clear that Mccain will get the republican nomination but for the Democrats it is fascinating between the old and new guard. Would you agree if Hilary fails to win New York, her own senate seat she is in trouble

also General a question about the differences between the UK and US, could you say what you love and hate about the UK and the same for the US ?

General Krulak here:

1. Ghost of Pongo Waring: Take the rucksack and leave it at reception...tell them that General Krulak said it was OK. Remind me right before the game and I will give them a call. But it really won't be necesary if you just say I said it was A-OK.

2. villarocker: A couple of points: 1) it is not up to you or to me as to what is too large of an investment...it really is up to Randy. So far, I have not seen him fail to make an investment when it made sense to do so. MON will work it out with Randy and both men will do what needs to be done. 2) your thoughts on Gary Cahill...he is, indeed, a fine young lad and player. At the same time, MON is the Manager and made his decision based upon what he sees, day-in and day-out. We see only a small part of what MON sees. If he felt it was best to let Gary go, then so be it. The day Randy or General Krulak start interfering with a single player decision will be the day the Club starts going down hill.

Fair point General and thanks for the reply! I guess that we have to follow the motto "In Martin we trust".

I think the problem myself and others have General, is that a few years ago Villa were in a very strong position in the league and failed to build on it which cost us and we just don't want to see it happen again. If it does happen then we will just have to wait a bit longer and be a bit more patient.

May I ask if you are a gambling man General and if you ever have a bet on the Villa? My mates and I have a bet called a "scorecast" every Villa game, where you have to pick the correct score plus the name of the first scorer and I have to say that big Martin Laursen plus a Villa win pays very generous odds :D

General Krulak here:

1. Fortunately for my wife, I am not a gambling man...never had the money to be able to afford to risk it on a horse or a game.

2. The US and the UK: Love about US: friendliness, service-oriented, "melting pot", strong value system, geography, pride, optimism. Dislike about US: arrogance. Love about UK: people, humour, pride, tradition/history/ethos, "melting pot". Dislike about UK: not as service-oriented ( a smile from a waiter would be nice).

3. The reporting structure of the Board has not changed with the departure of Richard. The Chairman still has all members of the Board reporting to him...no change. Richard's responsibilites are, for the time being, shared by several people. It is important for the Fans to understand that the Board is very "hands-on" and that Randy is involved in many, many, aspects of the Club. People travel to the US to meet with Randy and Randy travels to the UK to meet with people. Members of the Board are at VP almost every week. This is not a rudderless ship.