General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Sorry I was off the site...I was asked to go to South Carolina to meet with Presidential candidates and had to go with little or no warning.

2. "Laursen is with us" is now pretty obvious.

3. My job and roles...Randy's jobs and roles. Do you mean at Villa or do you mean our total obligations, including Villa?

4. Love to get fan help on banners but, as you know, we would need to see what the banners looked like first.

5. My personal desire would be to see the Patriots play the Packers and have the Patriots win...even though I had the honour to give a motivational talk to the Packers during pre-season.

General I think it would be a good move to give each of the Presidential candidates a Villa scarf next time you see them, whomever produces it on the campaign trail displays to the world that they are able to think outside the 50 states, building strong alliences with Europe and understanding what is most important for the world as a whole - "football". As a bonus the first to mention Paul McGrath in a speech gets the 45 million Irish American votes!

General, regarding the presendtial race it is obvious the democratic one is tight, is race a major issue

also regarding the republican one with no clear winner I would say McCain is closest to you as an ex marine, what is your personal take on him

As to motivational speeches, who is better, you or MON 8)

General Krulak here:

1. Sorry I was off the site...I was asked to go to South Carolina to meet with Presidential candidates and had to go with little or no warning.

Yeah I hear that one all the time.. Either that or "I'm washing my hair"..

On the subject though General, did you ever consider politics after you left the military? Obviously a very different kind of "public service".. And if its a "no", why not?

Thanks ;)

General Krulak here:

1. Randy is a very busy man...aside from owning the Browns and Villa, he runs a company in NYC, and other projects around the country. He is very active in National Security activities, supports the young men and women who serve in the military by providing transition education for them He is active in the arts...music/art/writing as well as education. Bottom Line: Randy is involved in many, many things beyond just sports. He is a very caring individual who is selfless in the way he deals with the world outside of football.

2. I never considered going into politics. I sit on 3 Corporate Boards, 3 Not-For-Profit Boards, work with Randy on National Security issues to include working to help get former service people jobs in the private sector. I spend a good deal of time on National Security issues...speeches, lectures, discussion groups, advising, etc. Obviously, I am on the Board of AVFC.

3. The Democratic Race is very tight...but I do not believe that race is an issue...certainly not with the average American. The recent "flare up" was much ado about nothing.

4. John McCain, although a hero and former military officer does not gain my vote because of those two things.

General,

I know this may not be an issue high up on the list of priorities, but I feel I must voice my concerns regarding sale of players to Birmingham City FC. I know ultimately MON has the final say, but I really can't see how giving them anything, to help them fight relegation is good for us. You have seen how they look at us with disdain and envy, so I have to say I am very disappointed to see them try and prise another of our players in the young and promising Mr. Cahill.

I know me saying this will not affect any transfer outcome, but most fans don't like trading with BCFC, and certainly would rather sell a player to someone else before they sell to them.

Rant over.

2. I never considered going into politics. I sit on 3 Corporate Boards, 3 Not-For-Profit Boards, work with Randy on National Security issues to include working to help get former service people jobs in the private sector. I spend a good deal of time on National Security issues...speeches, lectures, discussion groups, advising, etc. Obviously, I am on the Board of AVFC.

Sounds like you are a very busy man, which makes me even more greatful for you giving up time to deal with us!

General if you do see Caroline Giuliani, do pass her my email :-P i have a weird crush on her lol giving i just checked out the presidential candidates and their daughters to see whom im voting for lol

Its odd that the press there are saying shes supporting obama, all she did was add herself to a random facebook group Geez

Chelsea Clinton is weirdly hot too

Agreed. I'd really love cahill to stay, but if he goes, I'd be annoyed if it was Blues.

And if he does, at least try and rip them off a bit. I'm sure they would do the same to us, if we where signing a a quality young player like cahill (see Davies to us).

Oh yeah, and it's not all bad General. Quality work on getting Laursen to sign with us. Hopefully it'll be Mellberg next.

And I havn't had the chance to say it yet, but keep up the good work :thumb:

General,

Good to se the FA Youth Cup fifth round tie now being played on the date where the Blackburn game used to be, are you coming over that week?

You're the youth cup lucky charm now!

How about a free pint in the Holte for anyone that can prove they've flown into the country and originally had Blackburn tickets or some sort of added match-day experience?

EDIT: LV inserted 'youth' in case anyone was surprised ;-)

Hi general. was thinking about the Youth and reserve games at VP. i enjoy coming down and seeing them but last time i cried off at 70 mins because of the cold. Would there be a way of maybe opening the trinity suite with its excellent views for the match with a slightly higher admission than normal and the bar open. It would certainly see me down VP more.

Id like to congratulate you and the board on the business villa side of things. My organisation are holding our gala awards for our learners in the trinity suite in March. Sarah Cuer who i have been dealing with is excellent and the thing i got to smile about at work is the fact our organisations management asked me as co-organiser to look at both Birmingham "city" and Villa. Your staff were helpful and prompt in response. Small Heath never returned 2 calls we left for us to talk to them. I now have the great task of telling all our small heath supporting students and management that its not my fault there team were rubbish :P .

Many thanks.

p.s. i totally support the people saying we shouldnt sell to Birmingham "city".

General i owe you many thanks. I am usually at my most p#issed off during January. Christmas has come and gone and left me in loads of debt. Then I have to go back to work, its always cold , dark and wet outside.......not happy. But now Ive got Villa joint in 4th place to keep me smiling. Keep up the excellant work. I got my first season ticket this year ever and what a year to start :)

you have a pm from me as well General.