General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

(1) Taxi/Hackney Rank or shuttle bus

(2) Prematch

(a) Open the ground earlier so that at least I can go sit down and get something to eat under cover ?

(B) Provide some covered seated eating facilities in or around the ground for non season ticket holders ?

As a fellow traveller I have to agree with this on both counts. Asked the Stewards after the game the other week where I could find a taxi (as I had to be somewhere quickly after the game) and they told me I'd be better off catching a train from Witton Station to New St and using the taxi rank there. Not really an ideal solution if you're in a hurry...

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

My friend (kkr) and i at uni had a discussion about the certain chants and songs that we villa fans sing that you have informed us that randy finds rather offensive, my old man for example and i totally agree and can see where you and he are coming from on the whole issue.

Now i know you and Randy would never be so forward as to tell us what we should and should not sing, its every mans right to free speech etc. We (during a very long break between lectures) came up with an idea that we wanted to put to you on the matter.

Maybe it might be an idea to liase (spelling?) with supporters through forums, websites etc in order to put together a number of new chants which could then be recorded by, oh...say 30 or so fans and played through the speakers at villa park on match days so as to encourage people to sing/chant or whatever and help maybe newer people who havent been before to take a more full role in backing the team.

Dont know the legal situation on playing in effect simulated chants into the ground but if we want to maintain atmosphere while still eradicating what is considered by some to be totally unnecessary swearing, which we all know our owner (who we all love :)) dislikes.

Best of Luck General, keep up the good work!

Adam (desensitized43)

Hi General,

(1) Taxi/Hackney Rank or shuttle bus

(2) Prematch

(a) Open the ground earlier so that at least I can go sit down and get something to eat under cover ?

(B) Provide some covered seated eating facilities in or around the ground for non season ticket holders ?

As a fellow traveller I have to agree with this on both counts. Asked the Stewards after the game the other week where I could find a taxi (as I had to be somewhere quickly after the game) and they told me I'd be better off catching a train from Witton Station to New St and using the taxi rank there. Not really an ideal solution if you're in a hurry...

Not sure if the taxi rank would work based on some comments, but a designated taxi pick up point along with a courtesy phone available within the confines of Villa Park - probably somewhere around the Villa Store. This would then allow people who needed taxis to wait inside V P and not have to wander around outside. Hopefully the General might be able to look into the feasability of this.

On the covered eating areas - I think that there maybe some possibility of using the Acadamy building already - I think you may have to be a member of an official supporters club - I will need to confirm this through as I am not sure.

Afternoon General,

Have the board anything special planned for the Man Utd game?

As I'm sure you are aware, Man Utd seem to love playing at Villa Park, and we often seem to role over and let them walk all over us. I know that you can do nothing about the performance on the day, that's MON's job and hopefully he'll have the team raring to go, that they are not 'in awe of the star players' on show. VP will be a sell out and our crowd will be full of voice.

However I believe if you give the fans something extra (such as the scarfs for Sheff Utd), it would really boost the crowds enthusiasm and in turn, hopefully, boost the teams performance.

*crosses fingers and hopes for some free gear*

Can I be selfish and agree that something special for the Man U game would go down a treat with me, mainly because it's my birthday the day after

General Krulak here:

1. I think you will enjoy the tribute to the Staffs. We will have their flag on the big screen and they will be introduced and, hopefully, take a walk around the Pitch. As I have said before, we all have our feelings regarding Iraq and the foreign policy that has us in that Country. At the same time, we also know that these soldiers did not set the foreign policy...they are just doing what their Country asked them to do. They are away from home and loved ones...they have suffered casualties...and they have performed magnificently. We need to thank them for their service .....and never mind the policy. We can address the policy in our elections and in our letters to our elected officials. For these soldiers, we just need to thank them.

2. The 5 year Plan is multi-faceted. It encompasses the play on the pitch, the sales and marketing of the Aston Villa Football Club Brand, the infrastructure at the Club itself, the communications with the fans, the growth of our fan base, the excellence of our service to our fans, the relationship of our Club to the local community, etc. etc. I would say that our year one goals were met. Much has been accomplished "behind the scenes" to rejuvenate the Club in both attitude, infrastructure, and service. We have great people at the Club who have been eager to move forward and make AVFC a name to be recognized, not only in the UK, but world-wide. I cannot begin to tell you how proud we are of our people and the effort they have produced. We have a solid Squad and a superb Manager and set of Coaches...and we will only get better. Bodymoor Heath is world-class and will help us attract players as we move forward but, more importantly, will help the team in many ways. The future will bring more quality play on the Pitch, more infrastructure improvements, more brand awareness, even better fan service, greater and more coordinated sales and marketing, etc. etc.

General ,

Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work !

Up the villa .

Hello General,

Having read the odd comment from some posters on this site regarding our poor relations called blues and the fact that we talk about them too much and that we shouldn't hype up our games with them you may be forgiven for thinking it's just another game.

Personally i believe it's one of our biggest, we've been brought up to loath each other since we were kids and the rivalry is as big as anything in Britain and possibly Europe.

I've paid my £45 and i know that on the day I'll be feeling the pressure along with thousands of my Claret and Blue brothers and sisters around the world.

I'd like to think that everyone on this site feels the same, I'm passionate about my club and when I'm with those 2700 fans inside that Gypsy cursed rubbish dump they call saint Andrews I'll feel every tackle, kick every ball and sing till I'm horse.

My Question....if thats what it is, is to get this message to the team, the players from Brum won't need to be reminded but some of the others may need it pointing out.

Thank you for your time

totally agree with ruberyvilla

up until last time we played the scum,

i hate to say it but there players got up for the game more than ours but they also had a fair bit of luck

but i hope mon's influence will make them play there socks off like they try to do every game

so i would love you to give a message of support to the lads and for them to show the villa faithfull what they deserve for 41,000 fans going to a west ham game

please could posters, as per the guidelines, leave this thread for questions/comments for the Gen. When he comes back on line, he'll have a lot to go through. Discussion between posters makes his workload bigger. Thanks. Blandy

Hi General

Some time ago I thought I heard it mentioned that a Membership scheme to the club was being considered. If this is true at what stage is the proposal?

If one is to be constructed may I suggest the Arsenal club as a model (we could do better). It facilitates those who cant get to games and yet enables the chances for tickets to those who do in a fair and structured

manner. On a three tier system (Claret, Blue, Gold) season ticket holders could automatically become a mid range member for a 30-40% discount, with a £30 pa entry level fee.

The integrity of the club and rectitude of the supporter would be highly beneficial to all in a true ad-infinitum club membership.

Hi general. A friend of mine has asked me to post this question to you as he does not have access to the internet. Id be grateful if you could give your thoughts.

Thanks

I would like to know as a loyal fan who travels to every game, where is the incentive to do so? My point is made after seeing i have paid £45 to cheer the lads on in a big derby game, in an unsafe environment. Then i c that the less hardcore fans can pay a fiver to watch it in the holte and get a free breakfast! As much as i applaud this idea and think its great, the fact that they get a brekky makes me wonder why dont us hardcore get a thank you? i think all away scheme holders... who pay £25 to be in the scheme! should be thankd with a free replica shirt (or ticket to the midds game) for there commitment to the team. Seems it pays to be the armchair fan.

Hello General

A couple of people have mentioned opening the ground earlier - can I add my vote - oddly over the last 8 or nine games it seems to be getting later and later (upper holte) - used to be about 1.15 but now it can be as late as 1.40.

All the Best

The ground can not open until all stewards are in place and it is safe to open the gates. If stewards are not in there designated area until 1.40 then thats when the ground will open up, i believe i am right in this dont want to speak for the General but im sure he will say the same thing.

The ground can not open until all stewards are in place and it is safe to open the gates. If stewards are not in there designated area until 1.40 then thats when the ground will open up, i believe i am right in this dont want to speak for the General but im sure he will say the same thing.

Well then the stewards need tightenin up if some weeks they're ready at 1.15 and some at 1.40?

I think the stewerding at VP is terrible.

please could posters, as per the guidelines, leave this thread for questions/comments for the Gen. When he comes back on line, he'll have a lot to go through. Discussion between posters makes his workload bigger. Thanks. Blandy

Why not offer Breakfast at VP at 9am for all fans with a ticket for the Blues game? Then that will fill all our fans up so they don't need to spend any money on food at The Sty, thus stopping more money going into SHA's pockets.

General.

Im sure this has already been discussed and is both a question and an idea.

For the Birmingham game on the 11th will the squad that travels to St Andrews be offered a 'Win Bonus'. Could the players be possibly offered an extra 50% of their individual weekly wages on top of their current packet if the team wins. Although loyalty does surface from time to time in football i still think money can be a real inscentive for the players. I know this may cost a fair bit but surely it is worth it. You have small time business men (in comparison to yourself and Randy) from the blues coming out in the press and slating the club, wouldnt it be great to win this game and shut them up!!

As mentioned, im sure this is on the agenda but just an idea if not!

P.S did you watch the England game? Gareth was simply "immense" - (Hansen, BBC 2007), once again. He really is a credit to our club!

UpTheVilla

General, as we now have an arrangement with Seat Exchange to sell on season ticket holders seats that aren't required for certain matches how will the club ensure they don't fall into the hands of away supporters?

I read this question on another site but thought perhaps rather than speculate you could offer an answer

General

With the rugby World Cup final, between England and South Africa or Argentina, kicking off at 8.00pm next Saturday a lot of fans, me definitely included, will not be able to get back from seeing us beat Man Utd in time for kick off.

I presume the Holte Suite be will showing the match after the game but is this only open to season ticket holders, and the numbers will be limited.

I've noticed that theres a mobile 'revolving' screen sometimes in the car park behind the North Stand. Is it possible for this to be sited behind the Holte End making a 'fan park' with all supporters being able to buy a pint in the Holte Suite and enjoy the game.

As a season ticket holder I'll be watching it in the Holte Suite anyway if this isn't possible but it would be great if the club could help as many fans as possible see what could well be a historic occasion.

Also it may help stop large numbers of supporters leaving with ten-fifteen minutes to go, so they can get home for the kick off.

General,

Any word on our sponsors for next year? It is definately not going to be 32red so have you being scouting around for any new sponsors? can you give us an insight? A lot of people would like us to have someone like microsoft, apple or sony!