General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

edited - please can we keep this thread, as per the rules for Q&A and comments for the General. Ta. Blandy

As said, good on you General, for the whole episode. And nice touch phoning the paper to add your background/explanation... this meant they used this as well which, whatever the paranoid on this site feel, reflected well on you.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Cannot for the life of me understand about the hot food. I will check and see what happened. When did you attempt to purchase the food...ie. how long before the game?

I would guess about 10-15 mins before KO.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

General,

I wouldnt say this lightly but I believe it is time for AVFC to treat The Evening Mail/B'ham Post/Argus with the contempt it deserves as an outrageously Blue-nosed paper, and refuse to give direct interviews/quotes/etc., a la Fergie with the BBC.

The journos are lazy, innaccurate and our club is heading beyond the boundaries of the city. Concentrate on building our reputation with the nationals I say and tell Baggie Bill to stick his "exclusives" up his arse

:flag:

PS, glad the family's well...

General,

I wouldnt say this lightly but I believe it is time for AVFC to treat The Evening Mail/B'ham Post/Argus with the contempt it deserves as an outrageously Blue-nosed paper, and refuse to give direct interviews/quotes/etc., a la Fergie with the BBC.

The journos are lazy, innaccurate and our club is heading beyond the boundaries of the city. Concentrate on building our reputation with the nationals I say and tell Baggie Bill to stick his "exclusives" up his arse

:flag:

PS, glad the family's well...

General,

There are great fans on this site, but they are blinded by claret to any balance in the local press.

While I too feel that at times the Mail gets it wrong, I seriously value their coverage as a whole and know that fans would be lost without the thousands of words they print a day on paper and internet.

I'm sure you too value the free press.

Forward!

OMH

General Krulak here:

1. Sorry I have been off site...my father wasn't feeling good and I had to fly out to San Diego to see him. All is well now.

General i'm sure i can speak for everyone on here by offering our best wishes to your father.

General Krulak here:

1. A little bit about the Birmingham Mail. During one of my initial visits at Villa Park I had the opportunity to speak with some of the leadership at the Birmingham Mail. We had a very open and clear dialogue and I came away with the feeling that they were pretty good blokes. Since that time I have had the opportunity to speak with the individual who follows Villa on the sports page and each conversation has been both professional and worthwhile. Likewise, when this recent brouhaha erupted, I had the opportunity to talk to the staff writer and give my side of the story. Bottom Line: Like everyone on this site, I wish we would get more press from our local media...but, the reality is, we have many teams in the Birmingham market and the press can't focus on just one or two. So far, I haven't had many bad moments with the B'ham Mail and, for the most part, they have gone out of their way to write positive stories. Remember, they even sent someone to cover the trip to the US.

2. Thank you for the word about my father. 95 years old and beginning to slow down significantly. He is about the only reason I would miss a game...oops, OF COURSE, "Mrs. K"!!!!

General ,

I heard through the grapevine that Villa are looking at a marketing campaign aimed at the under 9's in Brum hitting areas which are not normally Villa a ' cradle to grave ' Marketing iniative ?

The feeling that most kids make their minds up about who they support by the time they are 8 .

If its true I think its an excellent idea at growing a future fan base , could you confirm ?

In tonight's Birmingham Mail on p47... along with letters both criticising the Mail's story (the majority) and the opposite view. Again, for those who claim imbalance, pretty open stuff...

Here's a direct link to the online version...

use short links

What do you think, General?

Shall we club together to get the original for the boardroom... or can we make it this year's Xmas card?

general,

is it possible for you, or any of the guys here, to give me a link to an official site or webpage detailing both the shuttle service you are running and the new swipe card system at the ground?

I need to refer to them in my business coursework!!

many thanks, and keep up the good work!!

click the links - starter for 10 - or phone Aston Villa consumer sales on 0800 612 0970. Blandy

General,

I was wondering if the Club could rerelease the Villa Hero tops from a couple of Years ago. If I remember rightly they were long sleeved shirts with the crest on the front and the name and number of the hero on the back. If I recollect they were in White, or Blue and were for the past heros Mortimer, Gray, Shaw, McGrath. They sold like hot cakes and with a prod history would definately add to the club shop. I am sure there will be a back catalog out there with the details. Thanks General. Also on another note thanks for your advice on the ticket history. David in the ticket office sortedit. He is a credit to the club. :notworthy:

I think we are missing the point here. David Gold is a censored. we don't want to get sued. Blandy Pure and simple!

I'll pay my £45 to see the Villa win down at Randy's toilet and I will sing your name General, at least you are sticking up for your fans and doing everything you can to stop them exploiting us.

Gold is gutted that now Deadly has gone we are proving that we are the number one show in town and more to the point we are getting better.

Hi General,

Hope you father is feeling better.

I would like to give you all at the club a big pat on the back, why?

I am just back from Miami where I was for the weekend and I went into a sports shop in Biscayne Bay Mall and I bought myself and my friend an Aston Villa shirt each.

I think this is a wonderful example of what you guys at the club are trying to do, make Aston Villa a global name.

So well done to you and well done to Nike.

Trying to put in two pictures from the shop but I can't!!!!!

Hi General,

I mentioned this to you about 6 months ago, its about a possible package for Villa fans from abroad.

I come from Dublin about twice or three times a season and usually bring 4 or 5 of my non supporting Villa mates.

For 150euro I can usually get a flight (40-50euro with Ryanair) a hotel ( 50 euroTravelodge on Broad street or similar hotel) and a match ticket (50 euro Holte lower) which comes to 150 euro.

I usually bring at least 4 people, so that is at least 600 euro at least twice a season that I would rather give to Villa as a package. Im not too sure if you are able to get involved with an airline company but Im sure you could create a couple of partnerships with a few of the hotels in the city.

I think that the packages that are available from the club at the moment that include the match ticket, meal and Tour are good but at 90sterling (128 Euro) they are a bit too expensive for most people.

If you think that from just me and my friends alone there is potential for at least 1200euro per season, this could be quite a money spinner for the club if run properly. I think that a nice, easy, user friendly facility on the club website would be great.

And on another point for the first time ever, almost every decent sports shop in Dublin has a Villa jersey. They are well displayed too, not just on a rail with the other jerseys.

Thanks,

Niall

Dear General,

I tried to book my ticket for the Leicester game on line yesterday. As a season ticket holder it's £15 (demonstrating to our grubby neighbours what value for money is really all about !), but there's no option for season ticket holders to purchase a ticket at this price on line.

I also had to register on the website to get this far and ended up with a different client number to my existing one.

Apologies if this has been covered before (I seem to remember you saying that they were looking at the website some time ago), but it'd save everyone a bit of time if, when registering for tickets, you had the option to put in your season ticket/client number details.

Cracking cartoon in the Mail yesterday, by the way.